Toast Pods

Remove this Banner Ad

On what planet is Lynch our second best forward. Easily Walker, Betts, Jenkins...

Lynch has played 31 games across 3 seasons with us and kicked 47 goals - these are pretty heavily padded stats since over 1/5th of his goals came in one game against one of the worst AFL sides to take the park.
Forgot about Betts, lynch is third then, he does much more than kick goals.

Jenkins is still unproven for mine, gets most of his goals from a handball over the top or off the ground, and doesn't play like a tall, instead plays like a small. Who really cares, they are all good, looking forward to them together next year:thumbsu:.

Gotta rate this fella don't we?

Play the kids, says Pods
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-07-30/play-the-kids-says-pods

“I’d rather see guys like, maybe, Keenan Ramsey, Luke Lowden and Mitch McGovern probably get a go before I do, but we’ll wait and see. It all depends on match committee.”

--

“I’m really keen to stick around. I really believe that the Club, the way they’ve developed over the 18 months … it’s not miles apart but I just think we’ve developed really nicely. It’s really exciting,” he said.

“I think the events of the last month have been quite tough, but from a group perspective I haven’t seen a group be closer. I think it’s really important from a culture perspective that we continue some of the stuff that we’ve developed over the last month.

“It’s something I want to be a part of.”

Podsiadly, who has a degree in Exercise Science and is also studying Business Management, said a possible role at West Lakes in 2016 and beyond was yet to be defined.

--

Gotta rate this fella don't we?

Play the kids, says Pods
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-07-30/play-the-kids-says-pods

“I’d rather see guys like, maybe, Keenan Ramsey, Luke Lowden and Mitch McGovern probably get a go before I do, but we’ll wait and see. It all depends on match committee.”

--

“I’m really keen to stick around. I really believe that the Club, the way they’ve developed over the 18 months … it’s not miles apart but I just think we’ve developed really nicely. It’s really exciting,” he said.

“I think the events of the last month have been quite tough, but from a group perspective I haven’t seen a group be closer. I think it’s really important from a culture perspective that we continue some of the stuff that we’ve developed over the last month.

“It’s something I want to be a part of.”

Podsiadly, who has a degree in Exercise Science and is also studying Business Management, said a possible role at West Lakes in 2016 and beyond was yet to be defined.

--

Definitely. Exactly how you want your senior players to carry themselves. I hope he's involved with us after this year in some capacity.

I'd almost rather Pods stayed on for a couple of years in Callinan's role as SANFL player/coach, so that our first year forwards won't have to play on the oppositions best backman.

I'd almost rather Pods stayed on for a couple of years in Callinan's role as SANFL player/coach, so that our first year forwards won't have to play on the oppositions best backman.
Callinan is considering going back to tassie to play, so this might happen

Wouldn't mind that at all if Callinan doesn't want to do it anymore. He'd be fantastic to have working as a forward line development coach in the reserves.

Hopefully the selectors listen

Reverse psychology?? Only kidding. Interesting though that there is a "role at West Lakes in 2016 and beyond was yet to be defined." Sounds like we are contractually obliged, which aligns with what Lingy had said last year that the deal had already been done.

I don't mind Pods, he filled a need for a few weeks, but to have committed ourselves to him for 4 years based on what would appear a dalliance of our now sacked coach doesn't sound like best practice to me. Hopefully he would have been the best available candidate in whatever role he does perform at the conclusion of his playing career.

Also kinda surprised that Pods expressed interest in staying post-2015. Kinda thought the club binning Sando might have pissed him off, and he'd be keen to go back to Vic. I was really impressed by his attitude in that interview actually. Kudos to him.

i think should we be out of contention for finals come round 23, play him against geelong. let him say goodbye to afl in front of his old home crowd

of course, if we are still in contention, don't do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great for the younger players to learn around him in the SANFL. Interesting if any of our rival SANFL clubs (bar Ports) try lure him over next season.

i think should we be out of contention for finals come round 23, play him against geelong. let him say goodbye to afl in front of his old home crowd

of course, if we are still in contention, don't do that

I've been a critic, but I'm not sure. If we're clinging on to a chance to slide into 8th, then I reckon eff it, give the guy a send off. Play him as sub, hope for no injury and let him have a quarter of footy at his old home ground to finish up. Would be a fitting end to what turned out to be a pretty rare career. If we're playing for a home final or a spot in the 4, then I agree, it's tough bikkies.

Reverse psychology?? Only kidding. Interesting though that there is a "role at West Lakes in 2016 and beyond was yet to be defined." Sounds like we are contractually obliged, which aligns with what Lingy had said last year that the deal had already been done.

I don't mind Pods, he filled a need for a few weeks, but to have committed ourselves to him for 4 years based on what would appear a dalliance of our now sacked coach doesn't sound like best practice to me. Hopefully he would have been the best available candidate in whatever role he does perform at the conclusion of his playing career.
There is no evidence of that.

Pods

Anyone got simple feedback on these three guys? Do any of them remind you potentially of current players in the way they play the game?

Luke the biggest of that lot?

Got to be kept next year. 20 goals in 2 games (SANFL). If there is an injury to tex or Jenkins then Pods is who we want to come in. Especially if Lynch does leave. Keeping pods is better than whoever we would get at pick 96

Got to be kept next year. 20 goals in 2 games (SANFL). If there is an injury to tex or Jenkins then Pods is who we want to come in. Especially if Lynch does leave. Keeping pods is better than whoever we would get at pick 96

I'd definitely keep Pods as our SANFL captain, unless VB retires.

As long as he isn't slowing someone else development of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back