Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

I was shopping at JB a couple of weeks ago and this lady comes up to me and says "I know you don't work here but you look like you shop here a lot, could you tell me where Game of Thrones is?". So I end up helping out and pointing out where it is. You know the service is bad when you got people resorting to asking other customers for help.
Do you have multiple piercings, odd coloured hair and more tats than Angry Anderson by any chance?

Whoa, that "lady" is a campaigner. I work in a public library and pretty much every shift we get someone come in at the last minute wanting to get some books or a DVD. They don't even pretend to care or hurry when you tell them we are about to close.

Edit: I hope you didn't let her ruin your day. We just roll our eyes and laugh at them when they go.

To her credit she didn't know I was finishing in a couple of minutes as I hadn't put my sign up yet. But yeah, always get a full trolley load within moments of knocking off.

And nah, she didn't ruin anything. As I said, I was cheerful because I was about to finish!

:thumbsu: I just figure that people like that are just aholes and don't give them a second thought.
I always remember the nice customers though

The customer directly previous to the chick arriving as I was closing was the nicest customer I've ever had. Asked me how busy it had been, how my Christmas was, found out that we come from almost the same place in northern Victoria. Hopefully he comes in again.

My partner works at Coles so I get the near daily de-stressing when she gets home because of a-hole people she's served.

I shouldn't be surprised at the rudeness of people by now, but I still don't fully comprehend going out of your way to make a persons day as s**t as possible like some choose to. Its not the ones who come through being rude then leave, it's the ones who hang around demanding to see the manager because of some bullshit inane thing. Nothing better to do in life than cause drama. I genuinely detest those people.

My partner works at Coles so I get the near daily de-stressing when she gets home because of a-hole people she's served.

I shouldn't be surprised at the rudeness of people by now, but I still don't fully comprehend going out of your way to make a persons day as s**t as possible like some choose to. Its not the ones who come through being rude then leave, it's the ones who hang around demanding to see the manager because of some bullshit inane thing. Nothing better to do in life than cause drama. I genuinely detest those people.

'This item was marked at $3, not $3.50! God, can't you people do anything right?!'

'This item was marked at $3, not $3.50! God, can't you people do anything right?!'

I love the people with full trolleys trying to find a way out of the store without paying. Once the front end staff notice what's happening its gold seeing the person sweat bullets thinking their way through their criminal escapee options, before giving up, discarding the trolley and exiting the store.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My experiences at JBs have been a mixed bag, sometimes really good and helpful, other times really ******* clueless. Makes me believe that sometimes they do hire people based more on "fitting a look" than having the knowledge. Always been cheerful and apologetic about not knowing however, so never had a "bad experience", but gee, some of the things I ask are pretty basic.

Similar to you Spitta2Azza , when I worked in retail those ****ing pricks who would wander in at 5.25pm looking for a pair of runners when we closed at 5.30pm.

campaigners. ****ing campaigners.

Do not miss retail one bit. K maybe the discounts, that's it.

What discount did you get? We get 5%.

Our store is 24/7 so yeah the chick had every right to believe I wasn't about to finish. Should've put my sign up earlier.

What discount did you get? We get 5%.

Our store is 24/7 so yeah the chick had every right to believe I wasn't about to finish. Should've put my sign up earlier.

Cost price + 10%. So in effect was basically half price. I worked in a sports shop.

Today at the trade desk I was serving a bloke from the sub continent, while some guy waited behind him. There was an Aussie bloke behind him. There was a language barrier with me and the first guy but his English was ok enough that we ended up sorting it out. Before that though the old bloke behind just starts saying s**t like "******* Pakistanis" this and that for a bit. When the first guy goes to leave (a typical sub continental small build, quiet talking guy) he says "sorry you fat c**t, I'm actually Sri Lankan". I burst out laughing and didn't even bother stopping when I served said 'fat c**t'.

and when it says campaigner I mean C you n tee.

I was shopping at JB a couple of weeks ago and this lady comes up to me and says "I know you don't work here but you look like you shop here a lot, could you tell me where Game of Thrones is?". So I end up helping out and pointing out where it is. You know the service is bad when you got people resorting to asking other customers for help.

I get this a lot no matter the store (JB, Rebel Sport, Reject Shop - even the heavy dressed places like Harvey Norman lol). I actually got stopped in a book store the other day, I turn around and the person realised I didn't work there. Was a pretty funny moment.

Had a bitch of a customer tonight. Was 8:58, and finished at 9:00. Contemplated chucking my 'closed' sign up, but didn't, thinking I'd get a couple of people getting one or two things to occupy my final two minutes. Nope. Bitch arrives with trolley full to the brim, on the phone, and chucks me her own bag with about 30 other bags inside of it.

Pack it in quickly as I want to GTFO out of there. Put all the cold stuff in one bag. She finally gets off the phone halfway through, before she shrieks 'I have a cooler bag!'. Turns out I overlooked her bag for cold goods inside all of her other bags. I say sorry, and continue scanning. If you weren't being a rude prick on the phone you might have noticed and been able to tell me.

Finally got towards the end of her items. Just fruit and veg left. It's about 9:05 now, and she's got about $350 worth of stuff. Put the bananas at the bottom, before working my way up with more fragile, prone-to-be-squished items like tomatoes. Put a capsicum and broccoli on top of her tomatoes. She yanks the bag from my hands, and starts repacking them, telling me that her tomatoes will get squashed. She mutters 'unbelievable' under her breath. At this point I'm trying my best to be over-the-top cheery to her. She snatches the receipt from my hand and storms off, and I skip upstairs finished for the night.

People who bring their own bags to the checkout: GTFO.

I remember when I was 15 or something and working at Coles, I accidentally packed a frozen tray of lasagna at the bottom of a bag (but I put frozen peas etc on top or something) and the lady snatched the bag off me and unpacked everything and said to her kids "OH GREAT, NOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SQUASHED LASAGNA FOR DINNER". * she was a bitch. She also brought her own filthy meat-juice stained, smelly shopping bags.

Another time, I was serving this old bitch of a lady and asked her "Did you have fly buys?" again, I was like 15. She replied back with "Don't you mean DO you have flybuys?" I chuckled and said "yeah sorry" and then she goes "What do teachers teach all you kids these days?" and kept grumbling about whatever the * she was on about. Anyway this middle aged man behind her decided to step in and said to her "Why don't you leave her alone you slapper. Go back home to the loony bin!" It was hilarious. Great use of the word slapper.

I remember when I was 15 or something and working at Coles, I accidentally packed a frozen tray of lasagna at the bottom of a bag (but I put frozen peas etc on top or something) and the lady snatched the bag off me and unpacked everything and said to her kids "OH GREAT, NOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SQUASHED LASAGNA FOR DINNER". **** she was a bitch. She also brought her own filthy meat-juice stained, smelly shopping bags.

Another time, I was serving this old bitch of a lady and asked her "Did you have fly buys?" again, I was like 15. She replied back with "Don't you mean DO you have flybuys?" I chuckled and said "yeah sorry" and then she goes "What do teachers teach all you kids these days?" and kept grumbling about whatever the **** she was on about. Anyway this middle aged man behind her decided to step in and said to her "Why don't you leave her alone you slapper. Go back home to the loony bin!" It was hilarious. Great use of the word slapper.

Good on him. I've had many laughs with customers about crazy people that I've served directly prior to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back