Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, of course. What this country evidently needs is more of the Labor/Liberal Muppet show.
the point is the Greens have no idea what they're doing 'alone'. they're a minor party and that is all. They would drive this country to the ground if they had their way. Other parties like democratic labor basically support the same values as labor but slightly left.

I spent 1 topic on environmental science to work out how many greenie loonies are out there.

the point is the Greens have no idea what they're doing 'alone'. they're a minor party and that is all. They would drive this country to the ground if they had their way. Other parties like democratic labor basically support the same values as labor but slightly left.

I spent 1 topic on environmental science to work out how many greenie loonies are out there.
How many are there?

Yeah, you're probably right about the Greens, but Labor and Liberal don't know what the * they're doing either. The deficit has gone up under the LNP and frankly, anyone who supports the turn back boats policy that both major parties do is an ignorant campaigner that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Without even reading I assume Murdoch sprinkled some AWU flakes into the goldfish bowl and he's watching the good goldfish eat his lols.

Polls have dropped in labors favour since this Shorten attack I have to assume without even looking?

Meanwhile the LNP-Calabrian coalition is in full force attacking public media outlets 14 months after enacting a split class budget. No worries goldfish bill the knife is going to eat your babies and sell your children in slavery to the AWU.

But seriously, a lot of them don't realize that you need to have a suitable model based on economy, social and environmental aspects; not just environmental.
No matter what you think of 'Greenies' (and I always find it odd that NIMBYism is associated with Greenies given it's most often practiced by the rich suburbs that often vote Liberal), most policy-heads in Australian politics say The Greens have good policies. The promotion of Di Natale looks to be a way to detach themselves from the Milne idealist approach, so I think they're well set to make inroads at the next election.
Yeah, you're probably right about the Greens, but Labor and Liberal don't know what the **** they're doing either. The deficit has gone up under the LNP and frankly, anyone who supports the turn back boats policy that both major parties do is an ignorant campaigner that shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Labor was widely commended for their approach to the GFC, and while there was a lot of waste under their later stimulus programs, percentage-wise it was not as bad as made out. But I do think the turn-back-the-boats policy is working so I guess I'm a campaigner you won't listen to.

No matter what you think of 'Greenies' (and I always find it odd that NIMBYism is associated with Greenies given it's most often practiced by the rich suburbs that often vote Liberal), most policy-heads in Australian politics say The Greens have good policies. The promotion of Di Natale looks to be a way to detach themselves from the Milne idealist approach, so I think they're well set to make inroads at the next election.

Labor was widely commended for their approach to the GFC, and while there was a lot of waste under their later stimulus programs, percentage-wise it was not as bad as made out. But I do think the turn-back-the-boats policy is working so I guess I'm a campaigner you won't listen to.

Yeah, you are a campaigner if you're too stupid to simply google asylum seeker myths or asylum seeker and see for yourself how many bullshit myths you and other stopping the boats supporters have been fed. If you think that it's okay to send innocent people back to their deaths, then you are a campaigner.

Yeah, you are a campaigner if you're too stupid to simply google asylum seeker myths or asylum seeker and see for yourself how many bullshit myths you and other stopping the boats supporters have been fed. If you think that it's okay to send innocent people back to their deaths, then you are a campaigner.
FYI If you Google a topic make sure you check a few different website written from different perspectives.

FYI I thought our Asylum policies were mostly unnecessary when Howard was in charge, because it isn't a real threat and doesn't involve many people. When Rudd changed policies and over 1000 people died trying to come to Australia, I changed my mind. I don't think I am being a campaigner by thinking that 1000+ people shouldn't have to die when we could facilitate solutions that don't encourage dangerous boat journeys.

FYI If you Google a topic make sure you check a few different website written from different perspectives.

FYI I thought our Asylum policies were mostly unnecessary when Howard was in charge, because it isn't a real threat and doesn't involve many people. When Rudd changed policies and over 1000 people died trying to come to Australia, I changed my mind. I don't think I am being a campaigner by thinking that 1000+ people shouldn't have to die when we could facilitate solutions that don't encourage dangerous boat journeys.

Already have, buddy.

You do realise sending them back is pretty much a death sentence for them, right? You do realise Australia signed a UN refugee convention to take in asylum seekers? It's not illegal to seek asylum. Also, I see through the false concern bullshit - the policy is nothing but institutionalised racism.

Already have, buddy.

You do realise sending them back is pretty much a death sentence for them, right? You do realise Australia signed a UN refugee convention to take in asylum seekers? It's not illegal to seek asylum. Also, I see through the false concern bullshit - the policy is nothing but institutionalised racism.
I realise the second bit, but not the first. A lot of AS aren't escaping death sentences. Some are escaping bad persecution, some are escaping bad prosecution; some are escaping death; some aren't escaping any of that. i.e. Saying "sending them back is pretty much a death sentence" is an exaggeration, and of course there are many more choices than just (1) turn back boats; or (2) return them to their persecutors.

No "false concern" here. Take your false assumptions elsewhere and actually think about how s**t it is for anyone to die in the ocean. 1000+ deaths is surely worth your consideration, when you are writing about "pretty much a death sentence".

I realise the second bit, but not the first. A lot of AS aren't escaping death sentences. Some are escaping bad persecution, some are escaping bad prosecution; some are escaping death; some aren't escaping any of that. i.e. Saying "sending them back is pretty much a death sentence" is an exaggeration, and of course there are many more choices than just (1) turn back boats; or (2) return them to their persecutors.

