2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 9 @ Alberton

Sunday 8th of June 2:10pm

Renouf and Heath most likely out for the season.
Johansen still 5 weeks away due to State Under 18's.

Russell and Stevenson are both a 50/50 prospect to return to this game in 2 weeks.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shouldn't they have a few weeks in the 2's to get fitness back?
Mason Shaw and Campbell Heath came straight in. I think there's a bit of "throw 'em in the deep end" attitude at the moment with an expectation that the rest of the team can take up any slack if needed. Considering 2 of the last 3 matches have been played with virtually half to 3 quarters without a bench (and still able to win), this is probably feasible.

AJJPAFC

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC SANFL
Don't quote me on this. But I think AFL listed players have to play seniors. Otherwise I assume someone like Flynn wouldn't have played in the Maggie's first week back.

For our AFL listed players the Maggies are the 2s - yes there has been a slight need for mental readjustment there for a number of us.

PA1870

Senior List
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't quote me on this. But I think AFL listed players have to play seniors. Otherwise I assume someone like Flynn wouldn't have played in the Maggie's first week back.
Correctomundo...I think.

On another note, should we get out our money tins and rattle them in their faces as they did to us during the early 2000's?
I remember a group of their supporters pinged 5c pieces at us at an Adelaide Oval night game during the same time.
Of course, we won't but PAFC don't forget...:D
How are they travelling financially these days?

We can put a request to the SANFL to ask for a player to play in the SANFL reserves but unless its a real special case (like a player coming back from 12 months off mid season for eg.) then it would be declined.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The sanfl want us bottom in their league. The rule to not allow an afl listed player to return via the reserves is not for any other reason but to supposedly keep our league side as weak as possible. Sure, afl listed players should not languish in the reserves but the rule should still not be there. This rule is not there to help Port. Take yourself back to the time when we were only an sanfl club, we would at some stages feel the need to drop a player eligible for the league side down to the amatuers for form or discipline. This would happen, it did happen. Our club has the right to have fluidity amongst its own ranks.

I want us fit and firing against Centrals. Their board didn't acknowledge Port's proposal. You may be against an idea but as professionals you must give due consideration to something that influences your club's future. 'Professional' is the key word.

neecue50

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
just has a good laugh , i read the crow thread , and they are crowing because they beat our kids in the game yesterday , saying things like our bubble has burst ,

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The rules stipulate that all afl listed players must play in the Magpies league side unless a special application by the club is lodged but it will only be 'considered' under 'extreme' circumstances ... so it will never be approved.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
just has a good laugh , i read the crow thread , and they are crowing because they beat our kids in the game yesterday , saying things like our bubble has burst ,

Who was it they beat, I read that it was nowhere near the Magpies but mainly our u18s with a few young AFL players like Mitch Harvey.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Who was it they beat, I read that it was nowhere near the Magpies but mainly our u18s with a few young AFL players like Mitch Harvey.
harvey and flynn played, the rest was made up of reserves and under 18s, none of the 15 sanfl listed players played either. also the reserves played on saturday so im not sure if some played 2 games in 2 days or a couple missed the match v glenelg and played against the crows, not sure. northeast and davidson played against the crows but i couldnt name anyone else.

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2 PAFC games in 2 days. As the weekend nears I'm starting to really look forward to this game.

Port Adelaide Round 9 SANFL team v Central District
FB: Tom Logan, Tom Clurey, Daniel Flynn
HB: Lewis Stevenson, Angus Bruggemann, Anthony Biemans
C: Cam O’Shea, Steven Summerton, Karl Amon
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, John Butcher, Jake Neade
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw
Foll: Ben Haren, Ben Newton, Sam Gray
Interchange from: Sam Russell, Zac Hawkins, Robbie Young, Nathan Krakouer, Ben Sawford

In: Sawford, S. Russell, Stevenson, Hawkins, Krakouer
Out: Renouf (knee), Heath (knee), Stewart (knee)

Port Adelaide Round 9 Academy v Central District
FB: Tom Corcoran, Aseri Raikiwasa, James Deeley-Godfrey
HB: Kyran Dixon, Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes, Matt Venter
C: Justin Mills, Jack Cooper, Tom Clarke
HF: Sean Davidson, Sid Masters, Anthony Prior
FF: Will Northeast, Sam Gordon, Luke Partington
Foll: Jonathon Ross, Matthew Williams, Danny Butcher
Interchange from: Major Lienert, Jack Foster, Jayden O’Neill, Jessen, Miller

AJJPAFC

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC SANFL
2 PAFC games in 2 days. As the weekend nears I'm starting to really look forward to this game.

Port Adelaide Round 9 SANFL team v Central District
FB: Tom Logan, Tom Clurey, Daniel Flynn
HB: Lewis Stevenson, Angus Bruggemann, Anthony Biemans
C: Cam O’Shea, Steven Summerton, Karl Amon
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, John Butcher, Jake Neade
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw
Foll: Ben Haren, Ben Newton, Sam Gray
Interchange from: Sam Russell, Zac Hawkins, Robbie Young, Nathan Krakouer, Ben Sawford

In: Sawford, S. Russell, Stevenson, Hawkins, Krakouer
Out: Renouf (knee), Heath (knee), Stewart (knee)

Port Adelaide Round 9 Academy v Central District
FB: Tom Corcoran, Aseri Raikiwasa, James Deeley-Godfrey
HB: Kyran Dixon, Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes, Matt Venter
C: Justin Mills, Jack Cooper, Tom Clarke
HF: Sean Davidson, Sid Masters, Anthony Prior
FF: Will Northeast, Sam Gordon, Luke Partington
Foll: Jonathon Ross, Matthew Williams, Danny Butcher
Interchange from: Major Lienert, Jack Foster, Jayden O’Neill, Jessen, Miller
Newtons going to get a lot of attention over the next few weeks without Moore in the middle. Interesting to see how he handles it.

AJJPAFC

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC SANFL
Really, so we're only putting 12 players on the field?
Pretty much. From the game at North we won't have; Moore, Stewart, Gray, Newton, Renouf. I'd say thats game changing.

AJJPAFC

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC SANFL
Summerton, Logan, Biemans, Hawkins, Sawford looks like our midfield. Not inspiring at all.
Hopefully Butcher, Harvey, Shaw make the most of what may be pretty limited chances.

Back