Opinion Poll - Who do we select with Pick 10 in the 2014 AFL National Draft?

Who do we select with Pick 10 in the National Draft 2014?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Petracca, Laverde and Brayshaw go beforehand, and we want their attributes of those three speed, power, and size then this guy combines them in an explosive package.
What I like is that kick down acceleration where he just gaps his opponent in the first metre or two, Good leap and mark as well.
Looking at his frame he's not far off already, but I get your point although we've taken some strange ones at P16, although I don't think he'd last till then.

Aside, yes that news on Phil was very sad.

Yep Explosive is the word i used as well . When I watched him play that GF game, I thought early Judd when he killed Brisbane. Rip the ball out and just hit "Turbo" . His kicking had good result at the Combine so he can kick.

I've also come to think that Cockatoo would be an excellent pickup for us, for the reasons discussed. For some reason I can't get it out of my head that they will call out DeGoey at 10.

But, as has been said here, the tragic and heartbreaking loss of Phil Hughes overshadows all else today. I know all sports fans, all Australians, will want to send their best wishes and condolences to his family and loved ones.

Daz , I think if we went with your comparison Ca2 is far more explosive , his results at the Combine showed he has heap in a few disciplines , Billy was tops in agility (which has been such a weapon in juniors but has been a bear for him ...getting caught all the time).
If the club have done the full range of testing and find he ticks all the boxes.. . Compared to someone like Weller is he ready for AFL? Is he a hard worker? Relocation? etc. That would be more my things that would Id be liking to know.

I guess im a bit more looking to build a spine with #10… HT, Selwood, Hawkins type…. Probably being a bit revisionist in my examples but you get the idea….

Go Catters

Rumors are mounting re Ca2.

Sam Landsberger just tweeted:

"Big chance Geelong rolls dice on Nakia Cockatoo with first top-10 pick since Selwood. Brings speed. Played one game after foot fracture"

I'm very keen on cockatoo from highlights package. Wow!

I think we need a mid so it would be brilliant if Weller is available but it's unlikely. Otherwise, I'd be happy if we got Cockatoo.

Lever and Godard also ok if going defender.

I guess im a bit more looking to build a spine with #10… HT, Selwood, Hawkins type…. Probably being a bit revisionist in my examples but you get the idea….

Go Catters

No thats fair enough. Blending our wants and needs with best and best in type is no easy matter , especially this year. I can make a case (to myself) for Wright the Forward/ruck type , Durdin/Goddard tall defender type , Lever/Marchbank the more versatile 3rd tall type and especially for talent mids of all types but we "the uniformed masses" always want to pick based on what we have now. We see Lonergan, Rivers,Taylor etc all at teh wrong end of it and say we need tall backs .. can we trust that Toohey will be a player? We can not till he does .. If you know what I mean.

Personally I think Stanley may be capable down back so him added to our list , means we are not short of options when we have Blitz and Walker HAS to be consider for somewhere

Rumors are mounting re Ca2.

Sam Landsberger just tweeted:

"Big chance Geelong rolls dice on Nakia Cockatoo with first top-10 pick since Selwood. Brings speed. Played one game after foot fracture"

Turbo reckons it's a big call, and when weighed up, yes it is. But to turn on the game performance like he did immediately after a long time out of footy was just a taste I feel.
I don't mind if we take Durdin or Lever if we go the other way.

No thats fair enough. Blending our wants and needs with best and best in type is no easy matter , especially this year. I can make a case (to myself) for Wright the Forward/ruck type , Durdin/Goddard tall defender type , Lever/Marchbank the more versatile 3rd tall type and especially for talent mids of all types but we "the uniformed masses" always want to pick based on what we have now. We see Lonergan, Rivers,Taylor etc all at teh wrong end of it and say we need tall backs .. can we trust that Toohey will be a player? We can not till he does .. If you know what I mean.

Personally I think Stanley may be capable down back so him added to our list , means we are not short of options when we have Blitz and Walker HAS to be consider for somewhere

perhaps more meat and potatoes than hundreds and thousands….. if thats a better way of putting it…

GO Catters

Dont forget the one game Cockatoo played was against 16 and 17 year olds.
Spot on there... Would've been good to see him stack up against kids his own age! He looks to have the goods, but not sure he's a top 10 pick.

If we had pick 21 still, then I think he could've been in the mix.

Spot on there... Would've been good to see him stack up against kids his own age! He looks to have the goods, but not sure he's a top 10 pick.

If we had pick 21 still, then I think he could've been in the mix.

Tend to agree. It's certainly a gutsy call taking him at 10. I think he is potentially a very exciting player and his explosive, contested game is something we really need to bring into the club. But I just have nagging doubts about how good he actually is. That game he starred in was against kids - put a group 3 horse in a race against maidens it will look like Black Caviar. I hope that's not what we've seen here.

Cal T. - 17 minutes ago
All the late, late mail suggests Nakia Cockatoo is a big chance for the Cats at pick 10, and Caleb Marchbank at pick 6 or 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back