Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

Was lining up at the local IGA today to buy a single apple for a snack and waiting patiently in the queue. Finally get to the checkout and the operator turns around and serves a woman who has come in to the front of the checkout to buy some smokes. I questioned why she did not make her line up like everyone else and the response was that she was only after a pack of smokes so I'm going to head in on Monday and walk around to the front of the queue with another single apple and see how I go getting the same service

Was lining up at the local IGA today to buy a single apple for a snack and waiting patiently in the queue. Finally get to the checkout and the operator turns around and serves a woman who has come in to the front of the checkout to buy some smokes. I questioned why she did not make her line up like everyone else and the response was that she was only after a pack of smokes so I'm going to head in on Monday and walk around to the front of the queue with another single apple and see how I go getting the same service

.....so this^^^...grrrr

jack-nicholson-anger-the-shining.gif

I always serve whoever's next, doesn't matter if they have a tube of Selley's or 8 different types of Timber. If Selley's dude asks Timber guy if he can go in front and Timber guy and he's ok with that then all good. If Selleys guy just expects me to serve him first then get stuffed.

I always serve whoever's next, doesn't matter if they have a tube of Selley's or 8 different types of Timber. If Selley's dude asks Timber guy if he can go in front and Timber guy and he's ok with that then all good. If Selleys guy just expects me to serve him first then get stuffed.
Yep I always let the customers sort it out themselves like that. I've only seen maybe two times where the customer with lots of shopping has said no to the person with one item going I front of them.

Had a lady today in the most busiest part of the day hold up the entire self serve queue because the two blocks of chocolate she served went through at $3.55 each, for a total of $7.10. She said that the price ticket said two for $7, so she made me chase it up which was difficult because of how busy it was. All over 10 ******* cents.
Wait a sec, this thread was about poor service retail? You are whinging because a customer rightly pulls you up on being overcharged? Who cares how much it is, they are entitled to pay the offered price. You must be taking the piss.

Had an old fart push in front of me one day, blatant as you like. Wanted to crack the c***'s skull.

Another time i was at the servo paying for fuel. Some old c*** behind me in the line starts waving his note over my shoulder in the direction on the guy serving. Gave the old bastard a serve and made him feel an inch tall.....c***.

This annoys this s**t out of me, smokers can wait in line like everyone else

This annoys this s**t out of me, smokers can wait in line like everyone else

I even feel a little awkward as a smoker when I stand here that the attendant is going to serve me before the customers who've been lining up for longer.

I'm not sure of the rule on this one, would make me feel a bit more comfortable.

Old people are the worst, they think it's their god given right to push in front be given special treatment. I get they've probably had enough of life itself, but some common courtesy would be nice.

Old people are the worst, they think it's their god given right to push in front be given special treatment. I get they've probably had enough of life itself, but some common courtesy would be nice.
How dare you speak ill of the elderly. They've earned the right to treat everybody else like s**t. Respect your elders. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've written of my growing hatred of the elderly previously but today I had a new experience. Was at a junior sporting carnival at Alberrt Park in Victoria. I bought a newspaper that I'd placed under my backpack on my seat and walked off to do an officials duty. Cam back, old people sitting in my spot reading my newspaper let it go for a little while thinking he won't be long, next minute the old bastard was ripping things out of my newspaper.

I've written of my growing hatred of the elderly previously but today I had a new experience. Was at a junior sporting carnival at Alberrt Park in Victoria. I bought a newspaper that I'd placed under my backpack on my seat and walked off to do an officials duty. Cam back, old people sitting in my spot reading my newspaper let it go for a little while thinking he won't be long, next minute the old bastard was ripping things out of my newspaper.

Why?

Didn't really want to carry on or cause a scene because he was reading "my paper", I'm not that precious.
When he started ripping bits out of it to take home though, thought that was a bit rude. He had his grandkids around him so even though he was a rude old bugger, didn't want to embarrass him around them.
No big loss, my missus had already bought the paper when I got home.

I even feel a little awkward as a smoker when I stand here that the attendant is going to serve me before the customers who've been lining up for longer.

I'm not sure of the rule on this one, would make me feel a bit more comfortable.
I'm wondering why you don't you jump in line (like everyone else) and ask for them when you get to your rightful turn at the checkout?

I think you have to buy cigarettes from the front counter in supermarkets. The same person serving people through the (typically) 8 items or less line will walk 2 metres to serve you at the front counter, but if you line up with the regular shoppers you can't/won't be served.

I haven't worked in a supermarket for nearly decades and I have never bought smokes, so I could be wrong on this.

I think you have to buy cigarettes from the front counter in supermarkets. The same person serving people through the (typically) 8 items or less line will walk 2 metres to serve you at the front counter, but if you line up with the regular shoppers you can't/won't be served.

I haven't worked in a supermarket for nearly decades and I have never bought smokes, so I could be wrong on this.

Think you are right and the whole set up is ****ed.

This old c***, like a lot of others - absolutely no regard for anyone. Should've pulled the bastard up on it. If it was a teenager would you have had a go?

BWAH>>>>where my paper...where my paper...we are killing ourselves reading this...funniest of the day!

QxP6gl7.gif

Think you are right and the whole set up is stuffed.

I seem to remember watching people go through the main till for their groceries and asking for a packet of Winnie Blues or whatever to be told they had to walk around and buy them separately.

One of those things that just pisses off the customer and the person serving them for not a whole lot of obvious benefit.

Customers that argue about prices :mad:

I lost count of the amount of times I told them to take the catalog with them to the counter and discuss it with those at the register. I have no power to give them a discount.

Also we don't sell fancy pants chocolates, want the expensive allergy free chocolate go to a specialty shop!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back