Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

OZED110913.jpg

An explanation of the Libs version of the NBN.

Yep, I always liked the analogy that FTTH was like a six-lane super highway from your driveway to your place of work and FTTN was like a six-lane super highway but at each end the last kilometre was a goat track.

I love David Pope's cartoons. He hits the nail on the head every time.

His other stuff is worth a look.
Actually has some thought put into it unlike the tripe approved by Knight and Warren's respective editors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be in fed parliament within the next six years & might even become leader of the Labor party not long after that.

Not sure whether that would be a good thing or not.:confused:

Some people I have spoken with loathe the guy but others think he is very intelligent. I guess that is the nature of politics and you can't please everyone.

Some people I have spoken with loathe the guy but others think he is very intelligent. I guess that is the nature of politics and you can't please everyone.

He's full of himself so that's a plus for him if ever there was one to become a politician, when i first heard speak some years ago that was my first impression of him since then he seems to have toned down that image but one thing going for him i guess is that he does have the gift of the gab.

The worst thing Bob Hawke did for this country is convince every union bigshot that they too can become a beloved man of the people.

The Coalition have had a farmer or two who made it to PM & by the look of it so could a bloody journalist/a wannabe priest as well.

Have no problem with a Trade Union official making it into the lodge like Bob Hawke if they have the credentials but it's the hangers on who make it into politics especially into the upper house that i have had misgivings about, would love it if Combet took over in the near future but i do believe his image would not fit into the twitter/facebook mentality of today like Kev07 did.

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think being a unionist should rule you out. Combet is quite talented at the fact he's from a union is incidental.

It's more the headkicker types like Shorten and John Robertson that annoy me. You know, the ones who already have the factional influence and think they can become statesmen just by swanning into parliament, shaking people's hands and kissing a few babies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back