Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they really care. Annastacia is a joke as well. Most might be happy when they are both gone.

Annastacia has no skeletons in her closet. She tried to lead some sort of opposition when thrust into the position unexpectedly. They had 7 members for two thirds of the term and 9 for the rest and they had to try to be across all shadow portfolios, all community groups, all issues when the government had 78 members to share the load.

The fact that she isn't quite across all the issues and costings yet is no surprise. Don't make the mistake of thinking that will reflect her government though. If anything we will see more cabinet input rather than the Newman/Nicholls/Seeney headkicking team with a side of arrogance from Bleijie. She will have some capable people back to support her. She will have the whole Labor machine and advisors on board. She will have Director Generals to brief her. In a way I like the fact she's going to need to take advice rather than be a bull in a china shop because she knows better.

Jon-Stewart-Oh-My-God-MRW-Gif.gif

Another humiliating defeat for the Tories softens the blow of another likely tragic Socceroos bottle job ..

How low did Gillard get at her lowest as it can't have been much worse than 27%?

Gillard's lowest approval and worst differential was first week of September 2011, when she was 23-68 a:d, and her final leadership poll before the spill was 28-62

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott's numbers are on now on par with Gillard and honestly can't see them improving in the near future as the backbenchers calls for blood won't quieten anytime soon. It's looking more and more like the only thing giving Abbott a stay of execution is the manoeuvring of Turnbull, Bishop & Morrison as they work out what ticket will challenge him.

Personally think best ticket to take to the electorate (Liberal diehards don't really like it though) after a clean out.
Turnbull - PM
Bishop - deputy (Foreign Minister)
Morrison - Treasurer.

Abbott's numbers are on now on par with Gillard and honestly can't see them improving in the near future as the backbenchers calls for blood won't quieten anytime soon. It's looking more and more like the only thing giving Abbott a stay of execution is the manoeuvring of Turnbull, Bishop & Morrison as they work out what ticket will challenge him.

Personally think best ticket to take to the electorate (Liberal diehards don't really like it though) after a clean out.
Turnbull - PM
Morrison - Treasurer.
Turnbull would demolish Shorten, but he is violently unpopular with the powerful Right faction. It would be one of the greatest political comebacks of all time if he became the Liberal leader again.

Turnbull - PM
Morrison - Treasurer.

Turnbull in power would hurt the LNP caucus, and on the surface upset some LNP voters but when they see the surge in the polls, the voters would come around.

No way Labor internally, wanted Rudd back but it was a last gasp attempt to hold government or minimise the damage. Turnbull doesn't have the same baggage Rudd had and they have a lot more time. I'm no conservative but I can see Turnbull dragging votes back from Labor because he is in between Labor and LNP in his ideals. I'm just not sure that LNP will sell out their beliefs to get there. I think they will hope that Bishop's softer image will dazzle people but are wary of her skeletons as well. Morrison ... surely his headkicker image isn't going to win back voters.

Turnbull in power would hurt the LNP caucus, and on the surface upset some LNP voters but when they see the surge in the polls, the voters would come around.

No way Labor internally, wanted Rudd back but it was a last gasp attempt to hold government or minimise the damage. Turnbull doesn't have the same baggage Rudd had and they have a lot more time. I'm no conservative but I can see Turnbull dragging votes back from Labor because he is in between Labor and LNP in his ideals. I'm just not sure that LNP will sell out their beliefs to get there. I think they will hope that Bishop's softer image will dazzle people but are wary of her skeletons as well. Morrison ... surely his headkicker image isn't going to win back voters.
Labor bringing back Rudd wasn't even about trying hold onto power it was about saving enough seats so they were a realistic chance in 2016.

Turnbull is hated by the right, but the fact is the right aren't going to vote Green or Labor anyway so even if the primary vote goes to someone like Family First they'll still get the preferences. Turnbull will get along with the Senate much better and has far greater appeal to the swinging voters. Abbott has all but destroyed himself there, Prince Philip was just the final straw for those who hadn't written him off already.

The right would want Morrison, just not sure though he could win an election against Shorten though. He would though bring it back from the brink of disaster which is where they are currently at, but it might be more of a Rudd comeback designed to save as many seats as possible.

Bishop's days as shadow Treasurer under Turnbull will be a big mark against her in the party room.

Turnbulls NBN oddesy seems to show hes another of the finest politicians money can buy. Not sure he can cut it inpolitics particularly a toxic set.

Apart from nbn, we only have the republic and utegate to go on

I actually think Turnbull's NBN performance is one of his pluses.

He's been told to sell a s**t sandwich and has done that well. I don't agree with their approach at all but he's explained their position clearly and coherently.

Turnbull would demolish Shorten, but he is violently unpopular with the powerful Right faction. It would be one of the greatest political comebacks of all time if he became the Liberal leader again.
People like me with some far right ideologies need their views tempered at times. I would accept Turnbull over Abbott any day of the week. Abbott needs to realise that he did a great job in saving this country from Rudd and Gillard. However, he couldn't cut it as PM. He had his chance. So, he should know that when he gets the tap, it is time too walk. This is where it might get interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back