Port Adelaide Vs. Essendon @Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually feel for the umpire on that decision. You need to realize, there is no such thing as a perfect game, even the best ones would miss things, or make contentious calls, they are going by what they see in their small center of vision. It is a game of angles, if you're one more degree over from any of the 360, what you see can actually look entirely different

When the Port player got tackled, the ball dropped down right near his leg, in fact so close that even I at first thought it touched his leg. If it did, that would still count as a kick. And the ball also moved forward, depending on the angle of the umpire at the time, ball drops down close to leg, then is knocked forward, what is it going to appear like to the umpire? That he kicked it, made contact with the leg

Yeah it wasn't a good call, but it wasn't an absolute howler, and yeah the dropping and holding the ball calls have been inconsistent, but I can see it from their perspective as well. In the end it didn't affect the outcome

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. My regard for the AFL is actually lower than my regard for Essendon, somehow.

I wouldn't go quite that far but let's just agree they're all campaigners.

In the end it didn't affect the outcome

It easily could have though. There's enough of those campaigners on the field, between them they should be able to get a decision right at a crucial time.

I think Port have taken first position as the most embarrassing and cringeworthy team in the league. I honestly couldn't show a friend from overseas a Port game because I would be too embarrassed.

- Portress
- Decibel metre
- You will never tear us apart and the scarf thing before the game

AFL needs to step in and put an end to it.

The singing was hilarious.

Say what you like , but the persecution of Essendon nearly played out an a in your face, absolute disgraceful NON call of the caught and dropped the ball and illegal disposal not paid against Port to Essendon when Port got their last goal.
If anyone can tell me umpiring is fair with the competition allowing umpires to call what they might think and perceive is correct , OR WITH THREE OF THEM OUT THERE THEY CAN'T PICK UP THAT TYPE OF FREE ( missed), then who ever may think that, is blind and knows nothing about football.
If Essendon had have lost that game because of that goal which wasn't a goal then I would be asking, why aren't the clubs allowed to report umpires for incompetence, NO NOT CHEATING , incompetence! ! ! slammed into umpires by the bloody fools that instruct them and make the nonsense, they call, rules, to ruin a match.

That is the kind of crap I've been whinging and whining about for 3 years, the sport where the umpire can determine the result , and this is the problem, he can determine a result by mistake because of confusion of rules or he just misinterperates the rule in his own mind , or and we've talked about this before , he is friggin well cheating. I don't think they cheat...yet... and I'd hope never, but that is what is happening and tonight was just unbelievable.

Having brought that to peoples' attention , I guess nothing will change, until the AFL is changed and rebooted with new bodies running the show, and a return to understandable rules.

Port I think is a beilliant team and nearly got back, Essendon fought like fury to keep in front. They absolutely deserved to win, but an umpire or umpires could have destroyed that win. Umps don't win games . PLAYERS DO.

Imagine if that was a grand final. Heaven help us , what is happening with the game. Even the callers on TV were going berserk , they couldn't believe it.
Not Port or Essendon's fault , but the fault of the fools that instruct the umpires.

Only way out, is to "black and white" the rules. Or we're stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have lost 4 games this year, by 2, 4, 7 points, and the Showdown by 23 after being 11 points going into the last minute.

In three of those games, we kicked 10.16, 13.16, and 7.18

We are s**t.

Kicking was poor tonight - not just for goal, pretty much all around the ground there were bad decisions and execution.

But s**t teams do not win 11 games out of 15. You're a very good team, just probably one that needs some polish.

why are people saying that happens every week-absolute bullshit-that is ALWAYS called holding the ball
that was clear cut text book holding the ball. period
port supporters always boo when they lose close ones even though the umpires did everything they could to get them over the line in the last quarter...*ing *s
suck s**t port. if bombers lost that would of been the biggest robbery.
that umpire needs a rest next week.

Say what you like , but the persecution of Essendon nearly played out an a in your face, absolute disgraceful NON call of the caught and dropped the ball and illegal disposal not paid against Port to Essendon when Port got their last goal.
If anyone can tell me umpiring is fair with the competition allowing umpires to call what they might think and perceive is correct , OR WITH THREE OF THEM OUT THERE THEY CAN'T PICK UP THAT TYPE OF FREE ( missed), then who ever may think that, is blind and knows nothing about football.
If Essendon had have lost that game because of that goal which wasn't a goal then I would be asking, why aren't the clubs allowed to report umpires for incompetence, NO NOT CHEATING , incompetence! ! ! slammed into umpires by the bloody fools that instruct them and make the nonsense, they call, rules, to ruin a match.

That is the kind of crap I've been whinging and whining about for 3 years, the sport where the umpire can determine the result , and this is the problem, he can determine a result by mistake because of confusion of rules or he just misinterperates the rule in his own mind , or and we've talked about this before , he is friggin well cheating. I don't think they cheat...yet... and I'd hope never, but that is what is happening and tonight was just unbelievable.

Having brought that to peoples' attention , I guess nothing will change, until the AFL is changed and rebooted with new bodies running the show, and a return to understandable rules.

Port I think is a beilliant team and nearly got back, Essendon fought like fury to keep in front. They absolutely deserved to win, but an umpire or umpires could have destroyed that win. Umps don't win games . PLAYERS DO.

Imagine if that was a grand final. Heaven help us , what is happening with the game. Even the callers on TV were going berserk , they couldn't believe it.
Not Port or Essendon's fault , but the fault of the fools that instruct the umpires.

Quality rant, 3.5 stars.

**** me. And I thought I was :drunk:

Piss poor deflection.

Let's see if you can even field a team before the end of the season.
Pretty sure you were saying the exact same thing 12 months ago. You're nothing if not desperately optimistic.

Pretty sure you were saying the exact same thing 12 months ago. You're nothing if not desperately optimistic.
I probably was. But I'm not alone. For the good of the game the rest of us would just prefer if you took your punishment rather than delaying the inevitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back