Universal Love Port Adelaide 2015 Bushfire Appeal and Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks, kick any scores?
From memory I remember him kicking 2 (sometimes I wasn't paying much attention :drunk:). But looking at the highlights it looks like he kicked at least 4.

If the get it. It goes to the emergency fund and they are not in an express hurry to distribute. It makes you think what they are doing with all the funds they are sitting on.
The Sanfl should be entitled to a fair bit of that money..... After all they did * all to raise any of it.

Who is going to start a counter and see how long the PAFC Bushfire Appeal Funds agreement takes?

Last edited:
C'mon Ford that's run of the mill stuff - any other up & comers for those of us hampered by distance?

Sorry I don't meet your exacting standards. ;)

Those were the players that caught my eye. Palmer, Austin, Frampton and Redden didn't play.

DBJ did some good things defensively, gave some good rebound on occasion.
Young showed a bit as usual, some good clearances, bit of dash, one memorable half volley that resulted in a goal.
Neade created a bit of buzz coming on and off the bench.

The others for me showed bits and pieces but nothing that leapt out at me. I did expect a bit more from Amon given all the pre-season talk.

charcolechaddy Wagner was wearing #43.

RangaInTeal was #25 Jon Ross? Whoever it was showed a bit in ruck. Competitive and some good movement around the ground.

Speaking of numbers, there were a few mismatches out there with Port's list. For example two #22s and neither was Mason Shaw as listed.

One player had no number, that was Howard as I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was nice to head down to Alberton, really should head down there much more often! Game was good, obviously being match sim it wasn't like a real game but lads showed enough that they will still be hot on the pace! Some of the overlap run through the middle was gorgeous! Amon showed a bit early for me, as well as Neade with his quick hands and link up all over the ground, just seems to be one of those players who finds themselves in the right spot a lot! As well as all the usual first 18 suspects! Would of liked to see more of the likes of Mitchell, Young etc those players on the edge looking to secure a first 22 spot regularly although its possible I just didnt seem them when they had it.... but boy oh boy did Paddy look good running around that forward line.... what a tough match up for any defender!

HLie2QM.png

I thought for an internal trial the skills looked a hell of a lot sharper than I can remember seeing at one before. Normally every 2nd kick is a turnover at these things but I thought they looked real good tonight.

A lot of the familiar heads played well. Boak, Gray, Ollie were great. Hammer did his thing. Lobbe was good in the ruck. Ryder :hearts: . Looked great out there, whether in the middle or up forward he was a boss. Not sure if I forgot about it but Polecs kicking had me rearranging my pants a couple of times. Great leg.

Wags was great. Inconsistent, but geez he has ridiculous pace and power behind him. Really hope he develops well in the SANFL this year. He could legitimately play AFL. Has the physical traits to do it.

Pittard I thought was really good. Hopefully he can go up another level this year. Butcher tried really hard and marked strongly. Led well. Took at least one good pack mark. Kicking was still a mixed bag though. I doubt it will ever change. Couple of helicopters that went through and one that went OOF at the southern end from about 25m out. Was great to see him attack the ball though.

Was disappointed by a few of the younger guys. Amon, AhChee (though he had a good last quarter), Clurey didnt really put their names in lights like I hoped they would. Harvey just lacks athleticism. Howard looked an interesting type. Good size about him, good leap, quite kick, especially at full pace. Something to work with for sure. Didnt notice much of Andrew Moore or Neade.

Kane Mitchell was another that impressed me. Seemed to be everywhere. Impey I thought was one of the best. Could be set for a big year. Physically bigger, more confident, great skills. Byrne-Jones seemed to be stuck playing on the KPFs all night. Was manning up on Ryder and Butcher for long periods. Sam Russell looked the best I'd seen him. Young looked impressive in the middle.

Kudos to Krakouer. Has completely transformed his body from the first time we saw him last year. Looks super fit.

Was less formal than the usual internal trials which have official umpires. This was just a couple of coaches with a whistle. A lot of goals that were kicked were followed by kick ins too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back