Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Aug 31, 2012
Pining for the fjords
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
******* stupid game
Some of the most interesting astronomical objects are those catalogued by Charles Messier.

However at the time Messier was an enthusiastic comet hunter and he compiled his list to consist of objects that weren't comets, and we're consequently not noteworthy.

That's right folks, M31 was deemed uninteresting.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
King Moody, who played Shtarker in Get Smart, later played Ronald McDonald in TV commercials.

shtarker.png
McDonald.jpg

Nov 10, 2008
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham
Churchill had plans drawn up for "Operation Unthinkable", an attack by the Western Allies on the Soviet Union, to take place immediately following Germany's surrender.

It was abandoned after his chiefs reported they couldn't support the plan and its "fanciful" chances of success. Despite the loss of over 12 million men, Soviet ground forces in Europe still outnumbered Western Allies 3 to 1.
Classic Britain.

Being a Scrabble player doubtlessly you'll know that qi is the only word that doesn't require a u after the q.
As well as the aforementioned qat there are numerable others, the three most common that I play are SUQ, QAID and QADI. Also words like burqa. And whilst qwijibo might not be in there, QWERTY is.

As well as the aforementioned qat there are numerable others, the three most common that I play are SUQ, QAID and QADI. Also words like burqa. And whilst qwijibo might not be in there, QWERTY is.
I stand corrected, I was thinking of two letter words I guess, when you have that annoying q and no u.

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel

qis and qin would be the 2 most popular, after qi qat

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Three toed sloths only defecate once a week. In order to do this, they need to climb down to ground and usually go in the same place. Nearly 50% of all deaths occur during this weekly ritual.

Yeah it would be a s**t time to die.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
The act of moving the cue back and forth across your hand a few times before you strike the ball in a game of snooker (or pool or billiards) is called feathering.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Quickly becoming one of my favourite threads this...

Driving was done on the left-hand side of the road in Sweden until 1965. The conversion was done on a weekday at 5pm when all traffic stopped to switch sides. This time was chosen to prevent accidents where drivers would've gotten up in the morning and been too sleepy to realise the day of the changeover.

Mexico once had three presidents in one day. Francisco Madero was overthrown in a coup as well as the Vice-President and Attorney General leaving Foreign Minister Pedro Lascurain in charge. He was then asked to resign 45 minutes later giving General Victoriano Huerta presidency.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Driving was done on the left-hand side of the road in Sweden until 1965. The conversion was done on a weekday at 5pm when all traffic stopped to switch sides. This time was chosen to prevent accidents where drivers would've gotten up in the morning and been too sleepy to realise the day of the changeover.
I believe this is an image of the moment

Sweden1967_02_1500.jpg

Back