Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

814715-0d7635da-e6dc-11e3-aae6-8a781d1cd673.jpg

The guy in the background is looking a bit shifty.I'm guessing he might be waiting for his court appearance.

The guy in the background is looking a bit shifty.I'm guessing he might be waiting for his court appearance.
You think? maybe he knows that's the pig who bashes old men with a deadly weapon lying on the ground, while being recorded by a channel seven news crew and gets away with it, so he is keeping well out of his way?

You think? maybe he knows that's the pig who bashes old men with a deadly weapon lying on the ground, while being recorded by a channel seven news crew and gets away with it, so he is keeping well out of his way?
Yeah.... Nah, probably not.

It's laughable the amount of support the Police actually have and the amount of illegal activity they can get away with.

They can get away with whatever they want in reality. It's common for Police to actively choose who deals and who doesn't in some areas. Quite a well known fact, actually.

I've been beaten, racially abused, held without evidence for hours upon hours, taken near the bush and beaten and left to get back to Melbourne on my own, threatened with violence, thrown fake charges at etc and the list goes on. Not to mention regular searches which are conducted 'randomly'.

It is the most important part of society yet it encourages the one's who have a chip on their shoulder for some reason.

* In saying that I have actually met some great blokes in the force. Pity the minority have to follow the majority on most cases.

It's laughable the amount of support the Police actually have and the amount of illegal activity they can get away with.

They can get away with whatever they want in reality. It's common for Police to actively choose who deals and who doesn't in some areas. Quite a well known fact, actually.

I've been beaten, racially abused, held without evidence for hours upon hours, taken near the bush and beaten and left to get back to Melbourne on my own, threatened with violence, thrown fake charges at etc and the list goes on. Not to mention regular searches which are conducted 'randomly'.

It is the most important part of society yet it encourages the one's who have a chip on their shoulder for some reason.

* In saying that I have actually met some great blokes in the force. Pity the minority have to follow the majority on most cases.
It's always North Melbourne fans who make these posts

It's always North Melbourne fans who make these posts
I want to go to space...

...What? My above sentence is more relevant than what you posted. Does it really matter that I am a North Melbourne supporter or a Melbourne Vixens member? My last post is correct and your attitude is exactly why Police continue to get away with bullying tactics.

Does it really matter that I am a North Melbourne supporter or a Melbourne Vixens member? My last post is correct and your attitude is exactly why Police continue to get away with bullying tactics.
Doesn't matter at all, just an observation about this thread.

And I really doubt that my attitude has the slightest effect at all on police on the other side of the country.

Doesn't matter at all, just an observation about this thread.
Fair enough, it doesn't add much though.

And I really doubt that my attitude has the slightest effect at all on police on the other side of the country.
Individually, no.

But as a collective it makes a huge difference. I'm all for pushing the Police to adopt better standards of practice no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dumber the people are, the more easily they will be scared.

The easier it is to scare them, the more they will accept police power.

The more they accept police power, the more powerful the police will become.

The more powerful the police become, the closer we get to overt authoritarianism.

Dana-Hills-lockdown-11-300x244.png

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10215378
Pretty much this.

Sometimes you've gotta cop it on the chin to avoid a belting.

You must live an incredibly sheltered and/or conservative life...

or you're a pig sympathiser

Whatevs...you've obviously lived a sheltered life in front of the tv if you don't realise that for every isolated instance of police brutality there are about 5000 incidents of brutality against police and ambos just trying to do their job.

I've seen it first hand working doing injury rehab with them and seeing the s**t they go through.

And most instances of police brutality are because cops are human - they can only take so much s**t from f*ckwits in the community - which there are a lot of. And these f*ckwits deserve everything they get cos the courts don't deliver any justice

Last edited:
don't even have a tv -

i just don't see how you can think that police assualt/tasering someone can be justified by some crimes the guy committed a few years later...

i don't know know much about pyschology, but maybe... just maybe, those tazerings were the kind of thing that could make someone who was a bit unstable 'snap' - ?

In no way shape or form do I like the police. I understand there is a place in society in which they are needed. In saying that, If you are doing nothing wrong.....why are you concerned about the cops.

i don't know know much about pyschology, but maybe... just maybe, those tazerings were the kind of thing that could make someone who was a bit unstable 'snap' - ?
Yeah, that was the line his lawyer tried last time he was in court, about a year ago. Didn't really fly, since he has a record going back decades.

Fair enough, it doesn't add much though.

Individually, no.

But as a collective it makes a huge difference. I'm all for pushing the Police to adopt better standards of practice no matter what.
How about we push society for better standards of behaviour?
Everyone always says a good game of footy is one where you don't notice the umpires. Perhaps if we didn't have so many dickheads in society we wouldn't notice the cops as much.

Last edited:
Back