PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anyone got headset advice? Think I might invest in one post tax time.
Budget plays a fair part in choosing a headset, you can get them from around $80 all the way up to $300 also are you after wireless or does a cord not worry you? There is a fair range out there and Turtle beach have just announced a new line of headsets that are to be released very soon.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone got headset advice? Think I might invest in one post tax time.

Keep an eye on catchoftheday.com. I picked up my Turtle Beach PX51 set from there not long ago for $99 and free postage. Usually retails over $200. As mentioned you can save a lot by getting a wired set. I'm personally more of a fan of headsets that come with a receiver that you can use the optical out straight from the console as the audio lag over HDMI is a bit of a pet hate of mine.

Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Budget plays a fair part in choosing a headset, you can get them from around $80 all the way up to $300 also are you after wireless or does a cord not worry you? There is a fair range out there and Turtle beach have just announced a new line of headsets that are to be released very soon.
Keep an eye on catchoftheday.com. I picked up my Turtle Beach PX51 set from there not long ago for $99 and free postage. Usually retails over $200. As mentioned you can save a lot by getting a wired set. I'm personally more of a fan of headsets that come with a receiver that you can use the optical out straight from the console as the audio lag over HDMI is a bit of a pet hate of mine.

Budget would probably be 150 max, unless there is compelling reason to spend more quality or comfort wise. Wired doesn't concern me, as I think I'll be moving the ps4 to my bedroom soon, and the couch is super close to the TV in there. What are the main specs I should be looking at quality wise? All i've ever had before is the one bundled with the ps4 and the Sony ps3 blue tooth earpiece I got not too long after launch. Never have actual headphones. Do most people go single ear for chat and TV for game audio or a set to have both outputs at once?

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
I have one of the Sony Pulse head sets.

They offer pretty good value for money

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-accessories/ps4-official-sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0

This is the PS4 version so it is like 2 versions up on mine but I imagine it offers similar quality.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-155133-Sony-Playstation-3-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-PlayStation-3

This is the one I own, works with both PS3 & PS4. I had no issues although I think Premiers04 had some issues with his and his wifi connection.

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Budget would probably be 150 max, unless there is compelling reason to spend more quality or comfort wise. Wired doesn't concern me, as I think I'll be moving the ps4 to my bedroom soon, and the couch is super close to the TV in there. What are the main specs I should be looking at quality wise? All i've ever had before is the one bundled with the ps4 and the Sony ps3 blue tooth earpiece I got not too long after launch. Never have actual headphones. Do most people go single ear for chat and TV for game audio or a set to have both outputs at once?
Well if you have only ever used ear pieces then you're in for some ear sex with headsets. I use Tritons like the pic

upload_2014-6-14_1-1-54.jpeg

Above your budget but gives you an idea what you're looking for.
There has been plenty of positive comments on here toward the Playstation headsets that retail for around $100 to $130 for the wireless set, or you could look at Turtlebeach headsets but some dont like the build quality of them.

I didn't know where to ask this so I'll put it here..

a mate of mines internet connection was dropping out even now and again (once every prob 10 games of fifa) the rest of the time it was fine.. he call his provider (TPG) and they sent out a guy to fix it up and he said he fixed it as well as upgrading his speed from 4 mgb to like 14 mgb or something.. how is that possible?

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
I have one of the Sony Pulse head sets.

They offer pretty good value for money

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-accessories/ps4-official-sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0

This is the PS4 version so it is like 2 versions up on mine but I imagine it offers similar quality.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-155133-Sony-Playstation-3-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-PlayStation-3

This is the one I own, works with both PS3 & PS4. I had no issues although I think Premiers04 had some issues with his and his wifi connection.

Yeah i had issues with the PS3 headset on my PS4, now have the PS4 wireless headset 2.0 and it works perfectly, added bonus of being able to use sound presets through the companion app on ps4 too.

