Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Morgan (which has been the most favourable poll for the LNP since Turnbull became leader) shows the first significant drop in the LNP vote, well down from 55-45 to 52.5-47.5

Very little change on primary votes though (Labor up 1, LNP steady), so perhaps this is due to some tweak in Morgans methodology? Or else there's some extreme rounding going on somewhere.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Mal knocked down a notch:

ReachTel (change measured from three weeks ago)

Primaries
Coalition: 48 (-)
ALP: 33 (+1)
Greens: 10 (-1)

2PP
Coalition: 54 (-1)
ALP: 46 (+1)

Approval ratings (Approve-Disapprove)
Turnbull: 39-24, (-14),(+11)
Shorten: 19-50, (+5), (-7)

Preferred PM
Turnbull: 75 (-6)
Shorten: 25 (+6)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Ipsos tightens significantly, although like Morgan it was one of the most pro-Coalition polls.

52-48 down from 56-44 late last year.

Interesting to see if this is just the polls reverting to a mean (they're all coalescing around 53-47 now) or a genuine decline in the Coalition's polling.

I can see Labor (policies) doing better than expected but Shorten still being a liability if that makes sense.
Wasn't even the choice the rank and file wanted - the members voted for Albo as the leader after the last election

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wasn't even the choice the rank and file wanted - the members voted for Albo as the leader after the last election

I would've preferred Alboneze at the time as well but Shorten has to stick it out now and people have to get behind him, he's very dry but no fool not unlike Howard in certain aspects.

If you're applying that to Albo you could apply that to anyone in the ALP. Not sure that anyone more prominent came out of Rudd/Gillard/Rudd cleaner than he did.
Fair enough but I really think that Andrew Leigh has potential.

Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Fair enough but I really think that Andrew Leigh has potential.

Since when do actual experts in something get to become leaders in this country? :drunk:

But honestly I think he'd struggle to get there purely based on factional reasons. Factions are still so state based and the ACT doesn't exactly carry a lot of institutional clout within the ALP to say the least. And it's really the same in the Liberals too.

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Blatantly stolen from Bill Shorten's office
Must admit the slogan does have a certain attraction though for some people.;)

Problem may be that as the Mad Monk goes about his destruction of Malcolm from the back bench - aided and abetted by the likes of Andrews, Abetts, Bernardi et al - that may not be sufficient to get him across the line.

Back