Pokerstars pulling out of Australian market

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was to happen, do you think a lot of online pros would move to NZ, or somewhere else where it is legal?

They'd either move or they'd be looking for a job dontcha think? Highrollers could maybe play live but is there enough action? I doubt it. Anyone that multi-tablers the low rake cash games and SNGs for a living with a small bankroll would be heading to centrelink.

I have no idea what I'd do if it got banned here.

Sell all my stuff and move to NZ or go to Thailand and do visa runs.

Im trying to download Pokerstars on my ipad and it will not let me... how do I?

Online Poker will be banned in Australia. The Liberals have guaranteed it. It's just a matter of when. We need to start a Party of our own.

Tougher Sentencing
Ban Poker Machines
Online Poker to stay

Who's with me?????????????

I think we can safely kiss goodbye to stable online poker in Australia. The senate is shaping up to be on a knife edge, and Xenophon is going to be very powerful. He would have got his running mate into the senate too, except for the Greens and Labor's nasty preference tactic which will probably elect a Family First senator instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL the Muir guy from the Motoring enthusiasts party

Little is known about Muir.
His party's website says its core values include ''mateship'', small government, lower taxation and ''taking pride in our vehicles''.
''I have owned, maintained and modified a couple of street driven Commodores, nothing magazine worthy but they were safe, reliable and reflected my taste. My intention is to help educate the public that we are not hoons out to destroy the environment,'' Muir wrote on Facebook.
In May 2011, when Osama bin Laden was killed, Muir tweeted: ''Media is reporting that the person who ordfered [sic] the 911 terror attacks is dead … what a load of s**t, george bush is still alive!''

Please, tell me he did NOT use 'mateship' as a core value. FML.

I couldn't believe some of the so-called political parties that were listed on the Senate bar-runner. I even recall thinking "What axe do motoring enthusiasts have to grind that requires them to form a political party?". What's even more bewildering, and saddening, is that some of these joke party members (like this flog Muir) will end up with Senate seats. And people were thinking Abbott as PM was the worst fate that could befall the country last weekend.

Okay, that's my political rant over and done with for the next couple of years.

Couple of back-to-back Joe Hachem tweets from today:

Btw, congratulations to @TonyAbbottMHR on becoming our new prime minister. I truly believe that you have the nations best interest at heart...

I plead with you to consult some of us in the know before taking a definitive position in online poker in this country @TonyAbbottMHR

Mind you, Al Lackovic's running mate in the Sports Party looks likely to snag a senate seat, and presumably will support online poker.

Its been a while since I have looked at politics seriously, but LOL how automatic preferences are going to get Dropulich into the Senate.

For those non WA guys, out of the 27 or so parties, Dropulich was 7th last on first preferences with a tiny fraction of the vote (about 0.22% of the vote) but preferences is going to get him above people like David Wirrapanda of the Nationals who had about 20x as much of the primary vote.

Anything happened here? Trying to get poker stars for my iPad but can't find it in the store anywhere

Thought the apps had been unavailable for months? The thread on 2plus2 "end of online poker in australia?" or whatever it is might have an answer. Its in the news subforum.

Just tried that and got the message that's its not available in Australia which is annoying

Might as well go and lose 2k at the pokies around the corner from my suburban house instead, much safer option

Yeah playing is fine and downloading on pcs etc, just iTunes Australia aren't selling the app

It's their own choice for whatever reasons they've decided

Remove this Banner Ad

Back