Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

I can understand why you might look to that solution but that would be a disaster.

All I see from the states is a giant can of bitching and moaning that they don't get enough money from the Feds, the Feds saying such and such expense should come out of state coffers, lots of money wasted on consultants and lobbyists instead of actually spending on the public. That's where the waste is. Look at the health system where the GPs are funded federally and the hospitals by the States. So there's incentive for the feds to try and get patients treated in hospitals and hospitals try to get services done by GPs.

All I see from the states is a giant can of bitching and moaning that they don't get enough money from the Feds, the Feds saying such and such expense should come out of state coffers, lots of money wasted on consultants and lobbyists instead of actually spending on the public. That's where the waste is. Look at the health system where the GPs are funded federally and the hospitals by the States. So there's incentive for the feds to try and get patients treated in hospitals and hospitals try to get services done by GPs.

yep two issues there

1) MP and departments no longer want to make decisions, rather they pass that off to consultants and then can blame a third party for bad advice. that's gutless.

sure good advice is required "sometimes" but the bare bones, term sheets and strategies should be worked out by executives and refined by lawyers or other consultants.

2) the other issue is co-funding. one level of govt should be responsible and this would stop the blame game. some things are best done by the states and some things by the commonwealth. police and education is an obvious state issue. health could be argued to be a state issue or a federal issue. either way just have one responsible government layer.

yep two issues there

1) MP and departments no longer want to make decisions, rather they pass that off to consultants and then can blame a third party for bad advice. that's gutless.

sure good advice is required "sometimes" but the bare bones, term sheets and strategies should be worked out by executives and refined by lawyers or other consultants.

2) the other issue is co-funding. one level of govt should be responsible and this would stop the blame game. some things are best done by the states and some things by the commonwealth. police and education is an obvious state issue. health could be argued to be a state issue or a federal issue. either way just have one responsible government layer.
By removing states there would be no other layer to deflect to. Well local government I suppose but it's more obvious what is local role. Not sure why police or education should be state based, one country have one uniform set of laws and education standards.

Pls keep the Cartoon thread for cartoons. Have a short discussion of the back of one, if necessary, but it's more fun if it's mostly picture-based.

thanks Ratts

I will try and post more aligned with your thoughts and views. sorry comrade for participating in a conversation about a cartoon.

By removing states there would be no other layer to deflect to. Well local government I suppose but it's more obvious what is local role. Not sure why police or education should be state based, one country have one uniform set of laws and education standards.

having one uniform standard for education and policing is certainly one way. but what this does is create massive power bodies and organisations that become to unwieldy to manage or change. You lose the ability to tailor services for local needs and you lose the innovation that having different systems and people leading creates.

So the positive for a one system is economies of scale. The negatives are a loss of innovation, cultural issues become difficult to change, you create a massive lobby group with its own self interest undermining democracy, you lose tailored local solutions and you create a horrible work environment where people feel like a cog in a giant machine.

That's a massive price to pay!

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
thanks Ratts

I will try and post more aligned with your thoughts and views. sorry comrade for participating in a conversation about a cartoon.
Enjoying your self-pity? There are a hundred ways to have this discussion in a thread more suited to it. To have the same ramblings in the cartoons thread that we already have in so many others is unnecessary. There's a reason the cartoon thread is pinned - it offers something different.

Enjoying your self-pity? There are a hundred ways to have this discussion in a thread more suited to it. To have the same ramblings in the cartoons thread that we already have in so many others is unnecessary. There's a reason the cartoon thread is pinned - it offers something different.

• actively try over multiple years to get another user not to post

OK comrade

I will try and post more aligned with your thoughts. I will try and be more like you!

I think not.

crackerjack4X4

All Australian
Aug 3, 2007
Swan View
AFL Club
Fremantle
11990491_797461260374130_8513679111923785084_n.jpg

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone remember what the singer from Painters and Dockers used to get up to on stage with a pig's head? David Cameron has been accused of doing the same in his uni days.

img_2788.png

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
And like with refugees, Crackerjack is once again deciding that being poor is the only reason anyone would/should use a community service.

Why can't PT users be rich? Why wouldn't a rich person retain a 'common touch' by mixing with normal people rather than living in a bubble?

Back