Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know at what age voting is voluntary, is it 70?

Any age. You can choose not to vote, it's up to you.

You simply need to come out with something if they write to you. Given they are public servants and thus likely to be both lazy and not very bright, it's not hard to avoid a fine.

Morgan Poll says 55/45. So who is the one that is dreaming? ;)

Morgan does tend to move around a bit. Newspoll will be the one to watch, will be out later today/tomorrow.

Update: Newspoll says 51-49. Same as the Galaxy poll and similar to the 50/50 ReachTEL one.

Morgan appears to be the outlier again.

Last edited:

Unless they differ on policy on things like super, expect a dip pretty quickly as the libs get branded new face same policy.

Yup agreed.
Morrison talking "spending problems" not revenue so will he go the path of first Abbott/Hockey budget or the path of super/tax concessions?

It would seem that tax is out of the question at this time. Maybe take GST or company tax cuts to election but no movement at the station before then I wouldn't have thought.

Latest Essential poll is out

Two-party preferred

Coalition: 52 (+3)
ALP: 48 (-3)

Primaries

Liberal: 44 (+4)
ALP: 35 (-2)
Green: 11 (steady)
PUP: 2 (steady)
Other/independent: 9 (steady)

Several other questions also asked in the full report

http://www.essentialvision.com.au/category/essentialreport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I love Albo, I don't know whether he's electable enough. Plibersek or Burke would be my pick.

He's more electable than the current Tory-lite leader Bib Snorten, who has all the charisma and charm of John Hewson on a Monday morning. The only problem with him is that he is from the left, and the left faction of labor is utterly spineless in the face of the catholic right that has a stranglehold on the place.

Nah, the truth is Albo is slightly weird looking.

I mean most pollies are, but he is maybe just a little too odd looking. Thus the public are less likely to vote for him. Not even a joke.

Labor voters love him and I think he would get more Greens-leaning voters than Shorten (esp against Turnbull).
Not sure about the swing voters though. Do you reckon the public are less likely to vote for him than Shorten?

Labor voters love him and I think he would get more Greens-leaning voters than Shorten (esp against Turnbull).
Not sure about the swing voters though. Do you reckon the public are less likely to vote for him than Shorten?
Difficult to say.

I think he is better on the offensive and a clearer communicator than Shorten, so that may win some voters over. Alternately those interested in politics know his background and appreciate his competence.

One of the few pollies Dry Rot does not despise and he is hardly left leaning.

Against him though, is that he seems to have principles and the fat cats and right wing, don't like pollies with scruples. That is why Shorten is their man in Labor.

But seriously, the way staffers focus group and poll every issue and candidate within an inch of it's life, it would surprise me if the feedback was Albo doesn't present as well as certain other candidates, at least knowing what kind of sick demented plonkers make up the voting public in Aus.

We aren't at that UK level of cookie cutter, clone type politicians, where the public turn off people who don't look like a play doll approximation of some poxy sop accountant, but I reckon it's something a twitter pissing ***** comms expert hired by the party would hold against him. Or be rat cunning enough to find a focus group that did.

He has a funny voice, posture and weird face, and there are dumbshit people, who would vote for Malcolm over Albo just for that reason.

Which is messed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back