Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

1926812_679067465467974_304672286_n.jpg

This is the big issue that Australia needs to get its head around.

With globalisation we have seen cheaper and cheaper products undercut Australian businesses. This is a good thing as we all benefit from lower prices but we must ensure our lowest skilled people still have a place in our society.

We need to get our energy policy right or we will see more and more of this.

The energy sector which has been mismanaged and suffered from uncertainty for 15 years has contributed to higher than necessary costs.

I feel QANTAS should make this demise as painless as possible. Simply pay out creditors, shut down operations, sell the assets in an orderly manner and slowly return capital to shareholders.
I really don't think Qantas is in any real pickle at all.
They are simply trying to extract as much money, favor and advantage they can for the idiot Abbott they can before he gets rolled.
The little Irishman ha d no problem completely contradicting himself on the carbon tax to suit Tones required script.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't think Qantas is in any real pickle at all.
They are simply trying to extract as much money, favor and advantage they can for the idiot Abbott they can before he gets rolled.
The little Irishman ha d no problem completely contradicting himself on the carbon tax to suit Tones required script.

nah the company has been stuffed for a long time and would have generated a bigger ROI by putting the money in the bank. Having gone through the heartache of restructuring businesses in the past the worst things to deal with is litigation, government departments, unions and unhappy workers.

This issue already has three of the four issues and could very easily find itself having all four. The only way to cleanse the business and make it viable again is with a sledgehammer.

nah the company has been stuffed for a long time and would have generated a bigger ROI by putting the money in the bank. Having gone through the heartache of restructuring businesses in the past the worst things to deal with is litigation, government departments, unions and unhappy workers.

This issue already has three of the four issues and could very easily find itself having all four. The only way to cleanse the business and make it viable again is with a sledgehammer.
Any idea what Qantas assets are worth?

LOL.
I looked there last night and was too lazy to dredge through the tome...I hoped I might scam you into doing it for me....:D:oops:
I love delegating on fora...

key items
revenue $15.9B
Profit - only $6m or $97m after fair value movements
Total assets $20.2B
Net Assets $6B

this equates to a 1.67% return on net assets.

If they sold everything, shut down operations and put the cash in the bank they would dramatically improve their profits.

Tones is going to adress unemployment with lower taxes and less red tape

The fist thing is freeing up visas so companies can bring in foreign labour easily

No doubt theres some weird explaination how that can adress unemployment levels

097608-bd4521a2-a9c3-11e3-9f08-bce3f3e5d11f.jpg

Is anyone really surprised that the $4.5 billion National Rental Affordability Scheme, launched by Labor in 2007, has turned into a scam-fest, gamed by dodgy developers on-selling their rights under the scheme and universities happy to see the taxpayer subsidise their efforts to recruit more fee-paying international students?
Rick Wallace of The Australian put me onto this story and, at first, I didn’t believe that international students were entitled to 20 per cent below market rents in newly constructed buildings. But when I found an application form, lo and behold, it was true. Indeed, someone on a bridging visa is also entitled under the NRAS.
The former housing minister, Tanya Plibersek, has been trying to tell us that there was nothing she could do; that she was advised that it would be illegal to exclude international students. Really? Really? We have no problem excluding international students from Medicare (although they do lob up at public hospitals) and state governments have no problem excluding them from transport concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back