2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

You leave that game wondering if we're any good for the remaining part of the season. Deplorable second half against the sanfl's worse team. Embarrassing that our experienced afl midfield were getting beaten at the contest by an opposition that is not up with it but turned up the pressure and body.

You leave that game wondering if we're any good for the remaining part of the season. Deplorable second half against the sanfl's worse team. Embarrassing that our experienced afl midfield were getting beaten at the contest by an opposition that is not up with it but turned up the pressure and body.

I wonder how we would have went if we didn't have almost half our team out.

No Ah Chee, Butcher, Austin, Howard, Frampton, also add Sam Gray, Stewart and Clurey because of the injuries to Polec, Ryder and Trengove.

I wonder how we would have went if we didn't have almost half our team out.

No Ah Chee, Butcher, Austin, Howard, Frampton, also add Sam Gray, Stewart and Clurey because of the injuries to Polec, Ryder and Trengove.

Delete Frampton and Howard, we don't know what they bring but possibly better. We had a strong side like this against the bottom Bays late last year and lost. Still a midfield of Moore, Mitchell, and Young should have done better.

Delete Frampton and Howard, we don't know what they bring but possibly better. We had a strong side like this against the bottom Bays late last year and lost. Still a midfield of Moore, Mitchell, and Young should have done better.

It seems we have 2(or 3) sets of gameplans when it comes to the midfield at AFL and SANFL level.

1st quarter and a bit we were getting smashed in the middle against Melbourne and then all the mids lifted.
Would it be fair to say it was pretty much the opposite today? (except we managed to hang on instead of lose by 10 goals in this case).

It seems we have 2(or 3) sets of gameplans when it comes to the midfield at AFL and SANFL level.

1st quarter and a bit we were getting smashed in the middle against Melbourne and then all the mids lifted.
Would it be fair to say it was pretty much the opposite today? (except we managed to hang on instead of lose by 10 goals in this case).

The Bays hit harder, turned the pressure up, clogged our space. Had they kicked better we would have lost.

G'day folks, its been a long time. A close family friend played for the bays yesterday and had some interesting observations after the game.

1. He thinks the players aren't fit. In his words, the maggies "stopped dead". He didn't think the bays went any harder, until they sensed Port had nothing left.
  2. Aaron Young wasn't interested at all
  3. Redden is a monster and he's already too much for most SANFL ruckmen
  4. He thought Moore was ok
Cheers

G'day folks, its been a long time. A close family friend played for the bays yesterday and had some interesting observations after the game.

1. He thinks the players aren't fit. In his words, the maggies "stopped dead". He didn't think the bays went any harder, until they sensed Port had nothing left.
Cheers

That's more than interesting...........:confused:

Cheers
This is probably why your mate is playing for Glenelg, and not in the AFL. Moore was easily best on ground yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His

Cheers
opinion on young is way off

This is probably why your mate is playing for Glenelg, and not in the AFL. Moore was easily best on ground yesterday.
Where did I mention Moore?

One other thing...you people are way too defensive and thin skinned. This bloke likes Port in the AFL and was giving his opinion on what was happening out on the field.

Young might have had good stats, but the first thing he said to me was that "Young didn't seem interested".

I'm still not sure if the Maggies switched off after half time yesterday, or just ran out of juice, but I suspect it was the former.

Interesting tactics by Buddha when the Maggies had the scoring end in the 3rd term, ie he continually flooded the bays forward line even when we were still about 4 goals up, at times there wasn't a single player on the attack side of the centre circle.

As Mic59 said Mitchell's shot to the scoring end from only about 45 metres out dropped like a stone, as did Reddos from just on the 50, although in the last term bay players tonked 3 goals from a similar distance out that cleared the goal line easily.

Has a crook knee, I think patella problems but nothing too serious.
If it is the same patella tendonitis that plagued him in his first few seasons it sucks as he was finally building a tank to play midfield . It may not be serious like an ACL or PCL but annoying and it takes along time to heal without cutting running out completely. Hope he is back soon the kid needs some luck go his way

Where did I mention Moore?

One other thing...you people are way too defensive and thin skinned. This bloke likes Port in the AFL and was giving his opinion on what was happening out on the field.

Young might have had good stats, but the first thing he said to me was that "Young didn't seem interested".
Wot.

"4. He thought Moore was ok"

I stated (perhaps rather snidely) that your friend is wrong, because Moore was best on ground, and was clinical, rather than 'ok'.

In most of our losses and in the second half yesterday one thing stands out to me. The opposition, if they gain the ball in the centre, have a free player behind the centre who they get the ball to so they win the clearance. This leads to our clearances being under pressure but theirs being from a man in space. We could even win clearances but it makes the stat meaningless if they get a second possession from nearly all of theirs and we only get a second possession from half. I have wondered why this is never noticed, I have seen it in AFL games but it is usually shut down after a few minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back