Autopsy Port Adelaide this Friday - Now post match discussion (for gluttons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Butcher is in trouble. He had no eyes for the footy. His only intention was to take Sylvia out of the play and stop him from marking. His actions cost Sylvia 6 weeks of footy. Players have a duty of care to each other these days.

Just saw it for the first (5) time(s) :p

Seems like Butcher was either going for the man or grossly misjudged the flight of the ball. Either way, one was going back and the other forward. MRP Law would say that's a week or two out, especially because of the force with which Butcher hit him.

I reckon Butcher is in trouble. He had no eyes for the footy. ...

Just saw it for the first (5) time(s) :p

Seems like Butcher was either going for the man or grossly misjudged the flight of the ball. ... especially because of the force with which Butcher hit him.
Maybe my eyes are too black & white (&teal) as I cannot see either of the above. At the 00:09 second mark they were both running in looking at the ball and the only contact I can see at the 00:10 second mark is an arm chop of sorts (at the same time he also seems to make contact with the ball) and not a body contact. Unfortunately Sylvia is off balance and lands on his back.

Like I have said before in this thread hopefully Sylvia makes a speedy recovery. He is a very good courageous player and would love to have him on our list. :thumbsu:

Maybe my eyes are too black & white (&teal) as I cannot see either of the above. At the 00:09 second mark they were both running in looking at the ball and the only contact I can see at the 00:10 second mark is an arm chop of sorts (at the same time he also seems to make contact with the ball) and not a body contact. Unfortunately Sylvia is off balance and lands on his back.

Like I have said before in this thread hopefully Sylvia makes a speedy recovery. He is a very good courageous player and would love to have him on our list. :thumbsu:

Don't forget about the rose coloured glasses you're wearing too.

Don't forget about the rose coloured glasses you're wearing too.
Magenta perhaps (Port's colour in 1900 or there abouts), but not rose. ;)

Maybe my eyes are too black & white (&teal) as I cannot see either of the above. At the 00:09 second mark they were both running in looking at the ball
??

Watched the video over and over and can't see this at all. At no time when you see Butcher running towards Sylvia is he looking at the ball, he is looking directly at Sylvia (obviously to try and judge when Sylvia goes up for the mark so he can try and spoil it).

??

Watched the video over and over and can't see this at all. At no time when you see Butcher running towards Sylvia is he looking at the ball, he is looking directly at Sylvia (obviously to try and judge when Sylvia goes up for the mark so he can try and spoil it).

How is that reportable though?

Thanks guys for the link. Only just had a look. At first i thought he was trying to spoil. Then had another look and butcher not looking at the ball. Was a reckless act and will be wearing some time for it.

Butcher should go - had no intent for the football just to take opposition player out.

On another matter, do you think Neeld has had a few sleepless nights since taking over the reigns, along the lines of "what the hell have I got myself into"?

Don't worry about celebrating wins, how can he instill a absolute hatred of losing?

Re: Port Adelaide this Friday - Now Game Day thread

A 40+ pt loss to Port Adelaide.

Someone remind me why I forked out for a membership this year? It's not a heartening start.

The worst part from your perspective would have to be that we/Port played pretty poorly in general. Our skills in particular were really poor. Butcher alone dropped 5 marks inside F50, not to mention all the other dropped marks around the ground Including several in our D50. However our midfield just smashed yours regardless of all our fumbling and bad decisions, they still just managed to control play. The scoreline was certainly flattering for you guys. Either your players didn't care or they came over expecting it to be easy. Either way I have a soft spot for the underdogs trying to climb back up like Rich and Melb and I hope that wasn't an indication of your season otherwise you'd be destined for 17th.

On a positive note I just wanted to come on here and comment about Clark because I haven't seen enough positivity about Clark but wow. He seriously monstered the forward line in that last quarter, that was seriously as good of a performance from a forward when it comes to marking inside 50 as I've seen in a quarter since Tredrea's prime or maybe some of Pavlich's games. You guys have traded well there and he is certainly going to add something to your side. If he wasn't kicking into such a blustery and awkward wind in that last quarter I think he would've ended with 6-7. That sort of performance also must boost his confidence for the season ahead.

Re: Port Adelaide this Friday - Now Game Day thread

The worst part from your perspective would have to be that we/Port played pretty poorly in general. Our skills in particular were really poor. Butcher alone dropped 5 marks inside F50, not to mention all the other dropped marks around the ground Including several in our D50. However our midfield just smashed yours regardless of all our fumbling and bad decisions, they still just managed to control play. The scoreline was certainly flattering for you guys. Either your players didn't care or they came over expecting it to be easy. Either way I have a soft spot for the underdogs trying to climb back up like Rich and Melb and I hope that wasn't an indication of your season otherwise you'd be destined for 17th.
Do you work for 5aa?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back