Poll: Rd 5, 2014 tipping Swans or Dockers (closed)

Who are you tipping?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

MickyG

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
My initial tip is for the Swans but I do have a habit of changing them. How many Swans posters are picking the team and how many the opposition? NB Votes are public.

Realistically, at the moment we don't stand much of a chance.

Without Reid, Tippet, Goodes and White, and with Pyke having to spend more time in the middle we just don't have a forward line.

Our mids look cooked and aren't running and we're not getting the Malceski/Shaw back line run either.

But against Freo - Jack will be shut down if he doesn't get the support so clearances fall on Hanners, Bird, McGlynn and Kennedy - out of whom only Hanners and Kennedy are elite against and elite Freo midfield. And none of them are quick. With Jetta being shut down most games now, no Rohan, no Goodes and an ageing backline I just don't see where we get our run and delivery to the forwards from?

So we'll be bombing it to contests without Tippet or Reid there to take marks.

By mid year when we have more forwards who can take contested marks, as well as Buddy and a small like McGlynn to mop up spillages, we won't need as much mid speed and the Kennedy/Hanners/O'Keefe/McGlynn method of bombing from the clearance will be much more effective. Jack is going to need help breaking the tag though as the year goes on.

I always tip Sydney. Doesn't matter who they're versing, where they're playing, who's in the 22 etc. etc..

I just never tip against them, even if I think we'll lose.

Nat Fyfe is back in, the result is fairly predictable.

The glimmer of hope is - we play well at the SCG, and on a dry track, both of which apply today.

If history is anything to go by, Freo's high pressure game will result in us bombing the ball forward into an empty forward line or a loose man. Not feeling too positive about this one without Tippett/Goodes/Someone that knows how to mark i50.
Last year's final they blew us away in the 1st half before stepping off the gas. We need to come out of the gates harder and be fierce.

I think we can win it. We're well below our best, but Freo aren't invincible. The heat has been put on the players, and I think we'll see a few stand up today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the Dockers at number 1 for the year and us at 4 so on logic I should be picking them. I'm still thinking the 3 poor showings will get us going and playing at home gives us a slight advantage. Looking forward to a good hard game. Will stick with my Swans pick, go Swans.

Dockers easily.

Doesn't mean I hope to proven right or will cheer any less.

But it is the first game since 2012 I actually think we cannot win. I hope it doesn't get embarrassing is all :(

This guy is a flog.

No idea.

Runs out of chips mid game as well.

Learn to shop floggo.

Looks like 82% of us were wrong.

It was as though the ex-Hawthorn boys had made a pact, this far and no further!

Josh Kennedy was my b.o.g, Benny McGlynn was fantastic and Buddy started to run into some form, especially when he finally started from the goal square, like the coach told him.

Back