PokerStars Micro Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

Min cashed, was severly shortstacked before the bubble, had to get it in with K3o and supposedly K3o > KK > KAo hitting a runner runner straight. Was relatively card dead apart from that.

Been a shocking day, wasnt going to grind at all, wish I hadnt

Bricked everthing, lots of coolers and bubbled 109turbo on stars in a gross spot

Single tabling the $3 plo now on a short stack

Played two of the $2.20 NLHE tournies on the weekend. Crashed and burned within the first couple of hours in both. Was playing far from my best poker I have to admit and apparently didn't have any of Hellmuth's 'white magic' on hand. :p Will saddle up again this weekend if I have the time.

People talk about crazy Asians at the poker table, but it was the nutjob Germans and Russians who had me tilting on the weekend. :mad:

Side note: Not once, not twice but three times (or thrice as my Indian colleagues are apt to say) I saw it folded around to the SB, who also folded, despite the BB sitting out! And it wasn't even like the SB had pre-folded the hand. Truly baffling.

Yep, Big game Format (the they show on Foxtel), haven't played it myself but we'll see how it goes, will play event 46 and 47 tonight as well, got tomorrow off so plan to play quite a few events.

Wait, since when has Big Game been on Foxtel

If you are talking about the Austrian Big Game 48hr cash game, that isnt a Star sponsored Big Game, which is a web series show that might have been on in America. British version is a 48hr cashgame, American version is a bunch of stars pros, Hellmuth, Laak and the "loose cannon"

Think the Foxtel one is the British version of the 48 hour cash game. Saw quite a bit of it last week and Laak actually played it as well and almost set a record for most profit in the game.

Edit: the American one with the loose canon was good TV - the commentary was good as well, with a few pearls I've used at live poker: "he'll huff and puff, but X player can't blow a full house down." etc

Played in three of these, cashed in two. Finished one an hour or so ago, and went out doing something very stupid with an overpair vs a set. Didn't have to get the chips in as I was well above chip average and in the money after having an M of 2 at one stage (it was one of those static blinds rising ante deals). Villain was playing 83/28 agg factor of 1.8. Stupid thing is I've played 25k hands of cash at the micro-level this month and I would snap fold in a similar situation at those tables.

Yeah, Ash, I'm pretty sure it's the British version, it's a 48 hour cash game.

Played that ante up one, busted out before the first break, hitted a set on the flop but the other player had the higher kicker. On to the enxt event which i Think is a normal NL hold'em one.

^ ^ gl, I'm playing a live pub tournament tonight and can't play tomorrow as I'm off to a distant family friend's funeral.

BTW I think on a thread here someone said play had improved in online tournaments - some Russian called my all in for 3/4 of his stack holding 10 3 suited, and there was similar sorts of shenanigans through the whole of that ante up tournament. At the top end tournament play is probably stronger than it has ever been, but in these micro events? Nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got knocked out of one of these running 177 out of 9k players or so, which is nothing to write home about. But was in top 30 chips with about 300 players to go when all of a sudden my extremely drunk mate calls me up on the phone in tears not making any sense, so I have to contact other people to find what happened to make sure he's safe and won't harm himself. So while I'm doing this I'm not opening any pots which leads me to tighten up and overplay my AA and lose my entire stack to the mighty 34 dd. Add to that I have a huge headache after spending an hour and a half standing in a cemetery with a suit on in the hot sun. Hasn't been a good day.

Main Event is this morning and we are about 2 hours in, sitting a little below avg. of 16k at 13k. Busted out of the storm and a couple of other one this morning.

Gl Happy daze, I was knocked out a little bit back, AJ < AQ, shoved with about 7 or 8 big blinds and of course the player to the left wakes up with AQ. Not happy with how I played in that last hour but it's been a frustating morning. in event 99 right now, have managed a nice double up early when someone shoved 33 into my raise with QQ.

Nice, gl with 99. Just busted the main holding KK vs 66, villain flopped FH. Normal stars tourney shenanigans. I opted to limp pre as I was around 14 bigs in EP, had active raisers behind me, and just needed to take the risk that they would outflop me being so so far from the real money in the event. I could have stuffed but figured my stack had too much fold equity compared to the rest of the table, and didn't just want to pick up blinds and antes with a premium. I wasn't happy when my limp got flatted by 3 other players but had no real choice but to go with the hand. Unfortunately when you do limp a lot of the time your hand is face up but yeah that's the risk I took.

Seems like they have the Micro Millions every month or so, not complaining though.

Seems like they are going for 3 a year, basically each one as warm-ups for the major series (WCOOP, SCOOP and TCOOP). Which is probably the perfect amount. Will play a few but I probably should be focusing on other things so we'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back