PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coming extremely late to the PS4 party so I expect a load of eyerolling and 'we knew that, n00b' posts, but everyone knows there's no free online gaming on the PS4, right? My fat PS3 has started to get the YLOD lately, so I began scoping out the PS4's features.

No free gaming. You gotta subscribe to Playstation Plus. I know you get two free game downloads a month with that subscription, but how good are the games?

PS4 users, how are you tracking with all this at the moment? Is it worth it?

Coming extremely late to the PS4 party so I expect a load of eyerolling and 'we knew that, n00b' posts, but everyone knows there's no free online gaming on the PS4, right? My fat PS3 has started to get the YLOD lately, so I began scoping out the PS4's features.

No free gaming. You gotta subscribe to Playstation Plus. I know you get two free game downloads a month with that subscription, but how good are the games?

Let me figure out my password that I made 4 years ago and I'll let you know.

Historically with the PS3 the free PS+ games have been excellent but so far with the PS4 they have been fairly ordinary - it's probably more to do with the lack of a back catalogue of games for the PS4 than Sony changing anything.

I'm confident that in the future we'll see A+ games released for free for PS+ subscribers but there will be a lag before this happens.

I'm at the stage now where I've basically abandoned my PS3 and think I'll sell it shortly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The games are crap so far but we are only a year in its life.

The games are crap so far but we are only a year in its life.
The games aren't crap there just isn't a heap out there, I would of played the exact games on PS3 if the PS4 wasn't out and wouldn't be complaining about lack of releases because of the back catalogue out there, the "lack of games" are a given with a new system.

Does anyone know what the PS4 LED lights mean on the controllers?

For example, what's the difference between White, Blue and Orange (the colours that I've seen so far)?

Does anyone know what the PS4 LED lights mean on the controllers?

For example, what's the difference between White, Blue and Orange (the colours that I've seen so far)?
Blue is just standard player one. White is usually when the character in game is using a torch or something. Orange is probably fire. Depends what game you're playing. How much health you have is another thing that changes it in some games.

Blue is just standard player one. White is usually when the character in game is using a torch or something. Orange is probably fire. Depends what game you're playing. How much health you have is another thing that changes it in some games.
Sorry, I meant outside of games.

So like, I know when my PS4 is on stand by mode it will be orange.

More specifically, I want to know what the colours mean in regards to battery life. Like does orange mean its charging and blue means its fully charged? Just an example.

Sorry, I meant outside of games.

So like, I know when my PS4 is on stand by mode it will be orange.

More specifically, I want to know what the colours mean in regards to battery life. Like does orange mean its charging and blue means its fully charged? Just an example.
Yeah, orange is charging. If the controller is connected and has no light, it's fully charged. Dunno what blue is if it's connected. I'm guessing if you're using it at the time and it swaps from orange to blue it's fully charged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue is Player one, Red Player 2 by standard. some games like The Last of Us, BF4, Killzone and Wolfenstein have it change depend on the players health. Infamous changes by how good/Evil the player is. Knack changed depending on what version of Knack is being played like crystal Knack/Stealth Knack and so on. also health bar. Tomb Raider was also Health and if you were using Listen mode it goes White. i think AC4 might have been the same. but some games have the light set to green by default.

Playing Fifa 15 and notice mine is always red. Is it because I chose Liverpool as my club of choice?

is anyone elses a different colour?

Playing Fifa 15 and notice mine is always red. Is it because I chose Liverpool as my club of choice?

is anyone elses a different colour?
Mine was always red on FIFA 14 no matter what team I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back