2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows Reserves - Round 14 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I see on the camry board that whoever Port beat in the grand final should be the real premiers because the competition is "compromised".

Sharp bunch.

Yes, the bloke they 'loaned' from South Adelaide earned his spot with the mighty Camry crows reserves didn't he? But if they were to win....

Omg, look at our depth!

I'm more amazed that their stupidity still stuns me.

I must be a slow learner.

I'm more amazed that their stupidity still stuns me.

I must be a slow learner.

If you had brains as well as looks and personality the world would be completely unfair.

williams.jpg

Moore was every bit as good as his stat sheet suggests and more. By far the best player on the ground. Not the best timing for a game like that with Carlile, Monfries and apparently Logan coming back next week, but he'll certainly give the selectors a headache.

Mitchell, on the other hand, was nowhere near as good as the stat sheet suggests. Can't fault his effort for a second and he earned his 36 touches, but he could've gotten 63 touches and it wouldn't change the unfortunate situation that his skills just aren't up to AFL standard.

Clurey and Stevenson were both beasts in defence. Must have had about 10 intercept marks between them.

Neade had probably his best game of the year. Kicked 2 goals, got a lot of the football and looked a class above when he had it.

Ah Chee and Krakouer didn't get tons of the ball but they both did very good things with it. One is fighting to keep a spot on our list and the other is fighting to regain one. They both went about it the right way today.

Butcher ... just, ugh. I've never seen somebody on a football field who so clearly did not want to be there before in my life. I think he's going to ask for a trade, he is clearly not enjoying his football at Port Adelaide whatsoever right now and his confidence is shot to the point that I just feel sorry for him. What could've been if we'd left him in against Brisbane ...

Last edited:
I only watched on telly but I did watch the whole game and my eyes are pretty good ,
I was impressed by Shaw and Harvey , especially Shaw , think he might have a future starting next year .
Neade was also good although I still think he's a little off the pace at AFL level but he might just get there his poise under pressure and in traffic was very good . He just needs a bit more power in his legs and a bigger engine .
Stevenson deserves a mention , he's just that in between size , not big enough for a key position and probably not athletic enough for a flank at the higher level .
Summerton is an excellent player , almost a Sam Mitchell type . One could do worse than rookie listing him .
Clurey was good , Haren and Bruggerman were good .
Krakoer was excellent , I'd definitely rookie him .
AhChee was impressive , he has got a good tool kit , just needs to impose himself on games a bit more , hopefully we keep him on , he's a good size and has good skills .
Amon showed a bit .
Butch had a tough day against Rutten , a few good tackles and one nice mark but still gets out positioned in marking contests and still is a comedy act shooting for goal .
Then again he probably did more than Flynn who was disappointing today .
Sam Gray was a little disappointing with his disposal although he got the ball a fair bit . As per Mitchell who got heaps of it , he's just not clean enough at this stage .
Moore cruised around like a jet and cut a swathe through the Crows zones , definitely want him in the seniors .
Overall an enjoyable game to watch and well done to Budha and the boys .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theyve (bovines) been lucky to bring in 300. Not that we can talk. Our crowds have been deplorable
I'd have said around 500 identifiable Cows' supporters. On the other hand that means about 3 times as many Port supporters as normal this year. A great number in Maggies gear too, well done those people.

I'm comfortably his (Butcher's) biggest supporter on here but Jesus Christ how the hell can that sort of thing happen?
Some version of today has happened ever since (and including) the Kangaroos' game. It's just today it was on TV, and there were no cheap late goals to mask his crapness.

I've liked Bruggerman's game. He's been pretty good. Do you think he would be a good pickup for the Power? Rookie spot maybe???
Probably not, he's really hit and miss with his effectiveness. And while a lot fitter now than at the beginning of the season IMO he still hasn't got himself to a proper standard.

Best game of the year for Neade?
He's played a few like this at SANFL level. He's a huge talent and we know that the Power selection panel often hovers over his name with their pencils.

Attendance was 6196. Half what the 5aark halfwit said it would be ....
Because their 'supporters' failed to turn up. Lucky though because it was difficult to access toilets, food, drink etc. If the club genuinely believed in a 10,000 crowd turning up they didn't set up for it.

.... Mitchell, on the other hand, was nowhere near as good as the stat sheet suggests. Can't fault his effort for a second .... his skills just aren't up to AFL standard ...
Exactly. Quite probably the hardest worker on the ground for 4 quarters but his kicking is atrocious.

PORT ADELAIDE 3.5 6.10 12.13 15.16 (106)
ADELAIDE 1.2 4.5 5.8 7.12 (54)
BEST – Port: Moore, Summertoon, Mitchell, Neade, Slattery, Clurey. Adelaide: Rutten, Porplyzia, Ellis-Yolmen, Crouch, Petrenko, Battersby.
GOALS – Port: Moore, Neade 3, Shaw, Krakouer 2, Amon, Slattery, Harvey, Johansen, Mitchell. Crows: Porplyzia 3, Ellis-Yolmen, Burns, Petrenko, Callinan.
UMPIRES: Fleer, Crosby, Glouftsis
CROWD: 6197
INJURIESCrows: Hartigan (back). Port: Johansen (soreness

I noticed a few times today with Butch where Rutten ran off him and Butch was jogging after him. It was lucky the bovines went inboard on that occasion and not wide to Truck. Butch was no where near him (And Rutten looked fat and slow)

On another occasion someone had possession on the wing/hff but there was only a small 1 kick away. Instead of presenting an option, Butch jogged towards the goalsquare and therefore 2 kicks away. He chose not to present a tall marking option which was disappointing. We turned over possession.

As someone mentioned, he chose not to fly for a few marks. There was not much positive to say tbh.

Shaw looks miles closer to a call up than Butch. Massive unit too. Seems really quiet does Mason.

The kid just looks so low on confidence, its such a shame.

While I don't think Neade will be playing for the Power next week....He surely has to be at least an emergency.
Hard to believe he breaks this tackle. He'd already jinked through 3 bovines. This is near the top of our 50, pity I can't remember if it led to a score. The selection panel will have noticed.

S1414_neadeaction_hero_620X370.jpg

Hard to believe he breaks this tackle. He'd already jinked through 3 bovines. This is near the top of our 50, pity I can't remember if it led to a score. The selection panel will have noticed.

S1414_neadeaction_hero_620X370.jpg

I reckon that's the play where he chipped it inside 50 to Krakouer who took a strong 1 on 1 mark and then kicked the goal.

at 3:30

PORT ADELAIDE 3.5 6.10 12.13 15.16 (106)
ADELAIDE 1.2 4.5 5.8 7.12 (54)
BEST – Port: Moore, Summertoon, Mitchell, Neade, Slattery, Clurey. Adelaide: Rutten, Porplyzia, Ellis-Yolmen, Crouch, Petrenko, Battersby.
GOALS – Port: Moore, Neade 3, Shaw, Krakouer 2, Amon, Slattery, Harvey, Johansen, Mitchell. Crows: Porplyzia 3, Ellis-Yolmen, Burns, Petrenko, Callinan.
UMPIRES: Fleer, Crosby, Glouftsis
CROWD: 6197
INJURIESCrows: Hartigan (back). Port: Johansen (soreness

I have many happy memories of watching classic summertoons during school holidays. Scooby Doo, Herculoids, Funky Phantom, Space Ghost ... ;)

I reckon that's the play where he chipped it inside 50 to Krakouer who took a strong 1 on 1 mark and then kicked the goal ....
Krak was something special today. A completely different player in hardness and work-rate than when on our AFL list. Excellent finishing but that's not new.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back