Universal Love Port Adelaide 2015 Bushfire Appeal and Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

The game was super congested with both sides running hard each way (modern football) but it was great to see that the guys mostly took the right options to work thru the traffic with a strong emphasis on short passing rather than bombs to a pack.

And just to top of the night nicely, third prize in the raffle i think. Logans match worn guernsey

Was that the Cheer Squad raffle? If so I think I drew the winning ticket for that. If so my birthday is Tuesday and I'll pm you my postal address ;)

2:30

Jakey is just a freak kicking to a leading forward. Maybe the match of Polec in that regard. This never seems to get talked about.
I did notice that when I watched the video just before. Also, I was re-watching our second game against Carlton last year a couple of days and was thinking that same thing.

I did notice that when I watched the video just before. Also, I was re-watching our second game against Carlton last year a couple of days and was thinking that same thing.

There was also a stunning laces-out pass to Robbie in the Freo SF. Which Robbie dropped. :p

Had a great time tonight, none of the 20-30 depth players really stood out to me except for p stewart who took some pretty handy marks and covering spoils down back.

Fos Williams talking about Russell Ebert once commented on Russell's power and the heaviness with which he ran. He mentioned Reg Beaufoy once said he would never get in Russell's way because he ran with a heaviness that carried him through other player's bodies. That's what Ollie Wines does to his opponents.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

I saw KT mingling with the masses just before the game started, I was like "KTTTTT!!" and he looks over with a massive smile and claps his hands together and goes "gee it's good to be back isn't it?"

I had taken along two people from China who had never seen AFL footy before (and some others who I have secured on the bandwagon) , after this exchange with KT I go "so...that's our CEO. As you can see, he is pretty casual."

They were all blown away by the level of mingling by our great KT, he even sat down with some groups of people at the port club after the match. He is a god among men, seriously what a champ.

I saw KT mingling with the masses just before the game started, I was like "KTTTTT!!" and he looks over with a massive smile and claps his hands together and goes "gee it's good to be back isn't it?"

I had taken along two people from China who had never seen AFL footy before (and some others who I have secured on the bandwagon) , after this exchange with KT I go "so...that's our CEO. As you can see, he is pretty casual."

They were all blown away by the level of mingling by our great KT, he even sat down with some groups of people at the port club after the match. He is a god among men, seriously what a champ.

are you seriously based in russia?

The guy that impressed me the most - was not BOG or anything like that because the guns played to their normaly high standard - but I had NFI who he was and assumed a Sanfl player was #22 in white who Matthew Richardson late in the last quarter told me was Luke Reynolds. He is very clean and has a great left foot - didnt see him miss a target. He spent last year on Carlton's rookie list. Keep an eye out for him with the Magpies. Wouldnt be surprised if the Burgo Kern double act produce another Krakouer type rebirth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the answer is no. seeing as there is no such thing anymore

Don't tell Vladimir Putin that. He will nuke your ass. Then he will invade it. Believe me you don't want Vladimir Putin in your glow in the dark ass.

In line waiting for autographs(which i bailed on) and i think Boaks mum and people she knows wanted to see if they could get in and KT let them in and the security guard said something like "there are 400 people waiting in line ya know" , classic casual KT as always just smiled and said "no this lovely lady is always welcome , its ok mate " , i wanted to get in that guys face but then commonsense kicked , so i just looked at him mean lol, could not believe he did not get angry with the bloke , just as cool as i remember him

ahhh good old vlad. im suprised he isnt sporting a Stalin moustache
putin-on-a-horse.jpg

I ride like the Cossack. I fear no man. But keep that crazy *er Wines away from me.

Fos Williams talking about Russell Ebert once commented on Russell's power and the heaviness with which he ran. He mentioned Reg Beaufoy once said he would never get in Russell's way because he ran with a heaviness that carried him through other player's bodies. That's what Ollie Wines does to his opponents.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

Reg Beaufoy, there is a blast from the past, built like a brick outhouse, could bust a pack wide open, and then tonk the ball into outer space.
Went well before his time ( early 30's ) from heart trouble, could have been anything, but wouldn't have played many games with Russell Ebert, he retired in Russell's first year, 1968.

Reg Beaufoy, there is a blast from the past, built like a brick outhouse, could bust a pack wide open, and then tonk the ball into outer space.
Went well before his time ( early 30's ) from heart trouble, could have been anything, but wouldn't have played many games with Russell Ebert, he retired in Russell's first year, 1968.

Russell made an impression.

In line waiting for autographs(which i bailed on) and i think Boaks mum and people she knows wanted to see if they could get in and KT let them in and the security guard said something like "there are 400 people waiting in line ya know" , classic casual KT as always just smiled and said "no this lovely lady is always welcome , its ok mate " , i wanted to get in that guys face but then commonsense kicked , so i just looked at him mean lol, could not believe he did not get angry with the bloke , just as cool as i remember him

Every family day the casual legend seems to get bigger and bigger, just how casual is this guy? Are there even limits to his casualness?

Every family day the casual legend seems to get bigger and bigger, just how casual is this guy? Are there even limits to his casualness?

Not even Professor Brian Cox can answer that question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back