Roast Poor Attitude During Nab Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2006
Dreamland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Altona Vikings
See what you think after the Hawthorn game because we are a million to 1 to win that.

What i'm saying blessed is that the 2 situations are not the same, we are not comparing an apple to an apple in this situation and the situation last year in round 22 mate.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Your team was burnt out by finals last year. Obviously trying not to have the same thing happen again.

After the eagles beat us easily in the nab cup round one, a journo asked Lyon if he was worried. He said in 2010 or 2009, saints lost their last game by 80 points then won 20 games in a row. Dont stress, it was clearly a scratchie for the Pies and Adelaide knew it would be their best chance to play in a final this year :p

Sep 4, 2007
Melbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United, New York Knicks
Didn't I say he's A senior player?

Is he not?

He's not inexperienced. He came from another club, and has played enough senior games now. He may not be starting 22 but he IS a senior player.
Give me a break. Jarryd Blair has played more AFL games than Buckley ffs.

footscore

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
interesting read, gotta say...Collingwood couldn't give a rats arse about this preseason crap!

Buckley wouldn't even be one bit concerned behind doors as he and his coaching panel would be implementing a whole lot of different gaming styles during the course of the game from week to week.

1st half was good but anyone who was watching could clearly see they weren't going at it like they will in round 1.
The points mean nothing and this stuff is for experimenting only.
I don't think some of you should get to worried because I can remember my boys got thumped by St Kilda by about 50 or 60 points last years preseason as we rested a few seniors.
Collingwood just doing the same and at the same time allowing the youth to gain exposure.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
interesting read, gotta say...Collingwood couldn't give a rats arse about this preseason crap!

Buckley wouldn't even be one bit concerned behind doors as he and his coaching panel would be implementing a whole lot of different gaming styles during the course of the game from week to week.

1st half was good but anyone who was watching could clearly see they weren't going at it like they will in round 1.
The points mean nothing and this stuff is for experimenting only.
I don't think some of you should get to worried because I can remember my boys got thumped by St Kilda by about 50 or 60 points last years preseason as we rested a few seniors.
Collingwood just doing the same and at the same time allowing the youth to gain exposure.

You know it's a bad thread when a Cats supporter makes the most sense :p:thumbsu:

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
You play the way you train.

We will see Round 1 v Hawthorn who are looking for revenge.

All the players coming back like Tarrant et all will be underdone.

So time will tell.

See what you think after the Hawthorn game because we are a million to 1 to win that.

Dude you are way to concerned about 1 game. We need our guys firing come finals time, not round 1.

I'd rather drop a game here or there early and have our players fresh and ready to play come September then risk burning them out for a NAB Cup game or even round 1 for that matter.

Did last year teach you nothing?

footscore

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
You know it's a bad thread when a Cats supporter makes the most sense :p:thumbsu:

;)
Fasolo reminds me a hell of a lot like Menzel with that ability to take contested marks as well as kick the goals, gonna be a player to watch this year no doubt and I dunno about you Collingwood supporters but I'd seriously rate Sidebottom in your best 5 players at the club alongside Pendlebury, Swan, Cloke & Thomas....the guy has the complete game and his tackling and ability to run (usually gut running) off his opponent and find the ball in the forward line and kick the goals is 1st class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pennym

Senior List
Aug 18, 2009
mt eliza
AFL Club
Collingwood
this is so rediculous it is funny..it's a gloried practice match guys...I can just see bucks saying..go out have a decent run, get a deel for the contest and the ball,prsacice structures etc for a bit then back off...we don't need another injury like the Caff, particularly in a practice match!. I have faith in Bucks, he is a perfectionist, he demands perfection and a 100% committment....anyone who thinks that this is the standard he is setting for the real stuff is crazy... we are just slowing building into the season proper...take a chill pill guys and lets get a kick out of watching the crows and eagles bash the crap out of each other for the sake of a pirece of useless silverware...Go The Mighty Pies

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is all this panic a piss take or something?

While we were marching to our NAB Cup Premiership last year, this was also happening -
NAB Cup quarter final
26 February 2011
St.Kilda 1.15.7.106 df. Geel 1.6.6.51
... after which Geelong were absolutely flogged 135 to 51 by Port Adelaide this time last year.
Pies were unbeatable ... Geelong played like potential wooden spooners - even made Port Adelaide look great.

... then the real season started.

Maybe we've adopted Geelong's 2011 pre-season preparation - don't give a s**t about the NAB Cup result.

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I do think it's just best to take a deep breath here and have faith.

We are fielding teams with ten or more non top 22's - what does anyone expect, when we play teams fielding much more experienced squads.

We did win our first two, didn't lose the third by much, with a way less experienced team than Melbourne.

Tonight we travel to Adelaide and were never ever going to win that game with the chosen squads.

Adelaide played a strong team and are playing good footy this year.

We showed heaps in the first half.

Please don't unravel you doubters - and even if Hawks beat us which they well may.

I do understand you guys are all incredibly passionate supporters, but geez hold firm, it's the preseason trial matches to see what the kids have got, get the rust out of a few senior players here and there, and also year showed it's a very long season ahead.

Just keep perspective here seriously.

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha :)

Not really looking forward to that!

Long as we are up and going by Rd 16 or so, and hopefully done enough to be top 4 with no interstate team above us, I'll be very happy.

The posters in here telling everyone to stop overreacting, need to stop 'under-reacting'.

It's the not the losing that's the problem, it's the way it's happening that's bothering, well at least me right now anyway.

That defence more than anything looks particularly vulnerable. I pray this is just a case of the senior players being in CBF mode, but I'm seeing a distinct lack of structure and game plan which has to be genuinely concerning for anyone regardless of NAB Cup or not.

Well Sheppy I can be as negative or realistic as you like.

The fact is we don't have the depth of some other sides, being saying this for a while now.Top 28 or so & that's it. We've already lost Krak & Caff.

We have SOME promise but that is all ATM.

Defence looks vulnerable? Guess Taz, N. Brown won't make a difference to that side? Did Heater play? No.

The NAB cup is used for experimenting, while it may not have looked great, have you considered that Bucks was giving specific roles to players, damn the scoreline?

Then there is 2005 NAB, who won? Where did they finish in the regular season?

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looks like some of you might be able to put this to good use: :thumbsu:

Seriously though, we were going similarly poorly in our latter preseason games last year and we were having similar debates amongst ourselves about how we were traveling, but it turned out OK, as we started off the season wonderfully, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :thumbsu:

Nah, we got a new one and now we don't need it any more. You're most welcome to it.

PS- That Fasolo looks a bit of alright.

Nice edit dude, I was about to slam ya!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back