PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sony and the devs have picked up the fact that a lot of PS4 owners are either new to console or new to PS having come across from X360 so didn't play a lot of these games that are remastered.

I personally don't mind them, even though I've played pretty much all of them that have come out.

I guess the main issue is whether it takes time and quality away from new titles in the series or from the studios.

Well this was always going to be a formality Titanfall 2 confirmed to launch on Xbox One, PS4 & PC

This is good news it'd be a shame for millions of people to miss out on what always looked to be a multiplat type of game, I'd be keen to try it but I hope they add in a campaign mode (SP or coop) just to add some extra content to get through.
Good game, but it got stale pretty easily. Add in some more guns, maps, Titans, features, etc (but don't go overboard like COD) and it will be the best shooter available. The movement in the game is excellent.

And as you said, hope they add single player/co-op campaign for the next multiplat release to add some re-playability to it. An online-only game would be a bit ueseless on the PSN.

It seems a little strange that they'd do just 3, considering there's a God of War Saga on PS3 that has all 3 God of Wars + the 2 PSP games. All they'd need to do is chuck Ascension on there and you have a collection well worth picking up. The trailer seems to intimate more than just 3 too, so maybe there's more to come from this?

I've never played the 2 PSP games, but definitely want to. If they ended up on PS4 I'd probably give them a go. Just 3 doesn't offer anything to me as I gave it a go just before Ascension came out to get back up to speed. It's incredible though for a first time entry to the series, although I'd recommend going back to 1 and then 2, then to 3 just because the story is fantastic.

Lastly, I don't see this being some sort of drain on resources. At most it'd take about 3-4 people within a studio to port it to the PS4, it's not like this is stopping the next God of War or whatever SSM are working on.

I was thinking this the other day, but in hindsight I am absolutely staggered that they didn't make Ascension a PS4 launch game instead of it being a too late, not great PS3 title.

It pretty much stands as the Infamous Second Son of the GOW universe, but I feel like everyone would have been fine with it given the way people tend to judge launch titles in the moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Man's Sky looks pretty bloody good. First exclusive that has struck a chord with me on the PS4. I reckon two more would justify a purchase ;) I'm looking at you, Quantic Dream....

Wish they would bloody remaster Vice City.
It's the one thing I'm still surprised that Rockstar haven't done. Put GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas all on one disc with some updated textures, resolution and framerate and sell it for $50-$60 they would make an absolute killing!

Could even chuck the 'stories' PSP titles in just to make it even more complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back