Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

But everybody knew that Abbott was an oaf well before he became the leader of the opposition.
His campaign relying on the endless repetition of simplistic three word slogans aimed at the naive, uneducated, bigoted and fearful confirmed this.
His economic policies where he promised he would spend more, tax less and have increased surpluses was non-sensical and obvious bullshit.
His anti science stance aimed at garnering the support of followers of public toilet lingerers like Alan Jones should have been a red flag

The Liberal party had a talent like Malcolm Turnbull, but has launched so far to the loopy right that we have now had to suffer a year of demonstrably the most incompetent PM and treasurer this country has seen.
Since in office, the budget situation has deteriorated and he has launched a war on the people he hates with almost pathological zeal: struggling and less well off Australians. His only response is to revert to slogans and try and have us believe that his incompetence is all Labor's fault.

Rudd's incompetence, on the other hand, took most of us by surprise.

But everybody knew that Abbott was an oaf well before he became the leader of the opposition.
His campaign relying on the endless repetition of simplistic three word slogans aimed at the naive, uneducated, bigoted and fearful confirmed this.
His economic policies where he promised he would spend more, tax less and have increased surpluses was non-sensical and obvious bullshit.
His anti science stance aimed at garnering the support of followers of public toilet lingerers like Alan Jones should have been a red flag

The Liberal party had a talent like Malcolm Turnbull, but has launched so far to the loopy right that we have now had to suffer a year of demonstrably the most incompetent PM and treasurer this country has seen.
Since in office, the budget situation has deteriorated and he has launched a war on the people he hates with almost pathological zeal: struggling and less well off Australians. His only response is to revert to slogans and try and have us believe that his incompetence is all Labor's fault.

Rudd's incompetence, on the other hand, took most of us by surprise.

Good to see you're above all that.

Thought this belongs in here as it is refering to the opinion polls
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...147788128?nk=51fae4aca48e4c9cadda6e4566221f8c
When I say “national”, I mean it literally – my Darwin Awards aren’t for people, they’re for nations. I’m going to hand out an annual prize for the dumbest, most imbecilic country on the planet that is setting out to destroy its own comfortable way of life via its own moronic actions.

I’m going to find the one nation that’s doing the equivalent of putting its head out of the train window to see if there’s a tunnel approaching.

And right now, Australia looks like being the 2014 National Darwin Award winner. Why? Because we are among the most collectively stupid people on the planet. Just look at the statistics – or rather, the opinion polls.

This much bitter tears from uncle rupert's rags means things are really dire all over Tory land, it's probably more than just the polls now
When you are publishing a piece calling half of the country stupid for not agreeing with you it must be desperate times down at News Ltd.

The consensus seems to be that Abbott was a terrific Opposition Leader, but really, what he sought to do was essentially blow up any trust in governance etc that he ensured that he was going to be a failure as a Prime Minister. Given the lack of long-term thinking I can't really give him solid marks.

People ultimately threw out Labor because they were sick of the infighting and instability of their leadership. Shorten, for all his faults, is at the head of a clearly more united party, and one that when you compare it to where it was 18 months ago (probably the most divided it's been since the DLP split), is actually a minor miracle to see. Abbott seemed to think the election was a tick-off for him to start implementing austerity, which I think he got very wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what to say about that Rowan Dean article. I knew he was a ******* idiot before. But bloddy hell! Reading the comments section, and having not been in Queensland since I was a kid, is there something about Queensland (the air, water?) that turns you into a *******?

No. I've been here for 3 decades and I think he's a bloody idiot.

thats-a-paddlin-30027.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back