List Mgmt. Port Adelaide list management

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a 1 year contract? Hmm... Should have been 2.
Contract extension critic Portia disagrees, probably

Why would we give 2 years to a guy who hasn't strung double figure consecutive games together at AFL level and whose body may not make it?

Ports defensive six were poor against Freo - the careers of Logan, Stevenson and Heath may not be over just yet.

I think Redden would have been happy with a one year contract. His value would be at an all time low at the moment. If he has a injury free year and shows his true ability then he can push for a much bigger contract. If he has another bad year with injury then he would get another year on a low wage.

Yea Redden is another guy who you hope gets on the park and kills it but may be just as likely to never play again.

So it seems a rough consensus for:

Delist: Hitchcock, Renouf, Stevenson, +/- Heath, (Cassisi)

Maybes: Ah Chee, Logan

Trade possibilities: Newton, Moore, ?Mitchell

Rookie upgrade: ?Mitchell

Yea Redden is another guy who you hope gets on the park and kills it but may be just as likely to never play again.

So it seems a rough consensus for:

Delist: Hitchcock, Renouf, Stevenson, +/- Heath, (Cassisi)

Maybes: Ah Chee, Logan

Trade possibilities: Newton, Moore, ?Mitchell

Rookie upgrade: ?Mitchell
I thin you have probably nailed it, but I still thin we need to retain Stevenson/Logan - our backs need to have pressure on their spots after last week. Stevo is an underrated player.

What do people think about Neade or Pittard up for trade? I'll preface this with I am a fan of both players and would rather they stay. Just throwing up a suggestion for discussion considering we may need to offer players for some of the KPFs/Rucks we are chasing.

Both have worth, were high picks, have improvement to come but have some question marks over them. We have cover for their spots and they are replaceable. They are probably in that handful of players we could lose without costing us significantly - although Pittard has come a long way this year.

What do people think about Neade or Pittard up for trade? I'll preface this with I am a fan of both players and would rather they stay. Just throwing up a suggestion for discussion considering we may need to offer players for some of the KPFs/Rucks we are chasing.

Both have worth, were high picks, have improvement to come but have some question marks over them. We have cover for their spots and they are replaceable. They are probably in that handful of players we could lose without costing us significantly - although Pittard has come a long way this year.
The two could be part of deals for sure but - it all depends on the balance of the deal. Who wins... what would we gain... both are dispensable for sure.

In regards to Pittard and the bolded, do we?

What kind of depth do we have for neade? Hitchcock? In all seriousness though I don't really know any clubs that need a small pressure forward like neade off the top of my head. Pittard on the other hand is extremely tradable. As long live stated those players but if we lose him there are some highly rated and quality flankers in the draft. Harrison Wigg who is pretty much sam colqhoun 2 and Josh Glenn who is mature aged from central districts, could slot in round 1 and is tipped to be available around our second pick both sa boys or could go duggan with our first but he is a vic metro stay home type I think.

Leverde also around our first pick and can play as midfielder/ half back flank.

We have three dedicated crumbers: Neade, Amon and Hitchcock. Maybe Gray also. But we have plenty of midfielder/forwards and I think, with another tall in, Neade will struggle to get a game. But you are right that his trade value is uncertain.

Will just say again they seem like great lads and would very much prefer to keep them. Purely for discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey. Neade is still 19 or only just turned 20 and Amon even younger, barely out of high school. They are there for a reason and the fact Neade already has games under his belt and quality games at that is a bonus.

One must remember that even Gray was only getting games here and there at the same age.

Neade would get us a 3rd rounder at best - not sure that's really worth it, in the overall scheme of things.

Neade is coming off a solid match against Sydney (2 goals), a ripping match against Carlton (3 goals) and a disappointing outing against Fremantle.

Even gun young players experience problems maintaining consistency at AFL level. Neade has produced on the big stage. He has huge upside and he is only 19-20 years of age.

Give it a rest!

Pittard wont be going anywhere... Ken loves him as a player lol

If we're looking at KPFs the calibre of Cameron and Walker, be prepared to feel the pain of losing a player or two that you love.

Walker will be a free agent!

A restricted free agent.

Good call.

Offer him a packet and when the Crows are forced to match, they're hamstrung in terms of keeping Dangermouse and targeting anyone new. And if they don't match we get the missing piece of the puzzle.

It's win win.

Heard Ken on the radio this morning he indicated he would love Walker, Ken should get what Ken wants, write the cheque Kochie!

Regardless of what it costs, it would be worth it to hear the whining from west lakes.

Walker would be nice but his life would become a nightmare from vindictive crowies and it would have an impact on his game for a year or two.

Last edited:
He's actually a pretty nice guy so he would probably find it hard, 2 games a year would really test his resolve. Still worth the chat though I reckon.

I would imagine the chat would be with his manager. Tex would be sitting in the corner playing with the blocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back