Game Day Port v Sydney Round 2, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough numbers at the fall of the ball. It seemed like Sydney had 3 or 4 players around it all the time, plus poor kicking into the F50 gave the forwards no chance in taking a mark.

and then having to deal with the worst umpire ever to umpire our game, yep talking about that bald headed maggot (M Nichols), once again he found a way to screw us over every chance he had.
I don't like to umpire bash but that 1st qtr was disgusting. Changed the momentum of the game early on.

and then having to deal with the worst umpire ever to umpire our game, yep talking about that bald headed maggot (M Nichols), once again he found a way to screw us over every chance he had.
He's special that **** no doubt about that but we ****** ourselves harder

I lived in Melbourne last year. First trip to AO tonight. I thought it felt very fabricated and unnatural before the game.
Our supporters had nothing to cheer about all night. We were every bit as quiet as Crows fans when their team sucks.

Pretty pathetic night to have my debut at AO.

It was garbage. All that hype about the pre match leading up to the game and it fizzed. Kochie walking around the oval with a microphone talking to a couple of disinterested, ageing pop stars and then still standing there in the goal square talking to them as the ball was bounced was just embarrassing.
This s**t needs to be dropped or we run the real risk of becoming all tip and no iceberg.

It was garbage. All that hype about the pre match leading up to the game and it fizzed. Kochie walking around the oval with a microphone talking to a couple of disinterested, ageing pop stars and then still standing there in the goal square talking to them as the ball was bounced was just embarrassing.
This s**t needs to be dropped or we run the real risk of becoming all tip and no iceberg.
I also felt embarrassed for Russell Ebert before the match.

It was all contrived. Port supporters are too smart for that crap.

All we want to see is good, tough, honest, brutal footy.

Our club failed to deliver in every possible aspect. It was a major put-off.

Last edited:
My problem with Monfries is he gets in trouble almost immediately when he gathers the ball even when he appears to have space on his opponent... got some work to do or he'll be lining up in the SANFL
Monfries looks inept overall at present. Slow, fumbly, completely ineffective if he has an opponent within 10m of him. His modus operandi is to go to ground diving forward. Then there is his kicking. He should not lead anywhere near the ball if he is going to mark more than 15m out from goal. He can't kick over a jam tin to save himself.

You know what? We remind me of Richmond at the moment.
No Maric at the start of last year, and all hype from the previous season and before they knew it their year was virtually over.
We seem to be struggling much more without Lobbe than I could have ever imagined.

Redden's work in the ruck contests was worse than anyone could have anticipated, and worse than can be allowed even given his time out of the game.

Zero hit-outs to half-time. Holy cow!

We play these blokes again in early July. A helluva lot needs to change between now and then, or we'll see the same result. I'd love a dollar for every time the ball hit the ground, and a Swans was there first to collect it. That comes down to work rate, and our boys need to work a lot harder - especially against the big boys.

Next week against North, I want to see a fanatical Port team, that is ferocious at the ball and the opponent with it. Anything less, and we'll be 0-3, heading into the Hawthorn game!!!

So i thought if pop back in...what was the free kick count at the end?

Not hearing much sooking about it now.
Kick a dog when it's down much, you can * off campaigner. Who the * bought up free kicks as the difference? Had a s**t game with better opposition, you're really a s**t campaigner.

I was pretty disappointed tonight , I am everytime we lose but especialy so when we are outmuscled or the opponent plays tougher than Port.I reckon Reddon did o'k' considering his long absence , even though when he did win the tap we fumbled or couldn't pick it up and out cleanly . The onballers/mids got killed , geez how often did Sydney come out of the ball ups and packs with the ball ? , also to have 60 plus forward entries and only 14 shots on goal shows we tried to be to pretty , tying to get a shot straight in front 5 meters out and using 157 short handballs/kicks sideways to get it there. I know Jake had a few stuff ups , but he continued to run hard and tried all night , same with Alipate played a good game , also I thought Ryder at least tried to present himself , on the other hand the performances put in by Westy , Hartlet , and a few others was very poor . To sum up I know there was plenty of pressure and the umps helped the Swans no end early , but it doesn't excuse poor disposal when we were in the clear, this was our worst performance in the modern era (Post Primus ) and im sure we wont repeat this again this year, cheers.
*en hope so

Monfries looks inept overall at present. Slow, fumbly, completely ineffective if he has an opponent within 10m of him. His modus operandi is to go to ground diving forward. Then there is his kicking. He should not lead anywhere near the ball if he is going to mark more than 15m out from goal. He can't kick over a jam tin to save himself.
In terms of being a premiership quality forward, he is probably cooked. Too old and too slow. Not the only one unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, on the outer harbor train home & what a s**t night. Bunch of bandwagoner shits around me, campaigner game, non port mates there just to give me more s**t. What the * was the pre game? Kochie has had some good tricks but tonight was s**t. It was an insult to Ebert, the inxs utensils can * off, & * the dj. We can do better. * this

Our players are trying to do too much instead of the first option we are trying to beat a guy or two and screwing up the players upfield. Our forward line 8s dysfunctional moving ryder into it, only time can fix that

Pittard looked your best tonight. Haven't seen much of the guy, but he looks a real good talent with some nice skills.

Sydney are a bloody great team, and you guys had a hell of a game last week in Fremantle.

f*ck. f*ck. f*ck.

Redden was completely ineffectual, in ruck and up forward. Trengove or Westhoff would have done better in ruck.

Wrong move to bring him in for butch. Always was. Butch proved it with his game for the maggies. Better be fixed this week.

All the Port fans leaving before the game had finished was embarrassing.. this HAS TO StOP!!

We aren't Crows crybabies!! o_O

I lived in Melbourne last year. First trip to AO tonight. I thought it felt very fabricated and unnatural before the game.
Our supporters had nothing to cheer about all night. We were every bit as quiet as Crows fans when their team sucks.

Pretty pathetic night to have my debut at AO.
Honestly mate you are right. They ****ed it up. Both NTUA and NGI. NGI has to be a shock. The drums of the main bit surprise everyone and we get keen. That's what that song does. Prompting everyone it is coming was friggin terrible but even worse they had some issue technically which fully ****ed it! Then the NTUA turned from an organic thing into a prompted and forced thing. Hey it was still ok, but just trigger the music and let it happen! You don't need to prompt and force us to stand up.

All the Port fans leaving before the game had finished was embarrassing.. this HAS TO StOP!!

We aren't Crows crybabies!! o_O
Yep most embarrassing moment I've had as a fan. Shows up all our band wagoners. I have zero time for all those pathetic people.

Additionally I have zero time for all the scum jumping the bus line, I let rip at 2 x 50 year old ladies and I have zero regrets as those 2 deserved it. Just walked all the way up the inside of the line and smugly hopped on. I drilled them and they didn't care less. Respect common decency and line up like the rest of us.

Your team contains an embarrassing assortment of duckers and floppers. Cheers.
16903062227_327d489f0d_z.jpg

17108901942_bf90c9b0a9_z.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back