Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately I get it much better now than I did back when I could have used it to make something of my life.
I remember walking out of my final maths exam thinking I'm never going to use differential calculus again, and so far, so good.

By adding odd numbers progressively, the result is always square numbers.

To demonstrate:

1 (1st odd & 1st square no.) + 3 = 4 (2 squared) + 5 = 9 (3 squared) + 7 = 16 (4 squared) + 9 = 25 (5 squared) + 11 = 36 (6 squared) + 13 = 49 (7 squared) + 15 = 64 (8 squared) + 17 = 81 (9 squared) + 19 = 100 (10 squared) + 21 = 121 (11 squared) + 23 = 144 (12 squared) and so on ad infinitum.

I did quadratic equations in maths at school, but did not realize this until quite recently.

It is a rare occasion in mathematics where this can probably be proven/demonstrated more easily by visual means:

Teache4b.jpg

Shaq has had a teammate on every NBA championship team from 1984 until the present.

The start of this run pre-dates his career by 7 years, beginning with noted moustache haver Greg Kite (who won a championship with Boston early in his career before briefly crossing paths with Shaq in Orlando at the end of his career) and could quite possibly continue this year through either Lebron with Cleveland or Leandro Barbosa of Golden State.

The rabbit appears on many official lists of Endangered Animals. This is because, in its original range of Spain and Portugal, numbers are in serious decline.

Fortunately, humans have managed to move a last, few specimens to other places where numbers are just hanging on.:p

I reckon we could should resettle some - about 500-odd million.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The makers of Barbie, Mattel, used to sell a doll whose breasts grew when her arm rotated. It was 1975 and the doll was called Growing Up Skipper. When you rotated her arm, she grew an inch taller and her small breasts grew out of her plastic chest. She could return to her pre-pubescent self simply by rotating the arm back the way it was.

The average person will s**t themselves eight times a year.

The average person will s**t themselves eight times a year.
Guess I'm above average then. Now for a bonus point, does that mean i s**t myself more or less than 8 times in an average year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back