2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday May 11th 2:10pm on Mothers Day (Academy at 11:25am)

Byrne-Jones, Hitchcock, Ah Chee in the mix to come back.

Also due to Hartlett and Carlile coming back in to the Power 2 more players will drop down to the Maggies.

will be interesting to see a couple of magpies stalwarts return to alberton in the double blue rig. im looking forward to it.

Anyone know if this is the televised match next weekend? I know that there is a televised match next Sunday, but it could also be Glenelg v Roosters. I think it can safely be said that nobody wants to see that.

will be interesting to see a couple of magpies stalwarts return to alberton in the double blue rig. im looking forward to it.

Will be nice to see a sell out, 1 v 2

I m due back home next month for a visit and will make sure it is a home game to watch, hopefully the nephew will be back in play :rainbow:

Will be nice to see a sell out, 1 v 2 ...
Sadly probably 3,000. Sturt used to draw a few, question is if we can.
... hopefully the nephew will be back in play
For us, for them? And a hint of a name? Hopefully not an ex-Magpie.

Will be good to see Hitchcock back. He has been busting his guts for an AFL recall.
No such luck I'm afraid:

Port Adelaide AFL injury list as of Monday 5 May
Hamish Hartlett – illness (available)
Alipate Carlile – illness (available)
Brendon Ah Chee - ankle (available)
Darcy Byrne-Jones – ankle (available)
Mason Shaw - wrist (2-3 weeks)*
Sam Russell - hamstring (3-4 weeks)
Jarrad Redden - knee (4-5 weeks)*
Lewis Stevenson - toe (4-5 weeks)*
Cameron Hitchcock – shin (6-8 weeks)
Sam Colquhoun - knee (season)*
*denotes long term injury list

Port Adelaide SANFL injury list as of Monday 5 May
Jake Johansen - hand (2 weeks)
Louis Sharrad - ankle (11 weeks)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if this is the televised match next weekend? I know that there is a televised match next Sunday, but it could also be Glenelg v Roosters. I think it can safely be said that nobody wants to see that.
Doesn't look like we'll be on TV for the Sturt game according to the club website fixture - but, who knows when this was last updated plus I see there are a number of our games that still show as TBC (to be confirmed) re if it will be a radio or TV broadcast - there are only 2 games currently showing in our remaining fixture that will be on ch 7 Mate and they are the game against Sturt at Unley on28 June and then our second Showdown against the cows at Alberton on 26 July - as for the SANFL website, they still have last weekend's games listed up running across the top of their home page (why am I not surprised!:eek::rolleyes:).

Here's a link to the 2014 list of Magpies games http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/sanfl/season-2014/fixtures-and-results

Bet they'd like to change that. Funny that after all these years Port v Sturt on TV might be a big game again.
Was thinking of putting a very similar comment in my post Powerstuff - we have played some almighty games with huge crowds against Sturt a few decades ago - maybe that's why they've left so many of our remaining games as TBC so they can decide as the season unfolds which ones will be telecast - I'll keep checking the SNAFL (misspelling intended:)) site because one would think surely they will soon put up next weekend's round of games which would show which game will be on TV.

Edit:- can't wait for Sunday at Alberton and of course the Power's huge Sat game against Freo - another big weekend of footy for many of us.:D

Doesn't look like we'll be on TV for the Sturt game according to the club website fixture - but, who knows when this was last updated plus I see there are a number of our games that still show as TBC (to be confirmed) re if it will be a radio or TV broadcast - there are only 2 games currently showing in our remaining fixture that will be on ch 7 Mate and they are the game against Sturt at Unley on28 June and then our second Showdown against the cows at Alberton on 26 July - as for the SANFL website, they still have last weekend's games listed up running across the top of their home page (why am I not surprised!:eek::rolleyes:).

Here's a link to the 2014 list of Magpies games http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/sanfl/season-2014/fixtures-and-results
Managed to find a tv guide for the next week that specifies the match... it's Tigers v Roosters unfortunately.

Managed to find a tv guide for the next week that specifies the match... it's Tigers v Roosters unfortunately.

Watching Resurrection last night and Channel 7 were pumping up the Eagles as their telecast game. Looks and feels great to see SANFL coverage back on commercial TV!

Magpie player, on the injury list ( hand two weeks) named in the 15 contracted

9646207812_8cf1133aea_c.jpg

Magpie player, on the injury list ( hand two weeks) named in the 15 contracted
Dad's first name starts with a 'K'? Dad probably as happy with a Port connection as Graham Cornes was?

Port Adelaide Round 8 SANFL squad v Sturt
FB:
Tom Logan, Tom Clurey, Ben Haren
HB: Campbell Heath, Angus Bruggemann, Anthony Biemans
C: Cam O’Shea, Steven Summerton, Karl Amon
HF: Andrew Moore, John Butcher, Paul Stewart
FF: Henry Slattery, Mitch Harvey, Sam Gray
Foll: Brent Renouf, Jake Neade, Ben Newton
INT: Brendon Ah Chee, Nathan Krakouer, Robbie Young
EMERG: Darcy Byrne-Jones, Daniel Flynn

In: Newton, Ah Chee, Stewart, Byrne-Jones
Out: Mitchell (Power), Hawkins (omitted)

Port Adelaide Round 8 Academy squad v Sturt
FB: Tom Corcoran, Matthew Williams, James Deeley-Godfrey
HB: Jack Foster, Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes, Matt Venter
C: Zac Hawkins, Jack Cooper, Tom Clarke
HF: Sean Davidson, Sidney Masters, Danny Butcher
FF: Will Northeast, Aseri Raikiwasa, Sam Gordon
Foll: Jonathan Ross, Ben Sawford, Jack Haarsma
Interchange from: Justin Mills, H. Jessen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back