Poor AFL Crowds *Worst in 20 years*

Why don't you attend matches

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...hange-leaves-fans-furious-20140421-zqxbq.html

I don't blame the fans for being pissed off. They paid extra for entry into the game while others get in without having to pay.

One thing I've noticed this year is a slight, but respectable increase in the size of crowds at VFL matches.

There's never any official numbers, but just on sight alone, I'd hazard a guess of a few hundred people extra coming through the gates at most games.

I put that down to two things:
1) Some AFL clubs fielding standalone 'reserves' teams and playing out of their traditional home grounds
2) The cost of attending the AFL is seeing families go to the easily 'cheaper' option of the VFL

Honestly, if you didn't go to the Hawks vs Cats game just because you didn't want to fork out the few extra bucks to upgrade your GA ticket to a reserved seat...

You're a s**t supporter.

*signed a supporter who lives on the other side of the world and, even when in Melbourne, would have loved to support a club playing in matches with such a high profile.

One thing I've noticed this year is a slight, but respectable increase in the size of crowds at VFL matches.

There's never any official numbers, but just on sight alone, I'd hazard a guess of a few hundred people extra coming through the gates at most games.

I put that down to two things:
1) Some AFL clubs fielding standalone 'reserves' teams and playing out of their traditional home grounds
2) The cost of attending the AFL is seeing families go to the easily 'cheaper' option of the VFL

Plus its a pretty good standard as seen on the Saturday ABC telecasts.Its a shame that the MSM dont seem to want to write much about the current VFL.

Back