List Mgmt. Port Adelaide list management

Remove this Banner Ad

You know who has a couple of season left in him and could help us at chf for a tilt at the premiership..Nick Riewoldt...he could be handy and could be tempted i reckon..

You know who has a couple of season left in him and could help us at chf for a tilt at the premiership..Nick Riewoldt...he could be handy and could be tempted i reckon..

This has been bought up at least twice this year, check the draft and trading thread.
It'll never happen. If he was going to leave them he would have done so already.

It keeps getting brought up and I highly doubt it will happen. Reiwoldt is finished, hardly trains and gets fluid pumped out of his knee every game. Had a really good start to the year but has slowed since then. He said on afl game day that he does the main session every week but that's it, will struggle for another season

Josh Glenn did not nominate last year and would be seen as a flight risk to many interstate teams which would decrease his draft value. He does seem to fit Adelaide's needs so it is likely they would choose him.

Yeah dunno about that. They've already got Smith, Brown, Jaensch, Laird, Martin, Henderson as that back flanker type. Not sure they need him any more than we do.

I watched him on the footy show tonight and i have no doubt he will finish a one club player based on his loyalty to the saints.

Sorry to intrude guys, but would a Griffen + 2nd rounder for Shaw + 3rd/4th rounder be fair? I know a lot on this board don't rate Griff, but the guy can play, he would have played all year last year if it had not been for him doing his knee.

Griffin for a 3rd is probably fair. There's no way we'd trade Shaw unless he tells us he wants out, but if he does I still think we'd want your first given that Freo look like finishing top 2 so your second will be nearly pick 40. More likely to be something like Griffin + Freo's 1st for Shaw + Port's 2nd in that scenario.

Sorry to intrude guys, but would a Griffen + 2nd rounder for Shaw + 3rd/4th rounder be fair? I know a lot on this board don't rate Griff, but the guy can play, he would have played all year last year if it had not been for him doing his knee.

That sounds about right to me but would be dependant on Shaw demanding a trade home and probably also on us not being unable to land either Lycett or Gorringe.

I think most of us are hoping we trade in a guy like Griffen if we can't snag one of the younger rucks mentioned above.

Griffin for a 3rd is probably fair. There's no way we'd trade Shaw unless he tells us he wants out, but if he does I still think we'd want your first given that Freo look like finishing top 2 so your second will be nearly pick 40. More likely to be something like Griffin + Freo's 1st for Shaw + Port's 2nd in that scenario.
We wouldn't give up our first for a bloke who was drafted in the second round and hasn't played a game.

Any chance you will shop Butcher around? I wouldn't mind him at melbourne as a forward option, think he is better than what he has shown in the last two years. Port don't seem to have a lot of KPP depth though.

Any chance you will shop Butcher around? I wouldn't mind him at melbourne as a forward option, think he is better than what he has shown in the last two years. Port don't seem to have a lot of KPP depth though.

There are a lot of factors that come into play.

If Redden stays fit, if we can land Lycett, how fast Shaw and Harvey progress in the next year or 2, If Schulz can play for more than 2-3 years, Do we draft anyone else?

If yes, then we could possibly trade Butcher at the end of next year if he doesn't click for us.
But that's if Ken Hinkley doesn't want to use him as a KPD as a last ditch effort.

Certainly not this year still working though getting his body right and confidence up. We still hold hope.

We wouldn't give up our first for a bloke who was drafted in the second round and hasn't played a game.

That trade also had you getting overs for Griffin, but if that's how you feel, don't take him. We used pick 30 on Shaw, his value hasn't gone down after he has two years of development into him and he's smashing the SANFL. I'd rather he was sent to the PSD than let go for pick 40 or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade also had you getting overs for Griffin, but if that's how you feel, don't take him. We used pick 30 on Shaw, his value hasn't gone down after he has two years of development into him and he's smashing the SANFL. I'd rather he was sent to the PSD than let go for pick 40 or so.
Griff is a proven AFL ruckman, Shaw is an unknown at this stage.

So is any player taken at pick #18 although Shaw has added 20 Kg, can run all day and is a proven goal kicker. In an open draft, he'd probably go around pick #18, if not earlier. No chance he'd last until the 30's.

So is any player taken at pick #18 although Shaw has added 20 Kg, can run all day and is a proven goal kicker. In an open draft, he'd probably go around pick #18, if not earlier. No chance he'd last until the 30's.
I'm just stating that it doesn't matter if he has 2 years of development in him, he is still yet to debut and wouldn't be worth more then pick 30 on the open market. Obviously he would be worth more to you but if he did want to go home a trade would have to be enitiated though and you wouldn't get what he's worth to you.

Jarrad Waite will be 32 next year. He'd probably want to retire/be delisted as a one club player, father-son etc...but would he be worth a rookie contract? I have no idea why I'm suggesting this because the guy has no discipline but he's going alright tonight...

No need to convince us, this is an opinion forum. You ask a question, we respond and you get a rough gauge what others in another state feel. It's not Bali where you barter down our opinion of OUR answer to YOUR question, you may be better off talking to yourself if that's what you're after.

no way not happening Shaw > Griffen based on age and upside potential and club needs.

I can't see us recruiting Griffin. He doesn't meet the age criteria. Find someone younger who can be developed as part of the team for several years. Pass.

Any trade for Gorringe will depend on Nicholls re-signing for Gold Coast. They won't trade them both. (there has been a bit of talk about Nicholls being interested in a trade to a Melbourne based club)

would you consider Waite on a 1 year contract at about $300,000, pick him up as a delisted free agent, cost you nothing in the draft but good backup if needed, could be a good fill-in while waiting for Butcher, Shaw & Harvey to get there game together. I also think he would suit Hinkley's style of play. I mean at the end of the day would you rather have Waite on your list or AhChee, he might be a list clogger but you could do a lot worse

If we're not going to chase a genuine quality tall who will cost a mint then wait and see who is delisted by other clubs. Even a Josh Walker type (apologies to those who rate him) who hasn't shown much might go alright to help set up a forward structure.

The real young talent on our list lies with Harvey and Shaw who might be ready to go next year but being young bodies in a demanding position could do with rest and/or support from a more experienced player. And an older player might still come good (enough) as a late developing tall.

Watching the Port v North game last week I thought even Alan Obst would have added something to our forward line as a tall option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back