Strategy Port Adelaide International Partnership: Hong Kong Football Club & AusKick HK

Remove this Banner Ad

The above eye-catch pic appeared on the front page of the CITY section in last Saturday's South China Morning Post.

The article linked at the start of this thread appeared on C14 - the front page of the SPORTS section.

The headline on the print copy read:
LEGEND EBERT SHARES NUGGETS OF WISDOM
Port Adelaide stalwart seals agreement with HKFC on Auskick scheme

The text of the article is the same as the on-line version.
So is the caption to the photo of the three Port heroes: Russell, Tom Logan and new recruit
Tom JONES.

Absolutely fantastic having club legends still actively involved with Port, you just cannot put a price on that. Thank you Russell.

It's one of those leading indicators that the club is in a good place again.

From World Footy News
Port Adelaide creating ties with Hong Kong

The South China Morning Post has reported on Port Adelaide Football Club legend Russell Ebert in Hong Kong to set up ties with the Hong Kong Dragons Hong Kong Football Club. Ebert has signed a reciprocal deal on behalf of Port Adelaide with the Dragons which will be beneficial to their Auskick programme, which currently boasts 300 kids. Click here to read the original article.
20131002064623406_1.jpg

Thomas Jonas, Russell Ebert and Tom Logan with the Auskick kids:thumbsu:
Source

From World Footy News

The South China Morning Post has reported on Port Adelaide Football Club legend Russell Ebert in Hong Kong to set up ties with the Hong Kong Dragons. Ebert has signed a reciprocal deal on behalf of Port Adelaide with the Dragons which will be beneficial to their Auskick programme, which currently boasts 300 kids. Click here to read the original article.
20131002064623406_1.jpg

Source

I like this, not a stinkin' cow jumper anywhere :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way to go LR. I find it very impressive that they have an Auskick program with 300 kids... obviously a lot of expats in Hong Kong! It saddens me that there isn't anything here for juniors at all.

Way to go LR. I find it very impressive that they have an Auskick program with 300 kids... obviously a lot of expats in Hong Kong! It saddens me that there isn't anything here for juniors at all.

Can you introduce "Aussie rules on ice"? It is a winter sport.

A lot of Canadians are getting into rugby (see Pyke, Mike) and the TSN network that broadcasts AFL in Canada started showing two games a round rather then just one this year. Not sure how PAFC would set up a partnership here but there's fertile soil to work with...

A lot of Canadians are getting into rugby (see Pyke, Mike) and the TSN network that broadcasts AFL in Canada started showing two games a round rather then just one this year. Not sure how PAFC would set up a partnership here but there's fertile soil to work with...

The problem is that the general populace of Canada doesn't realise that Aussie Rules and rugby are different sports...

The problem is that the general populace of Canada doesn't realise that Aussie Rules and rugby are different sports...

When I went to the USA and spoke to people about Aussie Football, the first response was always:
"Oh, you mean rugby?"

love it

I am sure there are plenty of things australians don't understand about our canadian friends.

From World Footy News

The South China Morning Post has reported on Port Adelaide Football Club legend Russell Ebert in Hong Kong to set up ties with the Hong Kong Dragons Hong Kong Football Club. Ebert has signed a reciprocal deal on behalf of Port Adelaide with the Dragons which will be beneficial to their Auskick programme, which currently boasts 300 kids. Click here to read the original article.
20131002064623406_1.jpg

Source

Did Logan have a stroke or something?

LR you might have made the Advertiser. In the following story in yesterday's paper about players R&R in the off season, they had several photos of players from both SA clubs travelling around the globe.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-home-and-abroad/story-fnia3v71-1226738564269

The on line story only has one of the 4 of the Port boys at a Giants game in NY. But there is one of the two Tom's eating lunch in HK wearing white Sombreros. There is a bloke with in the middle of them standing with a hat on as well.

It's this photo from The Hitman's twitter page. I assume that's you LR assisting the boys loading up on carbs. ;)

https://twitter.com/twjonas42
  1. Tom Jonas@twjonas42 27 Sep
    Doing it tough this wknd in Hong Kong with t-shirt @tomlogan44 & Russel Ebert promoting AFL. #HKdragons pic.twitter.com/gjR1UV3dBj

BVJTyEFCMAEX-TA.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back