No "false concern" here. Take your false assumptions elsewhere and actually think about how s**t it is for anyone to die in the ocean. 1000+ deaths is surely worth your consideration, when you are writing about "pretty much a death sentence".

The vast majority are fleeing persecution and do not possess the means to get the necessary documentation to travel by plane. What's your solution then? Send them to detention centres offshore? I'm sure they'll have a great time getting physically and sexually abused.

Why don't you think about why the * they're risking their lives getting on boats in the first place? They're obviously not running from a utopia, are they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I infer in anyway that they were "running from a utopia"?

The abuse is obviously a huge concern and it's a shame the govt seems so keen to ignore it. However, compared to "pretty much a death sentence" I do think minor security camps and/or TPVs shouldn't be seen as that bad, right? Obviously that's a provocative statement, but my point is that I care about the reality of the situation when there is so much over-blown rhetoric from both sides.

Where did I infer in anyway that they were "running from a utopia"?

The abuse is obviously a huge concern and it's a shame the govt seems so keen to ignore it. However, compared to "pretty much a death sentence" I do think minor security camps and/or TPVs shouldn't be seen as that bad, right? Obviously that's a provocative statement, but my point is that I care about the reality of the situation when there is so much over-blown rhetoric from both sides.

I was exaggerating, but clearly people don't get on boats and risk their lives for nothing. Refugees don't see people smugglers the same way the government does. They're thankful they're getting help from them to get the * out, because it's often done with good reason. Amnesty International reported that 92% of refugees were fleeing from a bad situation back when we used to process them onshore.

What's wrong with what we used to do? Process each asylum seeker individually to determine whether they are seeking asylum (which most of them are and this isn't an illegal thing to do) or not. Keep the ones who are and send the ones who aren't elsewhere. It's not like they're going to destabilise our economy. The vast majority of people who immigrate to Australia, do so by plane.

The Greens aren't the only ones out there.

The best thing that can happen to Australia is that we break the back of the two party system. The parties have now become a law unto themselves and people enter them at uni purely because they want a career in parliament. Lobbyists have been able to have huge influence on government policy because of the funds they pump into the party, these lobbyists also want to keep politicians away from the average person and in the "system" so they can feed them the information they want to make the decisions they want, regardless of what is best for the country.

We end up with people voting in a manner that makes it almost impossible for a single group to gain control of the House and forces them into a minority government it is good for Australia. A lot of people here pay out on Gillard, but look at the track record of Gillard in minority government and compare that to Abbott, Rudd or the last term of Howard, by actually seeing what legislation was passed and you will quickly realise that her government was actually the best of the lot of them and by some margin.

A two party political system only leads to a corrupt system where self interest of the political parties in protecting themselves is more important than the public good. Why has no other state brought in a ICAC with the same powers as NSW, simply because they all know that it will destroy the reputation of a number of key people inside both parties.

The Greens aren't the only ones out there.

The best thing that can happen to Australia is that we break the back of the two party system. The parties have now become a law unto themselves and people enter them at uni purely because they want a career in parliament. Lobbyists have been able to have huge influence on government policy because of the funds they pump into the party, these lobbyists also want to keep politicians away from the average person and in the "system" so they can feed them the information they want to make the decisions they want, regardless of what is best for the country.

We end up with people voting in a manner that makes it almost impossible for a single group to gain control of the House and forces them into a minority government it is good for Australia. A lot of people here pay out on Gillard, but look at the track record of Gillard in minority government and compare that to Abbott, Rudd or the last term of Howard, by actually seeing what legislation was passed and you will quickly realise that her government was actually the best of the lot of them and by some margin.

A two party political system only leads to a corrupt system where self interest of the political parties in protecting themselves is more important than the public good. Why has no other state brought in a ICAC with the same powers as NSW, simply because they all know that it will destroy the reputation of a number of key people inside both parties.
but like I said, if you look at some of the other minor parties, they basically support the same ideas with some variations. The DLP for example has some noble policies, but would lead to higher prices for everyone.

but like I said, if you look at some of the other minor parties, they basically support the same ideas with some variations. The DLP for example has some noble policies, but would lead to higher prices for everyone.
But all the parties vary on a number of different issues, generally social issues are a main divide, given where the two main parties current stand on social welfare issues a lot of people are looking to minor parties because despite agreeing with economic policies they detest the social welfare policies so they want their primary vote to be registered for a different party.

But all the parties vary on a number of different issues, generally social issues are a main divide, given where the two main parties current stand on social welfare issues a lot of people are looking to minor parties because despite agreeing with economic policies they detest the social welfare policies so they want their primary vote to be registered for a different party.

Why that is the case, I'll never know.

A lack of governing experience will harm pretty much any party from anywhere on the political spectrum that suddenly rises to prominence. The DLP would be worse by a wide margin for that reason alone, I mean they couldn't even get Madigan to stay in the party.

On topic, the Bishop entitlements saga is going to do a good job of negating anything negative from the ALP conference coming up.

It seems Shorten has taken a hit, but the Labor party is consolidating it's position.

Two weeks time and the coal mine approvals, scandal over medical expenses for asylum seekers and chopper stuff is going to have an impact.

Thats bad news for the libs. The RC beat up was a political stick to wack Shorten with and probably strategists decided a great boost given an early election. I also wonder how much of the party room got behind Abbott in the hope mud would stick not just to Shorten but cause a drop in TPP pollin as well. This hasn't happened and support for Bishop from the PM has played up to the worst perceptions about him, that he is unaccountable, authoritarian and dishonest.

Will be very interested to see next polls numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back