Podcast Podcast Production - Musical Tunes

Remove this Banner Ad

I just finished recording my own version of the Collingwood theme! I got fairly into that just then.:p I played all the instruments myself - multi-tracking is sweet! I felt like chucking a guitar solo in there. Not my best solo, but it fits okay. I just winged it and made it up on the spot.

I toned down the weirdness metre significantly for this one, because my regular music is fairly experimental. I threw an echoed version of the melody in the middle there though for a bit of variation. This is by far the most "normal" song that I've recorded.

Download it here:
http://depositfiles.com/files/cybdfu376

Now that you have a theme, you're going to have to go through with making the podcast!:D Also, it gives me bragging points over other supporters. "Oh yeah, you're a big fan of Collingwood are you? Well have you recorded your own version of the theme song? Because I have.":p

Well, that was fun. Let me know what you think. And feel free to edit it into smaller chunks if you want to use bits of it as transitions between segments etc.

Fantastic job there DThomas

Well, I've made the theme, so maybe I could do short interludes in different styles now? E.g. play the first melody line just on an acoustic, a faster tempo one, a slower tempo one, short drum fills etc. They'd only have to be a few seconds long, just to transition between segments.

Happy to help out in any way with this, because there probably aren't many other people on here that not only play an instrument, but play multiple instruments and also have the ability record etc.

Well, I've made the theme, so maybe I could do short interludes in different styles now? E.g. play the first melody line just on an acoustic, a faster tempo one, a slower tempo one, short drum fills etc. They'd only have to be a few seconds long, just to transition between segments.

Happy to help out in any way with this, because there probably aren't many other people on here that not only play an instrument, but play multiple instruments and also have the ability record etc.

I think a few interludes to break up segments and slabs of talking would be really beneficial. Look forward to hearing them! You did a great job with the theme song, though I kinda want to hear your psychedelic version:)

I think a few interludes to break up segments and slabs of talking would be really beneficial. Look forward to hearing them! You did a great job with the theme song, though I kinda want to hear your psychedelic version:)
I might go ahead and make a psychedelic one just for fun.

I'll be trying not to make the transitions too weird, because it will detract from the content of the podcast. They just need to be straightforward snippets.

I'm trying to think of what I should do for the transitions. Maybe a 4-second jazz version?:p

I'm trying to think of what I should do for the transitions. Maybe a 4-second jazz version?:p

Are you able to record a brief intro into the segment for TradeDraft ?

Need something epic :D

An idea for music for the intake ...

Start with an instrumental of the song (as we have now) and slowly mix in and build up to a crescendo of a recording of the lads singing the song after a win.

Don't know how it would sound, just an idea