Plibersek - Opposition arse clown

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a subject many would be comfortable with I'm guessing but as you say an eye opener;such courageous,intelligent and inspirational kids.

Not a subject many would be comfortable with I'm guessing but as you say an eye opener;such courageous,intelligent and inspirational kids.
That little girl was amazing, at an age when all you want to do is fit in, to have the courage to do what she did was just incredible.

Sure ain't no black'nwhite universe;increasing numbers across the world identifying as transgender.
The older guy was every bit as impressive and had walked a much rougher road.
Depth of personal insight and guts in spades was what impressed me with all three and the two youngsters parents'.
Even had to fight the pharkin Judiciary.

Last edited:
Plibersek is generally at her nasty sneering best in the safe and sheltered workshop of Q@A. Playing to a handpicked crowd of komerads who clap on cue at her every utterance, given full scope from Jones to waffle on and on and on without any fear of being pulled up on any of the crap she spouts.. allowed to constantly interrupt when others are talking. When the panelists were asked about the 7.30 Report "skit" everyone was critical bar Blubbersook who - true to form - took the low road... "Well I didn’t see it, but I normally love political satire so I will not make a comment..’ and the disciples all clapped and cheered!! Deserves credit for her poker face when telling lies though, such as when she said Labor left the Coalition with an economy that is in good shape. LOL
So you object to Labor supporters in her seat (where the show is recorded) cheering on Plibersek? Would you like all non-Coalition supporters gagged?

And how do you see someone choosing not to get involved in a non-story as 'the low road"? You're making no sense.

You have demonstrated that you now have a low opinion of me, which is fair enough due to my recent posting.
No I haven't :)
As I suggested Malcolm did his best to defend the indefensible. That said, I'd have more time for him if he stood by his principles on the climate question. Hypocrisy is never a good look.
He can't, unless he wants to either be kicked out of the parry or at the very least booted from the front bench. Either way, it would spell the end of his leadership ambitions.

He can't, unless he wants to either be kicked out of the parry or at the very least booted from the front bench. Either way, it would spell the end of his leadership ambitions.
Yes he could. He no longer holds that portfolio. He could make that point and refer any questions to Hunt. Skilled pollies do it all the time.

His attempted defence of Abbott's blatant lie about not cutting the ABC and SBS funding was another cringeworthy effort.

Not his most considered performance. And I could cope with him as leader of the reactionaries.

Yes he could. He no longer holds that portfolio. He could make that point and refer any questions to Hunt. Skilled pollies do it all the time.
Ministers expressing personal opinions which are in direct opposition to party policy don't last long.

Ministers expressing personal opinions which are in direct opposition to party policy don't last long.
Um! Did you understand my post?

What I was saying is that when questioned outside his policy area Turnbull would have been quite within his rights to say the Minister for the Environment is Greg Hunt and all matters which fall within that portfolio should be directed to him. Astute ministers do it all the time.

Um! Did you understand my post?

What I was saying is that when questioned outside his policy area Turnbull would have been quite within his rights to say the Minister for the Environment is Greg Hunt and all matters which fall within that portfolio should be directed to him. Astute ministers do it all the time.
And then everyone would bag him for going on a discussion show and avoiding questions directly asked of him.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

And then everyone would bag him for going on a discussion show and avoiding questions directly asked of him.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
It's been the fall back position of pollies from time immemorial. And often used by pollies from both sides on Q & A -amongst other programs - when they're in a tight corner. And quite reasonably so. Way preferable to putting your foot in it by contradicting another Minister which has happened quite a bit during the Mad Monks time.

It's just that Malcolm is a motor mouth and can't discipline himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been the fall back position of pollies from time immemorial. And often used by pollies from both sides on Q & A -amongst other programs - when they're in a tight corner. And quite reasonably so. Way preferable to putting your foot in it by contradicting another Minister which has happened quite a bit during the Mad Monks time.

It's just that Malcolm is a motor mouth and can't discipline himself.
Except he never contradicted another minister. The other panel members did that for him. He just didn't disagree with them.

Except he never contradicted another minister. The other panel members did that for him. He just didn't disagree with them.
They tried to corner him about his position when he was Environment Spokeman.I repeat, all he needed to do was say that is not his portfolio responsibility any longer. Address your questions to the current Environment Minister. Accomplished pollies use that tactic all the time. Far better than being seen to be at odds with your parties current policy.

Anyway, this has become circular and the thread is about Tanya and how well she performed on the night and how embarrassed those who have been critising her must be feeling right now.

Anyway, this has become circular and the thread is about Tanya and how well she performed on the night and how embarrassed those who have been critising her must be feeling right now.

She said very little which was a blessing. Has there ever been a duller leadership pair than Shorten and Plibersek?

So you object to Labor supporters in her seat (where the show is recorded) cheering on Plibersek? Would you like all non-Coalition supporters gagged?

Was explaining to the true believers how a moron like Plibersek can be portrayed in the best possible light. Through stacked audiences who cheer even while she'd talking complete rubbish, gems such as; "Labor left the economy in great shape for the coalition.."

Last edited:
She said very little which was a blessing. Has there ever been a duller leadership pair than Shorten and Plibersek?
Come in spinner.

McMahon/Sneddon. Hewson/Wooldridge. Fraser/Lynch. Peacock/Chaney. Sneddon/Lynch. Nelson/Bishop. I could go on.

Quality rather than quantity is the key in debates. And when your direct opponent is making a right tit of himself best to hold your peace and let him go

I like Tania. She has sound and decent ideas, speaks in a calm and rational manner, is personable and interesting. Go Tania.

Tanya. She has been dubbed the princess of political correctness. Tanya "interesting" Plibersek, it could catch on.

Tanya. She has been dubbed the princess of political correctness. Tanya "interesting" Plibersek, it could catch on.
Who has dubbed her the princess of political correctness? And who cares about such a silly application in any case?
Nothing much wrong with being interesting, especially given the poor calibre of pollies abounding.

They tried to corner him about his position when he was Environment Spokeman.I repeat, all he needed to do was say that is not his portfolio responsibility any longer. Address your questions to the current Environment Minister. Accomplished pollies use that tactic all the time. Far better than being seen to be at odds with your parties current policy.

Actually I felt Tanya was terrible. Came across as bitchy and trying to point score. I found her quite embarrassing actually.

Actually I felt Tanya was terrible. Came across as bitchy and trying to point score. I found her quite embarrassing actually.
You are of course entitled to your opinion. Mine is that you couldn't be further from the reality.

Are you sure you didn't confuse her for Ben Elton? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back