2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 4 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot possibly see Butch making it.

That missed set shot 20m out directly in front was a terrible effort for a supposed league footballer, regardless of the conditions.

If you can't kick those, you won't be playing AFL. Most Div 7 forwards wouldn't miss that.

Nonsense, I remember Schulz kicking in to the man on the mark many times. We had a whole team that managed to get themselves smothered in the worst position.

Goals scored by Mason Shaw tonight: 0
Goals scored by Mitch Harvey tonight: 0
Goals scored by Michael Newton tonight: 0
Goals scored by Brady Dawe tonight: 0

#sackbutch

It wasn't that he was too close to the guy on the mark, he just mongreled it. Inexcusable

Yeah he wasnt too close to the man on the mark. He just barely got it off the ground.

His defensive pressure and tackling was first class tonight. Was never going to be a night for key forwards, but when you get a chance, you gotta nail it.

Nonsense, I remember Schulz kicking in to the man on the mark many times. We had a whole team that managed to get themselves smothered in the worst position.
Schulz doesn't make anywhere near the amount of mistakes as Butcher does.

As I said, I wanted him to succeed. But he's not going to make it, which is a shame after the start to his AFL career.

Schulz doesn't make anywhere near the amount of mistakes as Butcher does.

As I said, I wanted him to succeed. But he's not going to make it, which is a shame after the start to his AFL career.

He did when he was Butcher's age.

Just came back from the game.

Tom Clurey was being used 50/50 as a KPD and a big bodied mid. Was solid.
Sammy Gray, Tom Logan and Summerton were our best. Robbie Young also good.
Mason Shaw was nonexistent.
Colquhoun was terrible.
Mitch Harvey and Redden were solid in the ruck and up forward.
Byrne-Jones's disposals were a mixed bag, Some great, then some shocking.
Butcher was Butcher.
Sharrad was ok but his kicking action is pretty awkward.
Barely saw Amon and Wilson.
Unfortunately Stewart got hurt but looked to be fine at quarter time but didn't play the rest of the game.
I am also gonna say that early signs say that Wagner is not SANFL standard at 24 years of age.
Biemans was ok.
Jesse Palmer was very good early but then disappeared.
Austin looks solid as a full back I think he will play AFL one day.
Cam O'Shea looks to be a bit off from getting back into the AFL side.

Last edited:
Match report: bugger.

Highlights:

Chatting to REH & RedOchrePower.

My partner from Poland enjoying her second game of Aussie Rules.

Enjoying the company of the slightly mad Russian clan out of Alberton.

Karl Amon's game.

$5 large chips and $6.50 Tattachilla Cab/Shiraz, the only value for money items on the menu at the stadium.

Cooper's Stout at GDV, before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redden.

I understand he hasn't played much footy in a while, but has he also lost all his speed and leap? He just looks so unconditioned it isn't funny. How he got selected for AFL level has me baffled. We really need him to get through this whole season and a full preseason so that we can see whether he can return to someone who can compete again.

Other than that, that is exactly what I expected would happen this year to a very weak lineup. Lose AhChee, Young, Krak, Mitchell from our round 1 side, plus Stewart and that becomes a very weak looking side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another point. How much would the SANFL have lost from tonight's game. FAR out. What a terrible business decision. The stalls were full of employees, way too many bars and kiosks were open, etc. Seems crazy.
in fairness the anzac day game last year got over 10000 people, they probably thought a similar crowd tonight but the weather would have kept quite a few away.

Another point. How much would the SANFL have lost from tonight's game. FAR out. What a terrible business decision. The stalls were full of employees, way too many bars and kiosks were open, etc. Seems crazy.
There was more police at the ground than supporters.

Redden.

I understand he hasn't played much footy in a while, but has he also lost all his speed and leap? He just looks so unconditioned it isn't funny. How he got selected for AFL level has me baffled. We really need him to get through this whole season and a full preseason so that we can see whether he can return to someone who can compete again.

Other than that, that is exactly what I expected would happen this year to a very weak lineup. Lose AhChee, Young, Krak, Mitchell from our round 1 side, plus Stewart and that becomes a very weak looking side.

It does but it doesn't excuse some afl listed players hardly touching the ball and placing in a decent effort at the ball. Too many that didn't bust their butt when it counted. Mind you the heads dropped when mature players O'Shea got smothered and Butcher kicked a ridiculous low ball 10 metres out from goal that got touched. It became a 2 goal turn-around with that and the heads dropped off. The endeavour at the ball dried up and we were second to the ball too many times.

I got to ask, what is the point of the Academy side if what they mainly consist of remnants of players that would not get reserves games at other sanfl clubs? Is it to make it seem that we won something back in our negotiations with the devil? They were lucky to kick a goal in the last quarter. Totally not at the class of the better sanfl reserves teams, and we as a club and supporter base accept Port teams being this inept.

Took my boys along tonight to watch some football and they were bored shitless.

Some things I learned tonight:
1. SNAFL must be hard up. Closed bars and kiosks in the Southern Stand halfway through the second quarter.
2. Norwood supporters are morons.
3. There is clearly a culture developing amongst SANFL players looking to take out AFL listed players.
4. Mason Shaw looks lost on a football field.
5. It is impossible for "Juice" Newton to give away a free kick against Port.

no surprises in the result, once the rain came the older bodies of norwood brushed us aside. losing stewart and no moore hurt us.
one positive, clurey, played as a tagger on panos, kept him to 15 touches and only 2 clearances while getting 3 clearances himself. he could be that bigger bodied tagger we desperately need.

once again once the rain comes and you have to put your head over the ball and play tough footballl we are found wanting again. happens in the afl and its filtered down, no doubt about it we are too small, they can talk it up all they want but we are a small bodied team, its a worry when you are a side that is pushing for a premiership at the highest level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back