Pledge to Create 1 million jobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Your focus is entirely on the employer with no thought being given to employee, an employment contract goes both ways. The situation that you would have gives no rights to an employee at all. Are you an employer yourself?

I don't think anyone has a right to someone else's money.

If they don't want you to work for them any more then why should you be able to force them to employ you?

If you have a contract that says otherwise then we already have hundreds of years of contract law that will make them honour that contract. Unfair dismissal laws are extra laws that apply over and above a contract.

Do you understand contract law at all?

I understand that unfair dismissal laws and contract law are two completely different things.

For one thing, contracts are voluntary. No employer would agree to the current unfair dismissal laws if they had a choice.

Given the costs of real estate and the reliance on borrowing money to purchase stuff cutting the minimum wage when you think about it could turn out to be an economic disaster

You don't have to borrow money to purchase stuff though.

Yeah I did actually. Back when they were under $150k. Lucky me.

You don't actually have to own a house to live though, most people rent.
In Australia?

You paid 150K, cash? For a house? In Australia?

If it was in Australia, I'd love you to give a rough estimate to where and when, and where you either stored you 150k, or you withdrew it. Because I don't believe you are older than 35.

Yes the 80's under the direction of paul keating with 17% interest rates, thanks paul and he has the cheek to say he managed the economy well, he couldn't even manage his poor suffering wife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Australia?

You paid 150K, cash? For a house? In Australia?

If it was in Australia, I'd love you to give a rough estimate to where and when, and where you either stored you 150k, or you withdrew it. Because I don't believe you are older than 35.

Mid 1990s, Perth. I am older than 35. And I have never in my life taken out any kind of loan.

I have a credit card for the sake of convenience but always keep it in positive balance. If that meant living in a share house to save money, driving round in a $1200 car and watching TV on 30 year old 26" TV when everyone else was buying plasmas, that's what I did.

It's really not that hard to live without credit. It's called being financially responsible. And if you are on a low income it is even more important to avoid unnecessary expenses like interest. Lots of people do just that.

Last edited:
Yes the 80's under the direction of paul keating with 17% interest rates, thanks paul and he has the cheek to say he managed the economy well, he couldn't even manage his poor suffering wife.
Please go on!

I'd love to hear more of your insight!

Hahaha.

Please go on!

I'd love to hear more of your insight!

Hahaha.
I was very young at the time but i do know alot of families were under great hardship due to having to pay off mortgages running at a 17% interest rate, and i do know from general discussion that a lot of small business people went bankrupt. It was a very sad time for many people and keating needs to own up and accept he caused alot of people much pain and distress.

You ought to do a bit of investigation into Howard's expertise as treasurer.

What was the ratio of cost of housing to income then?
i wouldn't have a clue but they were very hard times for my parents and their cohorts, losing their homes and small business due to paul keatings mismanagement of the economy, 17% interest rates is just disgraceful and you can't say otherwise. Keating will be forever known as that queer fellow ( as in strange, who caused severe economic distress to a generation of home buyers.

Last edited:
i wouldn't have a clue but they were very hard times for my parents and their cohorts, losing their homes and small business due to paul keatings mismanagement of the economy, 17% interest rates is just disgraceful and you can't say otherwise. Keating will be forever known as that queer fellow who caused severe economic distress to a generation of home buyers.

You're doing it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back