Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been watching some highlights of CJs play the last few games and it got me thinking. Neil has us similarly placed to the Clips before he traded for CP3. If a star player becomes disgruntled we now have somewhat of a package of youth/valuable contracts to be able to trade. Obviously we lack the picks that say the Celts have stockpiled and could only include our draft pick in a draft night trade, but at least we're in the ball park. It would be absolutely great if Vonleh could get some more minutes and increase his production, because a package including some/all CJ, Vonleh, Aminu, Crabbe + our first (assume top 7) would surely be one of the more competitive packages available if a real talent became available. The obvious one would be Demarcus Cousins and while i know weve struck out in FA, if would could engineer a trade to pair a real star up with Lillard all of a sudden our rebuild is flying. Who else would anyone consider that type of package for/who else could potentially come available that would fit that blockbuster trade scenario? If only Memphis would blow it up and trade us Marc Gasol...

Just been watching some highlights of CJs play the last few games and it got me thinking. Neil has us similarly placed to the Clips before he traded for CP3. If a star player becomes disgruntled we now have somewhat of a package of youth/valuable contracts to be able to trade. Obviously we lack the picks that say the Celts have stockpiled and could only include our draft pick in a draft night trade, but at least we're in the ball park. It would be absolutely great if Vonleh could get some more minutes and increase his production, because a package including some/all CJ, Vonleh, Aminu, Crabbe + our first (assume top 7) would surely be one of the more competitive packages available if a real talent became available. The obvious one would be Demarcus Cousins and while i know weve struck out in FA, if would could engineer a trade to pair a real star up with Lillard all of a sudden our rebuild is flying. Who else would anyone consider that type of package for/who else could potentially come available that would fit that blockbuster trade scenario? If only Memphis would blow it up and trade us Marc Gasol...

My Only issue with Gasol is he's now what 30/31 ? I understand what you saying though and it does have a lot of merit.

I think we are in trouble we are not going to get a good lottery position now...
Sadly I agree. It looks like we are too good to get a top 5 pick, yet no where near good enough to make a splash in the playoffs. Stuck in limbo at the moment with no real legit players on our roster who could become a star to pair around Lillard.

I wouldnt be opposed to trading CJ

Sadly I agree. It looks like we are too good to get a top 5 pick, yet no where near good enough to make a splash in the playoffs. Stuck in limbo at the moment with no real legit players on our roster who could become a star to pair around Lillard.

I wouldnt be opposed to trading CJ

I can see a future similar to what the Phoenix Suns have been for the last 3-4 years... An around .500 team the way its looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an incredible last 3 minutes from Lillard right there.

18 wins already I think the tank is ruined.
We are only 6 games in front of the 2nd worst record in the conference.

The next 10 or so games are generally considered easy, need to lose a lot of them

We are only 6 games in front of the 2nd worst record in the conference.

The next 10 or so games are generally considered easy, need to lose a lot of them
Just checked the sched - a lot of home games against beatable opponents. Must. Lose.
Starting to worry about the direction of this team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back