Religion Pope Francis: "many powerful people don't want peace because they live off war".

Remove this Banner Ad

It's tied up in land which they could easily liquidate and relocate elsewhere. Maybe then they could give that money to the poor they always pretend to care about.

They only 'earned' these assets through ill gotten gains anyway. And then use an avuncular figurehead to preach about caring for the poor. There's a word for such people: frauds.

Yeah that would be a smart move. Selling up let's say the Mercy Hospital a couple of St John of Gods would make so much sense.

How is it you're still so low in the scheme of life with genius ideas like that?

Yeah that would be a smart move. Selling up let's say the Mercy Hospital a couple of St John of Gods would make so much sense
I don't see how their ownership of churches and schools down the street from me in Vaucluse help the poor they pretend to be so concerned about.

How is it you're still so low in the scheme of life with genius ideas like that?
LMAO. Mate, you are involved with greyhound racing and live in rural Victoria. This ain't the stuff of the upper crust. :)

I don't see how their ownership of churches and schools down the street from me in Vaucluse help the poor they pretend to be so concerned about.

I don't see how the billions of dollars spent on foreign aid has improved anything for the poor either.

LMAO. Mate, you are involved with greyhound racing and live in rural Victoria. This ain't the stuff of the upper crust. :)

Well I dunno, have you ever spent 8k on a puppy?

Bet that amount pisses on what the "upper crust" spent on their pissant shitzu ;)

I don't see how the billions of dollars spent on foreign aid has improved anything for the poor either.

What's that have to do with the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church? But even so, have you ever wondered about the Catholic Church's position on foreign aid? They're for it.

Well I dunno, have you ever spent 8k on a puppy?

Bet that amount pisses on what the "upper crust" spent on their pissant shitzu ;)
Seems like a waste of money for something you shoot and bury in mass graves.

I've seen police, lawyers, judges, politicians, scientists and all that cover up their mates sex crimes, yet this thread is bound to attract at least one person who'll bring up sex crimes in the church. But that poster will keep their mouth shut about all the other crimes.

Is that person you?

Seems like a waste of money for something you shoot and bury in mass graves.

Seems you're clueless.

67k in prize money and 3 litters throwing 19 pups @ 4k+ a pup.

Smart investment.

I can see a theme....

---

People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another
Pope Francis
Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

“If you trust only men you have lost,” he told the young people in a longcommentary about war, trust and politics, after putting aside his prepared address.

“It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit of distrust, doesn’t it?” he said

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...apons-industry-cant-call-themselves-christian

I can see a theme....

---

People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another
Pope Francis
Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

“If you trust only men you have lost,” he told the young people in a longcommentary about war, trust and politics, after putting aside his prepared address.

“It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit of distrust, doesn’t it?” he said

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...apons-industry-cant-call-themselves-christian
I can see a theme too, do you want to post this drivel in *every* thread?

The Pope has even got the Greens quoting him in the senate re climate change. Throw in lovey comments about refugees and military industrial complex and he now has a whole legion of retweeters spreading his word. :thumbsu:

Bleat bleat.

If this guy doesn't have an 'untimely however completely natural' death sometime soon I'll be shocked. He's been pretty anti-establishment in quite a few of his speeches IIRC. I don't expect that will at all go down well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thread related to Catholicism will degenerate to this. Some of the stuff said on here has been said and re-said, and therefore should be just stipulated as the opinion of some posters.

To counterpoint, there is much of the Catholic Church's wealth that would be less valuable if held by someone other than the Catholic Church. Much of the relics and antiquities hold special value because of their relevance to the faith and its history. In the hands of others they would just be things.

Having said that, I understand why many on here think like they do. But to unravel this organisation which has done great harm but also does great good in the world at the moment (like health care and other forms of charity) would be extremely problematic. It's a moot point however, because that unraveling isn't ever going to happen. It's as unlikely as conferences in the AFL, or a 17 round season.

By all means, continue to pressure the church to change its stance on homosexuality or preventative birth control or women or celibacy or dealing with sexual abuse. But to call for the abolition of the Catholic Church is really just folly.

Why is that? Is it the vast wealth he controls? His hatred of homosexuality? His opposition to birth control, thus condemning the third world to poverty, disease and suffering? Which one?

Why is the pope greater than you?

Umm... He's got a better house than you do. More people like him than you. He has a bulletproof car.

How long you go?

If this guy doesn't have an 'untimely however completely natural' death sometime soon I'll be shocked. He's been pretty anti-establishment in quite a few of his speeches IIRC. I don't expect that will at all go down well.
This has gone through my mind a few times too, however he is an old man, who appears to be genuinely brave, compassionate, principled and vocal. He is not long for this world either way, and if he is killed he will be a martyr saint. Hopefully he isn't murdered in a sneaky way as you suggest, for this may slightly diminish his legacy as obviously he will have less time to deliver his messages, without the glory of martyrdom.

Why is the pope greater than you?

Umm... He's got a better house than you do. More people like him than you. He has a bulletproof car.

How long you go?
I don't think he does have a better house than me, mine is not grand, it is adequate for my needs there is no wasted space or expense. That is pretty good in my book.

Take my word for it
Interesting world view you have, I thought you were some sort of anti capitalist?

Although, I have to acknowledge that your posts are all over the shop, you're happy to throw your lot in with the Catholic Church, ISIS, the Taliban, pretty much any religiously aligned group ('cept, of course, the Jews...)

Interesting world view you have, I thought you were some sort of anti capitalist?

Although, I have to acknowledge that your posts are all over the shop, you're happy to throw your lot in with the Catholic Church, ISIS, the Taliban, pretty much any religiously aligned group ('cept, of course, the Jews...)

I can differentiate between the words that Papa FRANCISCUS - Miserando atque Eligendo says in recent speeches. And the church, Vatican City

The pure hatred of anyone with the misfortune to be old, white, male, Western, religious and (presumably) straight, is very, very, very strong in this thread.

Regardless of what they actually say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back