Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice anything else? No prime minister using it to push crap on his country about immigration welfare and national security.
Yeah, not sure the situations are really comparable.

That one looks pretty similar to the Perth one from late last year. But without hitting the hostage as well.

Another shooting, this time in brazil.

Are you suggesting that this shooting was somehow unreasonable or unnecessary since you've posted it in the police brutality thread?

Are you suggesting that this shooting was somehow unreasonable or unnecessary since you've posted it in the police brutality thread?

Other posters have posted stories of acceptable uses of extreme force by Police, did you ask them the same question?

Not a bad idea to see the whole range of the spectrum.

If anything this thread has made me happier with Aussie cops on the whole.

Other posters have posted stories of acceptable uses of extreme force by Police, did you ask them the same question?
I might have missed it if it happened but I don't recall a post of yours that was supportive of police action so when I see a post from you that says "another shooting, this time in Brazil" before footage of a fatal shooting forgive me for assuming that you might be questioning the justification for that shooting. Especially in the absence of any comment that would indicate you thought it was acceptable

Simple question then - do you think the shooting was justified in this instance?

can anyone tell me what was happening in the footage?

I'm guessing he had the woman hostage but I couldn't tell if he had a weapon or anything
He had a knife of some sort. Initially it was at her throat but just before the shooting when she was hunched over he was sort of waving it above her head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 2010 through 2014, there were four fatal police shootings in England, which has a population of about 52 million. By contrast, Albuquerque, N.M., with a population 1 percent the size of England’s, had 26 fatal police shootings in that same time period.

China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.Let that sink in. Law enforcement in the US killed 92 times more people than a country with nearly 1.4 billion people.
It doesn’t stop there.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vi...-man-holding-screwdriver/#5zE7eJ7VYSjEH2Zg.99

******GRAPHIC***************

The whole article is very interesting concerning the use of force by American police against its own citizens.

Another point out of that video is what the mother done. She turned the cops on him. It stood out a mile, hiding the families problems by labeling him mentally ill. She made sure she got her ten cents in to the police in an act of bullying.

I've seen this situation numerous times. Australian cops don't shoot, but they do detain as a result of the families slander/bullying. He is probably better off dead.

Not that it could excuse the excessive force used by those cops at all, it would be interesting to see what happened in the bit of the video they cut out (i.e. what caused their reaction).

Back