Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't he a Texan?
Nein. Or at least, he was executed in Utah.

Even in 1977, I reckon Utah was the only American state that used the firing squad. Most were electrocution or gas chamber. Delaware and Washington were hanging.

I have not.

Considering my interest in the subject, I probably should. Is there a reference I'm missing?

I have read The Chamber.
It's Norman Mailer so it can be a bit testosterone heavy at times, but he interviewed Gilmore's family, and his victims family so it's fairly exhaustive. If your interested it's certainly worth a look.

"Milwaukee" is an Indian name pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land".
notworthy.gif

There are 1792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this thread.

In the US you are expected to put your right hand over your heart when the national anthem is played (and if you don't, the Outrage Police will come a-calling, particularly politicians). This was only adopted in the 1940s. Prior to that, the accepted standard to salute the flag etc, was a gesture known as the Bellamy Salute. Here's a picture....

Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

I wonder why they changed it?

No, it isn't. http://www.airservicesaustralia.com...-statistics/movements-at-australian-airports/

It's Sydney number 1. Bankstown, Moorabbin and Jandakot all used to be busier than any intl airport IIRC but the government is annihilating general aviation in this country.
I know it's quiiiite a few pages back, but you're actually incorrect. That report from Airservices only includes aircraft operating during tower hours & IFR aircraft when the tower's closed.
Sydney has a curfew & isn't operational when the tower is closed so that number is correct.
Bankstown's tower is open quite long hours, so it's numbers will be slightly higher than reported.
Jandakot's tower is open restricted hours, and has a lot of VFR aircraft, particularly on weekends & nights. So it's numbers are a lot higher than that report.
Jandakot is still the busiest airport in Australia, there's just no accurate records kept.

I know it's quiiiite a few pages back, but you're actually incorrect. That report from Airservices only includes aircraft operating during tower hours & IFR aircraft when the tower's closed.
Sydney has a curfew & isn't operational when the tower is closed so that number is correct.
Bankstown's tower is open quite long hours, so it's numbers will be slightly higher than reported.
Jandakot's tower is open restricted hours, and has a lot of VFR aircraft, particularly on weekends & nights. So it's numbers are a lot higher than that report.
Jandakot is still the busiest airport in Australia, there's just no accurate records kept.
Fair enough, but Jandakots hours aren't that restricted. Especially not compared to the other former GAAP (but still effectively GAAP, what a joke) class D fields.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back