Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

"French cartoonists were racist and basically deserved it" not sure I see that.

Not deserved it, but he was suggesting they put themselves at risk and it wasn't something he would do. Certainly distancing himself.

Well they were and events prove that.

I guess the questions raised are:

Do you never make political or religious comment, satirical or otherwise, in case someone goes on a murderous rampage because of it?

Does refraining from comment somehow stifle our freedoms and teach us to give into those that would harm us?

Do we only refrain from commenting about religions, satirically, politically or otherwise, whose most extreme supporters have shown that murder is the most effective way to deal with the issue, or about all religions?

What was the point in this guy expressing this at this time .... self preservation?

May 20, 2006
In the Clique.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I guess the questions raised are:

Do you never make political or religious comment, satirical or otherwise, in case someone goes on a murderous rampage because of it?

Does refraining from comment somehow stifle our freedoms and teach us to give into those that would harm us?

Do we only refrain from commenting about religions, satirically, politically or otherwise, whose most extreme supporters have shown that murder is the most effective way to deal with the issue, or about all religions?

What was the point in this guy expressing this at this time .... self preservation?
All good questions.

Danny Cullen

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2012
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
First Dog used to be funny. I reckon he's a little self absorbed nowadays (appearing on Insiders will do that to you).

Danny Cullen

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2012
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
cartoon_3157424c.jpg

It's weird ay. The worlds gone ******* mad
(note the qld ay on the end)

I noted it ... made me cringe. I know so many that do it. Not so much a SE Qld thing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite popular in my low socio economic region of SEQ.

I've lived in a few of those areas. My favourites are the ones that go shopping in their pj's.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
I've lived in a few of those areas. My favourites are the ones that go shopping in their pj's.

We had one this week across the road doing the lawns in his full whitey underwear. And I can't forget the 3 or 4 cars on every front lawn. Every front lawn.

12 more months and hopefully find somewhere with no visible neighbours. ay.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Transferring older long term unemployed onto disability to make the numbers look better came a lot earlier than the rudd gillard government, and later than the hawke keating government

Fact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back