Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

bishop2.jpg

Julie Bishop Refuses to Rule out Devouring Tony Abbott’s Still-Beating Heart
http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/articl...ut-devouring-tony-abbotts-still-beating-heart

I am legitimately concerned about Australia and it's people.
Adelaidenow comments has people calling for Abbott to launch a military operation on Indonesian soil to extract the 2 Bali 9 men...
Act of war here we come..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am legitimately concerned about Australia and it's people.
Adelaidenow comments has people calling for Abbott to launch a military operation on Indonesian soil to extract the 2 Bali 9 men...
Act of war here we come..

That's what 60 years of Rupert Murdoch's propaganda will do to a country.

We get the PM we deserve, I'm afraid.

http://theconversation.com/the-wint...ow-sport-diplomacy-could-save-the-world-89769

The Winter Olympics and the two Koreas: how sport diplomacy could save the world

January 11, 2018 10.26am AEDT
file-20180110-36019-49r5j2.jpg

Talks between North and South Korea have led to the rogue North agreeing to send a delegation to the upcoming Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Reuters
http://theconversation.com/the-wint...ow-sport-diplomacy-could-save-the-world-89769

Not until China turns the oil pipe off “with intent”, and apart from a few delusionals in the US everyone knows this but doesn’t say it for reasons I imagine similar to those demonstrated in your classic Zhou story from way back. Hopefully the real-estate-con-man-in-chief understands the stakes in a game where yet again he is actually playing his “investors’” hand, not his own.

For example, to carelessly throw a random set of chips on the table we could have a unified de-nuke Korea tomorrow, at the “price” of a unified China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not until China turns the oil pipe off “with intent”, and apart from a few delusionals in the US everyone knows this but doesn’t say it for reasons I imagine similar to those demonstrated in your classic Zhou story from way back. Hopefully the real-estate-con-man-in-chief understands the stakes in a game where yet again he is actually playing his “investors’” hand, not his own.

For example, to carelessly throw a random set of chips on the table we could have a unified de-nuke Korea tomorrow, at the “price” of a unified China.

Sorry REH, but you will have to expand on the above for me to understand your comments.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oops. My mistake.

Hey, Portology ....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

North Korea gets most of its oil out of a famously rusty old pipe from China. Winter is hard. It dropped to -11 overnight in Beijing the last few days, which is not too far from the DPRK. China turns the pipe off and says so, they’re done but Kim may do something stupid on the way out. The pipe breaks “purely accidentally” and takes half of Winter to fix, they’re also done. Probably. But China *doesn’t* let that happen. So you have to ask why they are prepared to put up with “that” on their doorstep. And as much as we make fun of Kim he has to understand that too.

Lockhart Road once related a story about Zhou En Lai (sorry spelling) remaining silent as a signal for a government elsewhere to understand it was ok to beat up on a major protest movement, where making an actual comment one way or the other would have deeply inflamed the situation.

So we also have to ask what the price of that pipe would be “without really asking” and you can guess what China might most want in exchange for freezing the Koreas together: Taiwan. But “the West” horse trading millions of people like that would go down like a lead balloon. Unless you’re a Donald Trump, which is an interesting sidebar-wildcard. He knows real estate :/

Horrible “game”, innit? Who would you like playing your hand?

And another thing...
f06ce2064f803daf62cad7b17a2048ec.jpg

The Summer Palace is cool in Winter too ;) whole lake frozen and folks jumping up and down on it like they want to find out “how frozen”.

North Korea gets most of its oil out of a famously rusty old pipe from China. Winter is hard. It dropped to -11 overnight in Beijing the last few days, which is not too far from the DPRK. China turns the pipe off and says so, they’re done but Kim may do something stupid on the way out. The pipe breaks “purely accidentally” and takes half of Winter to fix, they’re also done. Probably. But China *doesn’t* let that happen. So you have to ask why they are prepared to put up with “that” on their doorstep. And as much as we make fun of Kim he has to understand that too.

Lockhart Road once related a story about Zhou En Lai (sorry spelling) remaining silent as a signal for a government elsewhere to understand it was ok to beat up on a major protest movement, where making an actual comment one way or the other would have deeply inflamed the situation.

So we also have to ask what the price of that pipe would be “without really asking” and you can guess what China might most want in exchange for freezing the Koreas together: Taiwan. But “the West” horse trading millions of people like that would go down like a lead balloon. Unless you’re a Donald Trump, which is an interesting sidebar-wildcard. He knows real estate :/

Horrible “game”, innit? Who would you like playing your hand?

Those issues might only be solved after the current Gòngchǎndǎng dinasty has run its course— war notwithstanding. Until then, North Korea will remain a Chinese protectorate (Kim Jong-Il doesn't act beyond limits set by Beijing), and Taiwan won't rejoin the Empire on its own accord.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back