2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone get a better view of what happened to Redden?

I was over the other side beneath the balcony of the Allan Scott Headquarters, so couldn't see a whole lot.

I was over the other side beneath the balcony of the Allan Scott Headquarters, so couldn't see a whole lot.
It was bloody right in front of me, one of the Eagles spear tackled him into the back and made him land awkwardly... should have been a bloody push in the back. But those refs today were appalling.

was in a marking contest. was a solid pack where he came from behind and i think it may have been the way he landed, not sure if someone fell on him or it was just the way he hit the ground but it appears he hurt his lower back.

It was bloody right in front of me, one of the Eagles spear tackled him into the back and made him land awkwardly... should have been a bloody push in the back. But those refs today were appalling.
umpires...its not soccer. there didnt seem to be a lot in it, just the way he fell in the pack.

I can't like your post but unfortunately you're 100% correct.
It has nothing to do with chipping..Modern footy is to retain possession.If there is no run forward or unrewarded running then chippy chippy happens..Our lack of run was evident. That is where I thought Achee let himself down..he should look at the way Summo runs and learn from him

Was actually a little shocked at how poorly Stewy played, a few times the moment he got the ball, he just stood still... O'shea was like that at times too...

I just got home, very disappointing effort by the Maggies, 10 mins of decent footy in the 2nd qtr to get a reasonable lead, and that was all she wrote, the 2nd half was abysmal.
The first qtr score of 1 2 to 1 1 on a beautiful sunny day had to be seen to be believed, the Maggies came down the far wing on at least a dozen occasions and turned the ball over everytime with a misdirected kick or numerous, and often unnecessary handballs.
At times it looked as if we had reverted to that ring a ring a rosey bs served up by the Power in our dark days.

Mitch Harvey showed a bit, he is a sensational kick, but geez does he lack mobility when the ball is on the carpet.
The Hoon struggles when an opponent puts the clamps on him, he is going to have to deal with that, the days of him being left 30 metres out on his own on the ponderosa are over.
Reddo was showing some good signs before he was hurt ( twice ) in the last qtr, and hopefully all he has is a shirtfull of sore ribs.
Butch was Butch, he always competes but regularly runs to the wrong spot, and his pass off from only 30 metres out in the 3rd qtr was mystifying, and resulted in a 2 goal turnaround.
Jake Neade got plenty of it but burnt the ball more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has nothing to do with chipping..Modern footy is to retain possession.If there is no run forward or unrewarded running then chippy chippy happens..Our lack of run was evident. That is where I thought Achee let himself down..he should look at the way Summo runs and learn from him

But when players ignore players on their own or presenting a good lead to turn around and kick it backwards, it's not about players not running. Just tried to play safe, almost bruise free footy

really crappy photos but this is where it happened

17338644602_d2b6fce7f1_z.jpg

17338640962_189244cebf_z.jpg

Don't get me wrong, he got his hands on the ball well and moved it forward at times, but those 2-3 times when he froze in place. It probably just goes to show how well the Eagles had locked down every every point to our forwards

Back home and unhappy.Was fair dinkum in the top five worst/most boring games of football I have every had the displeasure of attending. Absolutely no atmosphere at any stage.

Five goals in a half of footy on a perfect day what the heck?. Do either or both sides have a responsibility to those watching the game?.

We were shocking and honestly they weren't much better. Whatever it takes for the win I guess but the game somehow managed to combine the stop start nature of netball with the boring zoning of soccer and the ugliness of pile on rugby league.

Will stick fat as I have done each and every week but no sir Football was NOT the winner today.

Two deplorable games with some players looking like they don't want to or they can't work harder to create space and run. A real lack of team effort and run for too much of the game. Very disheartening. Second to the ball too much.

Shaw was terrible in defence but the worse thing is that he was left there.

We seriously suck at playing against a flood.

The last goal we scored was when Robbie Young marked a chip kick and then took the game on by immediately playing on, moving the ball quickly through the center corridor.
Instinctive movement encourages further movement. Take the game on and be brave. I agree with you regarding Summo. Summo knows that the only way to encourage run is to run: to create space, movement and options. Successful football is about instinctive movement. To chip the ball and stop waiting for further movement is a recipe for disaster if you're not willing to enforce further movement.

Actually, we're probably talking about the same thing. But chipping the ball from one back pocket to the other never won a game of football.

One of the most boring games of football I have ever witnessed. My brother complained that he missed a afternoon sleep on the couch for this. Can't disagree with him that attending Alberton was more worthwhile than an afternoon kip.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back