Port Adelaide vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Time to move on from last weekend's debacle and focus on the future:

The Magpies take on the Crows/Ravens @ Alberton on Sunday looking to cement a top 3 spot on the SANFL ladder.
There will be a heap of exciting talent on show. 2014 draftees Austin, Frampton, Howard and Palmer will play their first game together.
I urge everyone who is available to get to Alberton to cheer on our players. I for one can't wait.

478488-9b1d0500-79f6-11e4-af6e-cd6ad31dcd05.jpg

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-06-22/maggies-host-crows-at-alberton-on-sunday

S1414_neadeaction_hero_620X370.jpg

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-06-22/maggies-host-crows-at-alberton-on-sunday

Injury list news:
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-06-22/injury-update-round-12

Edit. From the club's membership email:
Power stars will be on the ground at half time to run a kick and catch session with the kids and to sign autographs. Bring the family down to the game to have a kick with Robbie Gray, Brad Ebert, Hamish Hartlett, Matt Lobbe, Justin Westhoff, Matt White and Mason Shaw!

Alipate Carlile will also be challenging supporters to the EnergyAustralia Power Kick at half time - make sure you're there to take him on!
upload_2015-6-26_8-34-25.png

Last edited:
Would be great to see Harvey make a big statement as well as Byrne-Jones providing a lot of run off half back.

Our defence looks to be pretty solid with the likes of Butcher(unless up fwd), O'Shea(unless in midfield), Austin, Masters, Logan, Byrne-Jones and Russell (potentially 1 or 2 of Stewart/Jonas/Clurey too).

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
No excuse for crows fans, they do get in free.

I can't wait, I'll be there sitting on the outer wing in front of the dad's army bar.

Really looking forward to seeing Frampton live. Would be hoping to see Young dominate, Neade to play 4 qtrs and the dream scenario is that Harvey comes out and plays a blinder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Maybe. Last time it appeared like 98% Port supporters, not exaggerating. I wonder if that many will come this time.

IIRC the old 'fear' factor was used to explain that remaining 2% of the crowd.
Over the last few years the only time things got a bit edgy was last year when we played Sturt.
The heat was coming from them too,not us
Hope I'm wrong but will be surprised if many tingles customers show up

Port website Preview

I am curious about this form line

THIS YEAR
Port Adelaide: WWLLWWWWW v WWLWWWWL Adelaide Crows

Seeing as the crows have won one game.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Show me the way to get to Alberton as Frampton comes alive!

Liked what I saw v Westies. Only his 2nd game and not a lot of touches but hey I'm easily pleased
especially when it comes to our new recruits.
One of our regular posters said a few weeks back that within the club Dougal Howard was seen as the most promising.
If thats the case then brilliant coz Austin and Palmer are coming along nicely so Dougal maybe the something special
we hope for in all our recruits.

A big :thumbsu: to our talent spotters especially given how late our picks were after the Ryder trade.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Liked what I saw v Westies. Only his 2nd game and not a lot of touches but hey I'm easily pleased
especially when it comes to our new recruits.
One of our regular posters said a few weeks back that within the club Dougal Howard was seen as the most promising.
If thats the case then brilliant coz Austin and Palmer are coming along nicely so Dougal maybe the something special
we hope for in all our recruits.

A big :thumbsu: to our talent spotters especially given how late our picks were after the Ryder trade.
Like Colquhoun, a player who was mentioned by some of the websites or phantom draft gurus as a mid-range draft pick but was still there much later. There are others who were ignored and have succeeded, most noticeably Priddis who was rookie draft. Priddis was ignored in the previous three national drafts.

port always

All Australian
Mar 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In the mix a bit puzzling/...I thought If you layer the last afl game before the bye you couldn't drop back to the maggies for obvious reasons

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In the mix a bit puzzling/...I thought If you layer the last afl game before the bye you couldn't drop back to the maggies for obvious reasons

I thought exactly the same thing, ie anyone who played in the last AFL game can't be selected for the Maggies until they are omitted from the Power, and they can't be omitted until the team to play the swans is chosen.

Edit

I don't know who Steph Say ( the author of In The Mix ) is, but they clearly don't know the rules governing the transfer of players between the Power and Maggies.

Last edited:

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
IN Amon, Stewart, Austin, Gray, Clurey, A Young OUT Krakouer, Moore, Mitchell, Ah Chee (AFL R12):

austin, frampton, howard, palmer in the same side...... nice

Sep 7, 2014
Port Lincoln Power
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IN Amon, Stewart, Austin, Gray, Clurey, A Young OUT Krakouer, Moore, Mitchell, Ah Chee (AFL R12):

austin, frampton, howard, palmer in the same side...... nice
Yes with the Power having the bye this week, it would be the perfect week to head to Alberton to watch our young players smash the baby cows. I can't even watch it on tv this weekend due to work. :(

Does anyone know if you can watch replays of the televised sanfl games?

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Yes with the Power having the bye this week, it would be the perfect week to head to Alberton to watch our young players smash the baby cows. I can't even watch it on tv this weekend due to work. :(

Does anyone know if you can watch replays of the televised sanfl games?

It will probably be on 7 or 72/73 so rec it. Its what I'll be doing as well as going to the game.
I usually stand with the cheer squad and therefore only get a really good view of the Northern 1/2 of play.
Today will be especially interesting with all of our new recruits this year playing for the 1st time together at Alberton.
As for Wal$h coming to Alberton today he may not be allowed in, under the 'tit twiddling' act.
There are plenty of minors at our games after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back