I didn't know where to ask this so I'll put it here..

a mate of mines internet connection was dropping out even now and again (once every prob 10 games of fifa) the rest of the time it was fine.. he call his provider (TPG) and they sent out a guy to fix it up and he said he fixed it as well as upgrading his speed from 4 mgb to like 14 mgb or something.. how is that possible?
Possible was on adsl and they switched him to adsl+2. A correctly configured router could also help

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Get ready for more Resogun.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/21/free-resogun-update-goes-live-tomorrow-full-details/

Ship editor
One of the more requested features since the world first got a look at “dem voxels” was the ability to create your own ship. Housemarque listened and created a fully featured Ship Editor for you to play with as part of this free update!
Design your own ship from the ground up using a detailed voxel editor. Position the afterburners and weapons, set your own attributes to govern the ships skill at agility, boost and overdrive and choose either of the standard weapon sets for your ride. Want a flying Delorean with the agility of the Nemesis but firepower of the Ferox? Go right ahead!
But that’s not all… what’s a ship editor if you can’t show off your custom rides? We went one step further and fully connected the editor online, share and download ships from your friends, rivals and the community at large and try out new ships to see what gives you the edge in the leaderboards.

Local co-op
Another much requested feature was the ability to play local co-op in game and the good folks at Housemarque have heard you and added that to the expansion too.

Moar Trophies
We love a good trophy set and were really proud that so many of you achieved the platinum after the game launched. We worked long and hard to make a set that was a challenge but still achievable and we’re incredibly proud that we were a lot of player’s first platinum trophy on PS4.
Because we like trophies and we like to spoil you all, we added trophies to not only the forthcoming expansion but also to this free update too!

Hall of Fame
Since release we’ve seen you battling it out for the top scores on the leaderboards and go all out to save the last humans. Some player’s blew our minds in terms of the scores they could achieve and others… well some others surprised us with the discovery of some really sneaky exploits.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...lc-free-patch-to-add-more-content-this-month/
Also New DLC called Heroes

This Heroes expansion will include two new modes: Survival and Demolition, which you can read about in full below, courtesy of Mikael Haveri from Housemarque:

Survival
An endless mode that retains a lot of the core mechanics from the original Arcade mode. We switched up a few things, like scoring, and gave the humans parachutes as you can see in the image below.
The Day/Night cycle is another prominent feature of the new Survival mode. As you play, the varying time of day provides a great aesthetic and visual indicator, letting you know how far you have come.
Survival mode is for players who know they can always do a bit better. There are a lot of cool new things to learn while you take the ride, but as we intend to stay true to the arcade feeling, we will let you discover the twists yourself.
Demolition
“Arkanoid meets Resogun” is one way to sum it up.
Basically you get a Wrecking Ball that you manipulate to demolish all that gets in your way. That, plus a lot of special pickups that totally change the way the game kills you: multiball, extra balls, ball launching, ball level ups, (i.e. lots of balls) etc.
Demolition has you watching out for not only the enemies coming at you, but also the chaotic bombardment of the unpredictable main weapon in the mode. Oh yeah, you can only move and your only weapon is a limited proximity explosion. No boost, overdrive, or bombs. TL;DR you will die a lot, it will be insanely fun and I cannot wait to see people throwing their controllers around.

Before Heroes is available, there will also be a patch for Resogun on June 23rd, which includes new modes, local co-op, and more:
  • A lot of small fixes to improve the original game.
  • New leaderboard and friend functions.
  • Ship Editor and Local Co-op modes.
  • A lot more that will be explained later.
There is talk on other sites there will be a season pass for about $10 that will feature Heroes DLC and atleast one more DLC pack. along with more trophies and game soundtrack.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
After trying out the PS4 controller at a friend's house, I'm convinced that I really need a PS4. The controller feels so good in my hands, I must have it.

It's a big improvement. Feels bigger, weightier, triggers curl out instead of in, sticks are concave and they have more resistance. I have a hard time hitting Options sometimes though since it is wedged between the touch pad and where the buttons stand off the controller.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Resogun ship editor is brilliant. Made a fairly complex ship :straining:

RESOGUNtrade_20140625171938_zps5c9eb0c2.jpg

Just look at this beast in action, humans love hanging off my donger, had em lining up. It's real power is against bosses, watch it destroy that pussy at 0:25 and then majestically fly off like it was nothing :D

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Resogun ship editor is brilliant. Made a fairly complex ship :straining:

RESOGUNtrade_20140625171938_zps5c9eb0c2.jpg

Just look at this beast in action, humans love hanging off my donger, had em lining up. It's real power is against bosses, watch it destroy that pussy at 0:25 and then majestically fly off like it was nothing :D

You finished a bit fast there. Almost expected it to have blue balls.

After trying out the PS4 controller at a friend's house, I'm convinced that I really need a PS4. The controller feels so good in my hands, I must have it.

Yeah Sony have made up huge ground with the ps4 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back