PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there's a remaster that would help me it's a Mass Effect HD collection.

It's probably my biggest gap now from the last generation. Aside from maybe Fallout/Skyrim, but that was mainly because Bethesda couldn't get the games to work on PS3.
Mass Effect is my favourite series of games. ME2 especially!

Hopefully we'll see ME4 in the next 12 months or so - sure going to be different though without Commander Shephard.

If there's a remaster that would help me it's a Mass Effect HD collection.

It's probably my biggest gap now from the last generation. Aside from maybe Fallout/Skyrim, but that was mainly because Bethesda couldn't get the games to work on PS3.

Sledge pls.

While we are talking reboots it seems there are rumours that Batman Arkham Asylum and City are getting a upgrade to current consoles.
Arkham City is the reboot I've been waiting for.

RDR reboot would be great, and I would buy it even after beating the game on PS3.

So, I need some help/convincing...

It's my birthday tomorrow and I have decided to treat myself to either a PS4, WiiU or new GPU.

PS4 Pros: Bloodborne

WiiU Pros: Quite of a lot of first party titles I enjoy

GPU Pros: ...I can run some newer games with the settings pumped up.

As you can probably tell from the above, I'm kind of leaning towards the WiiU but I am a huge Souls fan and Bloodborne seems to be hitting the right notes. Can you fellas help convince me getting a PS4 is worthwhile? Just having a brief browse at the games and there just doesn't seem to be much out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they all have their pros and cons.

A good thing about the wii is that there are a lot of cool multiplayer games likr smash kart and party.

Whereas there's s**t all on the ps4 if you don't include cod or sport games.

Yeah my head is definitely saying WiiU, the heart doesn't want to miss (what is reported to be) a very good Souls game. Cheers for the help.

I've never asked, but do you have a PS3? If not The Last of Us being on PS4 is an another selling point.

But I don't think anyone should buy a console purely for 1 game.

Yeah my head is definitely saying WiiU, the heart doesn't want to miss (what is reported to be) a very good Souls game. Cheers for the help.

Go PS4, Wii U isn't that expensive and a good priced bundle will always be around.

I've never asked, but do you have a PS3? If not The Last of Us being on PS4 is an another selling point.

But I don't think anyone should buy a console purely for 1 game.

Yeah I have all of the last gen systems and TLOU. Quick look over the upcoming releases and all I see that really interests me is Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank. Wish there were some Crash Bandicoot or Spyro reboots on the horizon, would make a tonne of more sense than rebooting year old games that weren't that great to begin with.

What GPU and what is your current one? Unless you're interested in dropping the coin on something like a 980 or even a 970 then probably way more bang for buck to grab a ps4 if you really want bloodborne and you can already comfortably play everything else on PC. I finally grabbed a wii u recently and I hardly play it. Also recently upgraded my gtx680 to a 980 and I'm still yet to give it a good road test :/ ps4 ftw

What GPU and what is your current one? Unless you're interested in dropping the coin on something like a 980 or even a 970 then probably way more bang for buck to grab a ps4 if you really want bloodborne and you can already comfortably play everything else on PC. I finally grabbed a wii u recently and I hardly play it. Also recently upgraded my gtx680 to a 980 and I'm still yet to give it a good road test :/ ps4 ftw

Yeah it'd be a higher end card, and not so much for immediate gratification but for the fact that my card is ageing. Currently running a HD6970

Yeah it'd be a higher end card, and not so much for immediate gratification but for the fact that my card is ageing. Currently running a HD6970

Of course it is entirely up to what you want to do and it is easy for me to say, but I'd hold on to the 6970 a little longer. Sure it is getting on a bit but the 2GB vram will keep you out of trouble for the immediate future and by the end of the year the flagships of this gen should be out. A ps4 is a one off investment, but a GPU for nearly double the cost will be usurped by a new version and then an entirely new chip in 12-18months.

/2cents. Of course every one is different though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back