Port to wear Black and White Magpies Jumper this week.

What do you think about us letting Port wear the prison bars?

• Sadly for me, I'm not a Collingwood supporter :( (but at least my team is playing finals)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - bad idea, the black and white stripes are ours!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - care factor = 0

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - great idea to help out Port

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, nice level headed comments guys. I've never really spent much time looking at the Richmond board, but in the last 24 hours I've noticed they clearly are the most unintelligent fools who seem to have already won the flag.
That's rubbish PowerBaz, if you have in fact been to the Tigers board you'll no doubt have seen that outside of some smart arses being deliberately provocative, the majority of the Richmond board side with Port on this one. Even Benny Gale is in your corner. The decision is a farce.

That's rubbish PowerBaz, if you have in fact been to the Tigers board you'll no doubt have seen that outside of some smart arses being deliberately provocative, the majority of the Richmond board side with Port on this one. Even Benny Gale is in your corner. The decision is a farce.

You may be right, to be honest most of the board is full of good comments, however yesterday it seemed more about Richmond being a big VFL team and us being minnows... but your point is taken. I just saw a pic of your away strip with white shorts and us in our home gear, what the hell is wrong with that? it looks fine to me?

I'm totally fine with this, stupid decision by the AFL to not let Port wear their home jumper

I'm glad to read this. Port were at risk of being completely screwed over by the AFL, no way should they be forced to wear a clash strip in their own backyard.
Kudos to Ed for allowing common sense to prevail. And Port, I'm in your corner this final series, start by wiping the smug smile right off the dial of these tigers fans.

Surprised at the amount of you guys behind us this weekend. I guess the black and white and also the J-mac stuff has united us to some degree recently.

And of course we all can't stand Richmond! Hopefully we can get over the line and then head west to face a battered Freo again.

Wouldn't be fair if Port had to wear their white clash guernsey.....

AFL needs to demand Richmond to have adequate strips for season 2015.

Its going to be a weird feeling seeing it in the finals. Grew up a Port diehard in the SANFL but couldnt follow them into the AFL, didnt feel the same.
Now seeing the best guernsey in football show cased in a finals match should make me happy but i want Richmond to win and how can i ever barrack against that guernsey. *s sake.
Im happy for Port fans however, my brothers are stoked they are getting to wear it.

What I don't understand is why the AFL feel the need to stick it's ugly corporate nose into the game.

Port are at home and want to wear their traditional/home strip. Does it clash with Richmond's preferred strip? If yes, Richmond must change. Since it doesn't Richmond can wear it's preferred strip (which happens to be it's traditional/home strip).

Another non-issue that is made an issue in this overly politically-correct world.

End of/

Yellow shorts would have fixed the "problem". Not that there was one. Dont know why the AFL needs to make stuff so hard for themselves.

Next year Richmond need a better clash strip. Probably a reverse strip. Its irrelveant if it looks a little bit like WA's state jumper. WA is not in the AFL so the Adleaide teams (the only ones who would bitch about this) are welcome to forfeit if they dont like it.

As for the prison bars, its nothing to do with Collingwood. Let them have it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already want Port to smash Richmond so this only makes it easier.

Also glad we're not making a big fuss out of this.

To all the 'club is showing weakness/soft as marshmellow' comments, don't be daft. It's one game and we're not even in the finals anymore.

Whatever we can do to help port beat Richmond, I'm all for.

Can we lend them Pendles?

Tigers will be happy, last time they met the black and white in a final they won by 12 goals

Yes but the last time they beat us (outside of the NAB challenge) was like 10 years ago... not sure how happy they'd be with that stat.

Great news!

I have made it clear in the "my second favorite team" thread that I love Port every time they are not playing Collingwood I want them to win. Bloody oath I hope they belt Richmond on Sunday.

Carn the Magpies!

Richmond used to be my 'second team' because my girlfriend and her entire family barracked for them, so it was just easier. Also, they are a shambles so it's hard not to feel bad for them. Also, Richo!

But these days, that g/f is an ex and now the only Richmond supporter I know is a Collingwood-bagging arrogant gloating friend, so Richmond have gone from my second favourite to my second most hated, solely thanks to him.

So here's hoping they get smashed!

Surprised at the amount of you guys behind us this weekend. I guess the black and white and also the J-mac stuff has united us to some degree recently.

And of course we all can't stand Richmond! Hopefully we can get over the line and then head west to face a battered Freo again.

I have a feeling they will knock off Sydney.

You have to remember a lot of us were Port supporters back in the SANFL so seeing that guernsey brings back beautiful memories

It's great that you guys understand that we are not trying to copy Collingwood, But simply are just paying tribute to our SANFL heritage. (or at least were trying to vs Carlton a few weeks ago). Without Port Adelaides dominance in the SANFL, there would be no Port Adelaide in the AFL, I can tell you that.
I'm glad that I can still go down to Alberton and watch our 2nds wear the Prison Bars. Any time we wear it at AFL level is very special to me as a supporter of the PAFC.

Back