Universal Love Port Adelaide 2015 Bushfire Appeal and Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

I've known a few people to be surprised how tall Ollie is.

Fevola was 191cm which is pretty average and people tend to think he was much taller. Ollie is 187, so hardly much shorter!

Fos Williams talking about Russell Ebert once commented on Russell's power and the heaviness with which he ran. He mentioned Reg Beaufoy once said he would never get in Russell's way because he ran with a heaviness that carried him through other player's bodies. That's what Ollie Wines does to his opponents.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

Great way to describe Russell - the brute strength and pack busting prowess of Ollie and the magic with ball in hands qualities of Robbie.

It's all relative isn't it.

When the endless CHF debates wax and wane, you still get people who bristle when I say Dermott Brereton (186cms) would be a rich man's Aaron Hamill today, whereas the likes of Tredders (194cms) would've been an elite power forward in any era.
I'm bristling really hard ... Dermie was a champion player. He would still dominate at AFL in todays era.

Fevola was 191cm which is pretty average and people tend to think he was much taller. Ollie is 187, so hardly much shorter!

I guess it's because Ollie is the human cube. He's as wide as he is tall! :D

Okay here we go nataliekate . Kind of embarrassingly poor quality, but it proves that the leftover labradoodle isn't in a closet and is just having fun on a slip n' slide

78ZQ0XR.gif
For posterity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back